Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think I've a little more faith in Klopp that "Coutinho's gone, our season is doomed."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Wow, according to that Bascombe article on Keita, Coutinho put up £11.5m of his own cash to bridge the gap in valuation between the two clubs

He really was desperate to go :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think I've a little more faith in Klopp that "Coutinho's gone, our season is doomed."

Exactly, even with the underwhelming replacements linked you have to look beyond what they are now and think of what Klopp can do with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nike probably paid that!

Re Naby Keita I see journos running with "him to Liverpool in January if LFC can swing it" stories but there is no reason why RBL would want to let him go, they've slipped up slightly after a couple of poor results. They have to keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Coutinho basically paid back the money he was paid in wages over the last five years take away the £8.5m the club paid for him.

It looks like the club made a £133.5m profit on him.

x43r0 wrote: »
    Wow, according to that Bascombe article on Keita, Coutinho put up £11.5m of his own cash to bridge the gap in valuation between the two clubs

He really was desperate to go :eek:

I wonder if they’ll push this with future signings.

They are more than a club, a player should consider themselves lucky to play for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was pretty raging about the timing of the sale before reading Klopp's quotes.

He'd be a nightmare to hold onto for the rest of the season. There's nothing small time about selling him now. It is what it is. But we're in a weird place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Maybe we've been resting Sturridge all this time so he can go flat out for the remainder of the season...

A sense of humor is invaluable at times like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Grayditch wrote:
    He'd be a nightmare to hold onto for the rest of the season. There's nothing small time about selling him now. It is what it is. But we're in a weird place.

I dunno. Ricero hates FSG but considering we are not guaranteed a top 4 finish & in the last 16 of the Champions League not buying a replacement before he goes is very short sighted. This whole thing of waiting until the summer is probably going to come back to haunt us as we waited for Van Dijk & paid the requested fee anyway.
    Yes Salah & Mane are there but if one goes down we're in trouble. Losing a player who is now the 2nd most expensive ever takes away from the squad there is no way it can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

While I'm gutted that Coutinhos gone, and pissed that he pushed for this in January, we have more options now then we did when Torres and Suarez left, and with us hopefully becoming tighter and more organised at the back with Van Djik, my hope is that that will negate the any goal shortfall caused by him leaving .

#graspingatallthestraws

If Jason Burt is not just being clever then we have the luxury of wondering which player Klopp is interested in for the summer. If it's not Lemar or Marhez then hopefully it's Nabil Fekir who is pretty awesome as a more direct AM/No 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'm glad he's finally gone,any player who's willing to pay his own money to get out is not wanted at this club,fcuk him we will be fine without him,let's just spend this money wisely and move on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Vicxas wrote: »
    Maybe we've been resting Sturridge all this time so he can go flat out for the remainder of the season...

Flat out to the treatment room....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He paid it to fulfil a dream. He lived and played there before and liked it so much. He wanted his return and to play for Barca.
    I'm sure he will come out and praise Liverpool for making him the player he is, and for letting him express himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Flat out to the treatment room....

Flat out to Southampton...

Still suffering with lead poisoning last i heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This!

If last week, I was told we'd lose one player through a bad injury for the rest of the season, I'd have said not Salah and not Fermino before I'd have said not coutinho. A brilliant player, but IMHO less critical than the other 2, and hopefully with Ox settling and Lallana playing himself into fitness, we have at least some sore of cover for him.

Anyway, he's gone, so fvck him. Let's not be like that sad guy down the pub with the long face crying about his ex, let's move on,put the money to good use, but don't panic buy.

The future is RED!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Been a heck of a few days for the club. Van Dijk signing, beating Everton in the derby, Coutinho going, the Firmino thing, more Clyne rumours.

I don't think we'll sign anyone this January. Leipzip won't let Keita go, and if Lemar is our primary target I can't see Monaco selling either. I don't think we're in for Mahrez at all. Maybe something will come out of the blue like it has in the past, but I think that if Klopp can't get who he wants now he'll wait until the summer rather than look at different players as he has done in the past.

If the Firmino thing goes south, then that could well have a proper destabilising affect on our season, but hopefully it'll be resolved quickly before the weekend anyhow and he'll be free to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

ERG89 wrote: »
    This whole thing of waiting until the summer is probably going to come back to haunt us as we waited for Van Dijk & paid the requested fee anyway.

Have you been hitch hiking through North Korea for the last 6 months or what?
    You know Southampton never placed an asking price on VVd during the summer don't you? How could we end up paying a fee "anyway" when there never was a fee agreed or even asked for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Lads, the word you need to hear...

Is.

Galvanized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wouldn't surprise me if that cash Phil 'paid' was a fine to nike for their **** up with the big reveal,they supposedly paid it for Phil to.push through the move

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Have you been hitch hiking through North Korea for the last 6 months or what? You know Southampton never placed an asking price on VVd during the summer don't you? How could we end up paying a fee "anyway" when there never was a fee agreed or even asked for?

It's what the press were saying was his price last summer, actually 70 million is what it was then. They seemed to be right with Coutinho leaving this month as soon as the new year rolled in.
    Wasn't just us linked with him then. No way of proving or disproving it either.
    I'm sure had Southampton not reported us & the apology not happened we were going to bid for him. We obviously paid the price they asked for too as he is here now or did you miss that?

Wouldn't surprise me if that cash Phil 'paid' was a fine to nike for their **** up with the big reveal,they supposedly paid it for Phil to.push through the move

No chance he won't be conponsated with that cash either by Sponsors or Barca.

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's what the press were saying was his price last summer, actually 70 million is what it was then. They seemed to be right with Coutinho leaving this month as soon as the new year rolled in.
    Wasn't just us linked with him then. No way of proving or disproving it either.
    I'm sure had Southampton not reported us & the apology not happened we were going to bid for him. We obviously paid the price they asked for too as he is here now or did you miss that?

The way I read it sounded like Southampton had requested a fee last summer.

If I'm mistaken I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

If you were the Manager and were given €145 Millio, Were and who would you spend it on ?

Would Madrid take €100m for Asensio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've been drunk this weekend so just catching up on things so wait we don't have a replacement for coutinho sorted? da fuvk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

ricero wrote: »
    waiting for the right player will be even harder if we are out of the champions league next season.

Club should of been well aware of Coutinho's desire to leave in January and should of had their plans already in place. By the looks of things they are scrambling around like headless chickens at the moment and this is evident in trying to bring in Naby Keita early. How embarrassing will it look now if Leipzig say no to this request ?

We are really looking clueless and small time imo.
    Coutinho faked a back injury in the summer and was rumoured to have thrown a hissy fit in the dressing room to try to force through a move. The injury miraculously disappeared so he could play for Brazil. In December he developed 'a thigh injury' and at the same time there were stories of how he had told friends and family he had played his last game for Liverpool. Last week Klopp was asked in a press conference about the coincidence of the injuries and the transfer window being open. He was also asked about the rumours that Coutinho had played his last game for the club. Coutinho or Nike put up the money to make up the difference between what Barcelona were willing to offer and what Liverpool were willing to accept.

Bottom line is he didn't want to play for Liverpool and the club are better off without that kind of circus. Him leaving as he did is a relatively clean break and far better than having him moping about and disrupting the harmony of the squad between now and the end of the season.

Keita wants to play for Liverpool, if Klopp can sign him now then great if not he'll make do without him.

Who honestly cares about how it will look if Leipzig say no?

torrevieja wrote: »
    If you were the Manager and were given €145 Millio, Were and who would you spend it on ?

Klopp isn't a chequebook manager.
    He'll get in some up and coming unknowns for peanuts etc etc etc :pac:

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    .........so wait we don't have a replacement for coutinho sorted? da fuvk

To be fair we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rob316 wrote: »
    I've been drunk this weekend so just catching up on things so wait we don't have a replacement for coutinho sorted? da fuvk

I know shocking stuff. The lfc way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If we class Coutinho as being one of the midfield three klopp tends to play that means we are left with
    Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Lallana, chamberlain, can, Grujic, wilson and markovic hiding somewhere. Correct me if I am wrong but at least six good players for the three positions even though no replacement for Coutinho, Lallana will hopefully play his way back into form. Not ideal but if the right players are not available it's not worth blowing 50+million on a player that won't automatically be in the preferred starting three midfielder s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Paul Joyce reporting the Keita stuff as well as Bascombe

I'm happy the club are at least trying to bring that one forward despite how very unlikely it may be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Would Madrid take €100m for Asensio?

We probably wouldn’t get him on a three month loan for that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Joyce and Bascombe saying we're trying to get Keita in this month. Personally, I can't see how that is remotely likely.

Give Red Bull Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Knex. wrote: »
    Joyce and Bascombe saying we're trying to get Keita in this month. Personally, I can't see how that is remotely likely.

Get the player to kick up stink and make his position untenable. Then get their manager to make a statement that he was a bad egg and he had to go, their fans will gobble it up and all will be right in the world!

sword1 wrote: »
    If we class Coutinho as being one of the midfield three klopp tends to play that means we are left with
    Henderson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Lallana, chamberlain, can, Grujic, wilson and markovic hiding somewhere. Correct me if I am wrong but at least six good players for the three positions even though no replacement for Coutinho, Lallana will hopefully play his way back into form. Not ideal but if the right players are not available it's not worth blowing 50+million on a player that won't automatically be in the preferred starting three midfielder s

Ox and Lallana will be fighting it out for Coutinho's spot. Different players obviously but IMO Klopp is confident he can adapt the structure to be successful with them in the team instead of Coutinho until the player he wants as Coutinho's replacement can be secured.

• Advertisement

Get the player to kick up stink and make his position untenable. Then get their manager to make a statement that he was a bad egg and he had to go, their fans will gobble it up and all will be right in the world!

Just like VVD and Coutinho did and in 6 months time he'll sign for us. Oh hang on .............

Arsenal lost to Forest? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Give Red Bull Sturridge.

Give Sturridge Red Bull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Wenger can't see the wood for the trees now.

mosstin wrote: »
    Give Sturridge Red Bull.

Give him wings and watch how he injures himself.

Red Bull Sturridge.

I tried that once, pure muck. No kick at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Funniest part was the Forest fans singing 'Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that' to the Arsenal crowd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Funniest part was the Forest fans singing 'Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that' to the Arsenal crowd!
    They def won’t be singing it any time soon.
    They had such a good team when they reached the CL final. Looked poised to get stronger and stronger if they spent big on 2 or 3 big players to add to the talent. But Wenger didn’t take the plunge when he should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

anyone take suarez back ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

torrevieja wrote: »

What is the point in discussing something that won't happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

torrevieja wrote:

In a heartbeat

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement