Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

fyfe79 wrote: »
    That's what Holgate alleged to the ref - "he called me a fu*kin n***a". There's a video of Holgate saying that to the ref. Doesn't actually mean Fermino said anything of the sort of course.

I wonder did Holgate mis-hear "puta" as "n***a"?

I think its highly unlikely he said that there is footage of him screaming in Portuguese he is hardly going to start speaking in English after that and nobody hearing what he said apart from holgate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lot of chatter about clyne on twitter that there's more to his "back injury" than first appeared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The ref was an inch from Firminos face, he would have heard it and if he did Firmino would be sent off immediately....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    The ref was an inch from Firminos face, he would have heard it and if he did Firmino would be sent off immediately....

If it was something that even sounded a little like something racist, you would have expected a more animated immediate reaction from Madley or even from Holgate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

klose wrote: »
    Lot of chatter about clyne on twitter that there's more to his "back injury" than first appeared.

I think Gomez is a better RB than Clyne.

Just need to improve at the back post but he has everything. Pace,strength can dribble & has a great cross.

Trent AA good too but Gomez superior to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

noodler wrote:
    But I'm sure you'll appreciate the narrow basis I am using to make the statement i.e. Gap from first now versus gap from First in previous seasons.

Two words. Roy Hodgson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think its highly unlikely he said that there is footage of him screaming in Portuguese he is hardly going to start speaking in English after that and nobody hearing what he said apart from holgate.

Yup.

Unless Holgate understands Portuguese, it is almost certainly a case of a misunderstanding, as it's 100% clear that Firmino is speaking Portuguese, not English (yes I can tell, you don't need to be a lip reader, it's very very clear on the close up slow motion).

I'm wondering, "Filho da Puta", starts with an F, similar amount of syllables as to what Holgate believes he heard. Could make sense.

At the crucial moment Jonjo Kenny puts his head in the way of the camera unfortunately, but as you say it would be very weird, in the heat of an angry tirade, for Firmino to suddenly switch from his native language to English.

So does Holgate understand Portuguese? I highly doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The same chatter from a few months back?

He's missing an entire season so that's hardly surprising :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think Gomez is a better RB than Clyne.

Just need to improve at the back post but he has everything. Pace,strength can dribble & has a great cross.

Trent AA good too but Gomez superior to him.

That has been a huge plus this season. How well the two of them have done.

• Advertisement

Plus Firmino was hardly whispering so others would have heard it too.

Not a nice thing to have hanging over your name if you're innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Anythiing reliable or is it Joe bloggs with 23 followers ? Whats being said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

klose wrote:

Wasn't there rumours flying about a couple months ago that the injury was covering up a drug ban or something. Obviously its twitter nonsense and would have been easily found out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Anythiing reliable or is it Joe bloggs with 23 followers ? Whats being said?

Being said for the length of his injury at this stage , one rumour was drugs in his system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

That's what Holgate alleged to the ref - "he called me a fu*kin n***a". There's a video of Holgate saying that to the ref. Doesn't actually mean Fermino said anything of the sort of course.

I wonder did Holgate mis-hear "puta" as "n***a"?

I think we probably went through this with Suarez/Evra and it may be on Twitter. But "negro' is the polite, politically correct term in Portuguese, 'preto' as in the colour black, is the pejoritive term. But I guess bringing colour into it is asking for trouble, that's even if he did say anything about colour.

Morzadec wrote: »

....., but as you say it would be very weird, in the heat of an angry tirade, for Firmino to suddenly switch from his native language to English.

Firmino has been here years.... he was angrily tirading at an English speaker.... throwing is some English isn't at all unfathomable IMO.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Wasn't there rumours flying about a couple months ago that the injury was covering up a drug ban or something. Obviously its twitter nonsense and would have been easily found out

Dodgy rumours to be putting out there I'd imagine.

Mr.H wrote: »

Dodgy rumours to be putting out there I'd imagine. Defamation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If Clyne were a drug taker he wouldn't be a Liverpool player now and it wouldn't be a matter for conjecture by Graeme Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The Ref does not speak Portuguessesian .

• Advertisement

Clyne did have surgery didn't he? I'd imagine he'd be let go if it was drugs, how likely are we to pay thousands of pounds a week to a guy that took drugs? And then cover it up?

The Ref does not speak Portuguessesian .

Its about as likely as Holgate speaking Portugese

Probably bitter Everton fans spreading rumours. They said it about Fowler for years.

Small club mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Yup.

Unless Holgate understands Portuguese, it is almost certainly a case of a misunderstanding, as it's 100% clear that Firmino is speaking Portuguese, not English (yes I can tell, you don't need to be a lip reader, it's very very clear on the close up slow motion).

I'm wondering, "Filho da Puta", starts with an F, similar amount of syllables as to what Holgate believes he heard. Could make sense.

At the crucial moment Jonjo Kenny puts his head in the way of the camera unfortunately, but as you say it would be very weird, in the heat of an angry tirade, for Firmino to suddenly switch from his native language to English.

Obregardo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Clyne did have surgery didn't he? I'd imagine he'd be let go if it was drugs, how likely are we to pay thousands of pounds a week to a guy that took drugs? And then cover it up?

Added to that 70% of drug testing is done away from the club. Means even if he had a problem just being injured wouldnt be enough to protect him. As long as he is a registered player he is likely to be tested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Has clyne even done an interview this season talking about his injury ? Do find it a bit strange we havent really heard the club or player talk much at all about his injury.

ricero wrote: »
    Has clyne even done an interview even this season talking about his injury ? Do find it a bit strange we havent really heard the club or player talk much at all about his injury.

Similar with Ings though wasn't it?

Holgate telling everyone who will listen '' he called me nagger'' Even Lallana.
    That I can even lip read.
    Was it an attempt to get Firmino sent off, all made up. He should be banned if it was.

Was it an attempt to get Firmino sent off, all made up. He should be banned if it was.

It will go down as a "misunderstanding" if he's proven to have lied....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This...

Plus, the refs are miked up, probably on an open Mike system to the 4th official etc, so lots of ears on the ground. Lots of Everton players about too, none of whom reacted in any way except to try to pull Holgate away.

Outrageous slur on Bobby tbh, needs to be nipped in the bid very quickly.

It will go down as a "misunderstanding" if he's proven to have lied....

Maybe it was. Seemed to be the last words Firmino said that enraged him, Kenny's head blocked the camera at that point though, no one can see what he said, unless there is more footage.
    We see it once from the back, no one can lip read the back of Firminos head, and we see it once from the front, but Kennys head blocks the last few words that enraged Holgate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If everyone thinks we’re progressing he’ll dispute it.

Don't you gender label me ya pr1ck!

Maybe it was.

Very true. The cynic in me thinks a player found an opportunity to get out of a tricky situation and took it.

Very true. The cynic in me thinks a player found an opportunity to get out of a tricky situation and took it.

And if the ref didnt hear it nor anyone else then he should get double the ban for telling porkys to save his neck during the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

£50m for Jan Oblak is the latest nonsense...
    https://extra.ie/sport/soccernews/liverpool-world-class-goalkeeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sign Reus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Probably bitter Everton fans spreading rumours. They said it about Fowler for years.

Small club mentality.

We see how small time they are to use heysel on stickers left behind to try and score points

rob316 wrote: »
    Sign Reus

You mean sick note Reus....better signing no one or asking Stevie G to come back for 3 games a year.

Tried to get Klopp a number of times when he was BVB and after......every time Klopp said no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

You mean sick note Reus....better signing no one or asking Stevie G to come back for 3 games a year.

I'd say he was taking the mick! Reus as likely to sign as Oblak.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Small club mentality.

Awful post imo.

You're on the Everton thread preaching about how all clubs have idiot fans and yet you're posting this in here, seems a tad contradictory to me.

Back up that it's Everton fans and not just a pointless 'bitter' dig with a 'small club' jab thrown in for good measure too.

Nabil Fekir

What do people know of this guy? Seems to be a player on the up, this time next year could be serious money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

This...

Plus, the refs are miked up, probably on an open Mike system to the 4th official etc, so lots of ears on the ground. Lots of Everton players about too, none of whom reacted in any way except to try to pull Holgate away.

Outrageous slur on Bobby tbh, needs to be nipped in the bid very quickly.

Why has it not been nipped in the bud yet though?

How long can this take to investigate, they either have footage / recording or they don't.

It's very strange and a little disconcerting, it suggests something less than black and white to me.. maybe something was said,but something not obviously discriminatory and they're now attempting to analyse / judge the meaning / intention?

I know I shouldn't speculate, all available evidence right now suggests it's a non issue, but I would have expected a statement by now.

The longer this goes on the worse it looks for Firmino

Why has it not been nipped in the bud yet though?

How long can this take to investigate, they either have footage / recording or they don't.

It's very strange and a little disconcerting, it suggests something less than black and white to me.. maybe something was said,but something not obviously discriminatory and they're now attempting to analyse / judge the meaning / intention?

I know I shouldn't speculate, all available evidence right now suggests it's a non issue, but I would have expected a statement by now.

The longer this goes on the worse it looks for Firmino

Oh you!

I thought I read that they're waiting until Monday to look into it, might be bs though, I read on here as well that Holgate admitted it was just a misunderstanding, that seems like bs though.

We see how small time they are to use heysel on stickers left behind to try and score points

No surprise. Incredibly bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Well that's bull**** clearly!
    We last won the league 27 years and 246 days ago... I know this because I get regular updates from a ManU supporter. There was a website created to celebrate it.

https://sinceliverpoollastwonatrophy.co.uk/league-title/

Every day we get further away from when we last won the league so technically we are further away from winning it until we actually win the fecking thing...

Talisman wrote: »
    We last won the league 27 years and 246 days ago... I know this because I get regular updates from a ManU supporter. There was a website created to celebrate it.

https://sinceliverpoollastwonatrophy.co.uk/league-title/

Every day we get further away from when we last won the league so technically we are further away from winning it until we actually win the fecking thing...

Clearly Rodgers had us within a Gerrard slip from winning it recently too, so we have regressed since then but still are on an upward curve at the minute albeit City have left us a million miles off it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

£50m for Jan Oblak is the latest nonsense...
    https://extra.ie/sport/soccernews/liverpool-world-class-goalkeeper

Please make this happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ricero wrote: »
    Has clyne even done an interview this season talking about his injury ? Do find it a bit strange we havent really heard the club or player talk much at all about his injury.

I think they all could be on drugs in this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement