Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fun Bobby could drop back into the 10 role then you get Salah to play more central and stick Mahrez on the right.
    simples.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Ben Smith on Liverpools interest in Lemar. Think he is still well connected at Liverpool.

A much more likely transfer than Mahrez, who I think is just using us to create interest.

https://twitter.com/BSmith/status/949915084779814912

Mahrez in Jan and Lemar in the summer? :pac: Now that would be something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

What did I miss since Derby win :D:D

What did I miss since Derby win :D:D

Coutinho gone.
    Bitterness has hit new levels.
    Mourinho continues his meltdown.
    Mahrez the last rumour. It was on , now off. Probably back on tomorrow. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It seems pretty easy to know which journalists to believe and which not. There's ones who clearly have contacts within the clubs, and anything outside of that seems to be bs.

Based on that, any talk of Mahrez is a waste of time. Not going to happen.

Lemar I believe is the likely target. I think we could persuade them to sell this January. They're out of the CL and surely they know PSG have the league wrapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Derby lost....?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/949933978768822272

Lemar the target but report says talk of Mahrez is "premature", which is an interesting way of phrasing it.

Club may attempt to push through the Keita deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Could be worse I remember spending a deadline day practically praying we wouldn't sign Carlton Cole & another hoping Andy Carroll wouldn't happen either.
    Club looks bad if there is no definitive target as we had 6 months of knowing Coutinho wanted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

ERG89 wrote: »
    Could be worse I remember spending a deadline day practically praying we wouldn't sign Carlton Cole & another hoping Andy Carroll wouldn't happen either.
    Club looks bad if there is no definitive target as we had 6 months of knowing Coutinho wanted out.

Lemar seems to be the main target but it looks like they have learned from vvd that to stay fixated on one target might not be the best approach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Morzadec wrote: »
    It seems pretty easy to know which journalists to believe and which not. There's ones who clearly have contacts within the clubs, and anything outside of that seems to be bs.

Based on that, any talk of Mahrez is a waste of time. Not going to happen.

Lemar I believe is the likely target. I think we could persuade them to sell this January. They're out of the CL and surely they know PSG have the league wrapped up.

I think the big problem is if Monaco sell, they know the fans are going to go absolutely mental.

9523148_1_orig.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Fun Bobby could drop back into the 10 role then you get Salah to play more central and stick Mahrez on the right.

If I was moving Salah at all I'd be letting Mane go back to the right where he was so good last year.

I'd be happy with mahrez but I'd prefer if we went elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sword1 wrote: »
    Lemar seems to be the main target but it looks like they have learned from vvd that to stay fixated on one target might not be the best approach

I fully expect the club to either overpay for someone to directly replace Coutinho or nobody comes in at all.

Anyway here is Matip's sassy walk

https://twitter.com/BenThornes/status/949382633565360128

Lemar definitely seems to be the long-term target, having been linked with him last summer. The main advantage to signing Mahrez ahead of him is that Mahrez is PL-proven and is not CL-tied this season. And would be a good bit cheaper. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

As I said yesterday fcuk it buy both of them the more attacking options the better.

As I said yesterday fcuk it buy both of them the more attacking options the better.

Salah, Mane, Fermino, Lemar, Mahrez, Keita, Lallana, Sturridge(?)

Liverpool Globetrotters FC?

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Salah, Mane, Fermino, Lemar, Mahrez, Keita, Lallana, Sturridge(?) Solanke & Woodburn.

Liverpool Globetrotters FC?

Keita would be more CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

We will have strikers leaving as well in ings and probably sturridge so will definitely need someone in that area unless thats the plan in getting mahrez which would allow salah or mane play central if bobby needs a rest.
    Would much prefer lemar over mahrez but I trust klopp to get the right player and even if we dont sign anyone this window am sure he has a plan of how to cover the loss.
    We all worried when we didnt sign a centreback in the summer and thought he was mad to hold out but was proven right in the end, and he knows its him will take the blame if this doesnt work out so he must be fairly confident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Daily Heil ran a story last night saying Ben Woodburns move to Sunderland was on hold pending Salah's recovery in the light of Continho's move. So presumbaly this means he could start be on the bench against City!

Depending on how the FA deal with the Holgate allegations which he is sticking to Fun Bobby could decide he wants out to Spain as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The Daily Heil ran a story last night saying Ben Woodburns move to Sunderland was on hold pending Salah's recovery in the light of Continho's move. So presumbaly this means he could start be on the bench against City!

It strikes me as lunacy sending any youngster on loan to that dumpster fire of a club, regardless of assurances as to playing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Depending on how the FA deal with the Holgate allegations which he is sticking to Fun Bobby could decide he wants out to Spain as well.

Reckon the same. It’s going to be inconclusive so the FA will say they couldn’t find him guilty rather than he’s innocent. It’ll follow him around for the rest of his time here, and you only have to look at the match thread to see how the knuckle draggers will latch onto it.

Yeah, Fermino is my biggest worry due to Coutinho leaving. I doubt Salah & Mane give a hoot about Cout, but Fermino seemed to have a good relationship with his compatriot both on and off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Yeah, Fermino is my biggest worry due to Coutinho leaving. I doubt Salah & Mane give a hoot about Cout, but Fermino seemed to have a good relationship with his compatriot both on and off the pitch.

That’s why I said yesterday we need to sign another Brazilian player, he doesn’t even have to be good, just be good mates with Bobby

Is Firminho now the only South American in our squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We need to sign him a... friend? Nah. We need to sign a replacement that's good for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Any good Brazilian goalkeepers knocking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

_65624992_doni.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Mahrez now, deal now for Lemar in the Summer? Yeah, I’d take that.
    Line up a keeper in the Summer then.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Reckon the same. It’s going to be inconclusive so the FA will say they couldn’t find him guilty rather than he’s innocent. It’ll follow him around for the rest of his time here, and you only have to look at the match thread to see how the knuckle draggers will latch onto it.

Or else the FA will say that despite no one seeing it or hearing it apart from Holgate, who presumably speaks perfect Portuguese, Firmino is banned for 8 games.

5starpool wrote: »
    Or else the FA will say that despite no one seeing it or hearing it apart from Holgate, who presumably speaks perfect Portuguese, Firmino is banned for 8 games.

I'd imagine that could spark a legal challenge!

Hopefully it's all a misunderstanding anyway, and we can move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Selling your best player halfway through the season is absolute bollocks of the highest order. I don't give a **** whose decision it was.

This. Why couldn't we agree the deal now ala Keita, and he could go in the summer.

We're in the Champions League ffs.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This. Why couldn't we agree the deal now ala Keita, and he could go in the summer.

We're in the Champions League ffs.

Klopp's statement mentioned that Cout told everyone ("even his team mates") that he wanted out. I think this is a significant statement. I've a feeling Klopp is hinting that Cout was starting to become a disruptive influence in the dressing room and he feared that it would only get worse after this window if he didn't leave. In other words, best for all concerned for him to be sold and for LFC to only have players who are 100% committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I was very "meh" about VVD's free kick ability when he was signed as it seemed irrelevant when we had Coutinho to hit them, but I guess this could come in useful now.

He obviously has some dingers in his highlight reel, but anyone have any idea what his consistency is like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We really need to sign a replacement this window i feel. It would give the squad and fans a huge lift after losing such an important player in coutinho.

Also it will make us look so small time if we cant prise lemar away from monaco this transfer window after barcelona doing it to us with coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What did Holgate allege

cjmc wrote: »
    What did Holgate allege

As I understand it, that Firmino called him a 'f***ing n*****'. Hard to understand how no-one else appears to have heard any such thing being said, including the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

What did Holgate allege
    That he was racially abused. There is nothing in the public domain about what the alleged racial abuse term is.

Plenty of lip readers say that he was called "a crazy son of a b!tch" in Portuguese.

corwill wrote: »
    As I understand it, that Firmino called him a 'f***ing n*****'. Hard to understand how no-one else appears to have heard any such thing being said, including the ref.

In what way did you understand that?

In what way did you understand that?

From attempting to lipread from a replay of Holgate's conversation on the pitch with Madley. I may have completely gotten that wrong, lip-reading is not my area of expertise at all, insofar as it's anyone's. I've seen similar suggestions on twitter, for what that's worth (not a bollock hair).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

What did Holgate allege
    After bring a cnuty bitch he alleged Bobby called him a black ****..

That's what Holgate alleged to the ref - "he called me a fu*kin n***a". There's a video of Holgate saying that to the ref. Doesn't actually mean Fermino said anything of the sort of course.

I wonder did Holgate mis-hear "puta" as "n***a"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There is no chance firmino can be banned unless they have video evidence or the ref heard it. From what we know so far neither of these things have happened.

The one thing for sure by alleging that Holgate made the ref forget to send him off for recklessly endangering Firmino by pushing him into the crowd at full speed.

I bet the FA won't retrospectively ban him either since he wasn't booked they can take action but won't.

There is no chance firmino can be banned unless they have video evidence or the ref heard it. From what we know so far neither of these things have happened.

Didn't make a blind bit of difference in the past...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of Barca journos salivating, calling Coutinho the long term successor to Iniesta.

Coutinho is brilliant, but he's nothing like Iniesta.

Coutinho has never controlled a game in his life. Coutinho is a player of magic moments, pieces of play that change games.

That's what they're buying.

Basically (and he's not nearly as good as either of these players)...he's more Neymar than he is Xavi.

He most definitely is the clear successor to Iniesta. That's partly why they are so desperate fo get them. Iniesta is 33 now.

He will be conrrolling games over there. The pace of the game is slower and the league isnt as competitive.

Such a shame as to win a league title for Liverpool here would have conferred legendary status. Winning La Liga with Barca is not quite the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He most definitely is the clear successor to Iniesta. That's partly why they are so desperate fo get them. Iniesta is 33 now.

He will be conrrolling games over there. The pace of the game is slower and the league isnt as competitive.

Such a shame as to win a league title for Liverpool here would have conferred legendary status. Winning La Liga with Barca is not quite the same.

We are further away from winning the league than ever before, arguably.

I wouldn't hold it against him for not sticking around for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The ref didn't hear it. If he did, it's an automatic red card so that's that ruled out.

noodler wrote: »
    We are further away from winning the league than ever before, arguably.

Well that's bull**** clearly!

I wouldn't mind throwing £30m at Wolves for Neves double their money on him in one season.

Though being honest he would probably cost £50m if any club tried to buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Well, obviously we have assembled a great attacking set of players (albeit with our most prized asset now leaving).

But I'm sure you'll appreciate the narrow basis I am using to make the statement i.e. Gap from first now versus gap from First in previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If everyone thinks we’re progressing he’ll dispute it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement