Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:
    Van dijk would be a future lfc captain. Really hope the club pulls of this deal.

Based on his sulking performances this season it's stretching it to suggest that he is captain material. Personally think it's ludicrous if they still want 70 million; even if we are desperate for a top class centre back he's not a sure thing to fit the billing after injuries & a loss of form.
    Coutinho in comparison has put in the effort when he was out on the pitch & did well in the Champions League so I can see why we won't look for anything but top dollar for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Breaking on the wires that VVD still wants to go to us and that we have had a 75m bid accepted.
    https://t.co/bbPfSgQjUf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are the Telegraph reliable?

They've reported that we've agreed 75 mil for VVD:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well some will have eggnog on their faeces if they got this worng.

(telegraph are pretty reliable but I note the deputy wrote the story - presumably the Sheriff is on holiday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I take everything back i ever said about FSG if we actually spend that much on a player

ricero wrote: »
    I take everything back i ever said about FSG if we actually spend that much on a player

QUOT£D! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well holy God. £75m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Don’t care about the price just get it done

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Big price. Needs to hit the ground running, but I think he will. Another part of the jigsaw completed. Being in kieta in January now PLEASE, great bit of business if it all pans out.

FSG cheapskate posters ....... take note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    John Flanagan could be charged with assault every time his face is visible in a public domain, to be fair.

Surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Nothing confirmed yet so I'd be taking all rumours with a pinch assault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Firmly of the opinion that FSG have backed Klopp throughout his time here and taken flak when Klopp himself has decided to hold out until his first preference is available. Bravo FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

way too much but don't care.

Great news & FSG deserve credit for funding the deal if it isn't Coutinho money.

If you overpay and the signing is a hit, then it never matters. If Salah cost 50 we'd not be giving a damn now. Tbh, if he cost 70, we'd not give a damn either.

Hopefully VVD is in that similar mould of Klopp players, along with Keita, and we can really push on in the next 6-18months and become an established force.

Clyne--VVD--Lovren---
    ----Lallana---OxCham
    -Mane--(Lambert)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dunno know how he is worth 15m more than the summer but delighted we are getting him. Hope it's not been funded by sale of Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob316 wrote: »
    Dunno know how he is worth 15m more than the summer but delighted we are getting him. Hope it's not been funded by sale of Coutinho.

Everyone costs more in January. I think it's to much but if that's who Klopp wants then get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,966 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

£75m for VvD means a backline of Gomez-VvD-Matip-Robertson costs about £85m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Everyone costs more in January. I think it's to much but if that's who Klopp wants then get him.

I trust klopps judgement. If he is that vital to us then I'm delighted we went out and got him at all costs

Says he can sometimes switch off but not because he is lazy, but because the game is too easy for him and that he probably needs a defensive partner or a goalkeeper that is vocal to keep him from falling asleep.

Hopefully breen is wrong on those points....Virgil needs to be the vocal one surely.

• Advertisement

Clyne--VVD--Lovren---
    ----Lallana---OxCham
    -Mane--(Lambert)

Surely Matip will partner Virgil?

Augeo wrote: »
    Hopefully breen is wrong on those points....Virgil needs to be the vocal one surely.

They gave him the armband before the summer so I'd imagine he knows how to lead a line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Klopp thinks he's ideal for the gameplan, then let's overpay if we have to. Let Southampton rob us blind.

Don't care.

The fact he's currently sulky means nothing to me. He'll be fine.

Just get the deal done.

Wow.... must be happening so.
    £200K/week reported in some articles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well it's a lot of money for a centre-half needless to say but Klopp has spent about 20M on the defence since he arrived at the club. Investment is badly needed in that area. Goalkeeper to follow in the Summer hopefully.

Nobody will care about price of VVD if he performs like the Southampton defender he was before the start of this season.

Chamberlain turned down Chelsea.

Van Dijk chose us over numerous clubs City,Chelsea etc.

With VVD we are not too far away from challenging for a title next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Looks like it's done so, if that's who Klopp wants then i'll get behind him 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,400 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think Harry is listing all our Southampton players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Saw a few so called twitter Itk's hinting that goretzka is also to sign for the club. That would be amazing if true.

• Advertisement

I was just doing a Soton related head count :)

MD1990 wrote: »
    Chamberlain turned down Chelsea.

Van Dijk chose us over numerous clubs City,Chelsea etc.

With VVD we are not too far away from challenging for a title next season.

I think we are the only club to pony up the money S'ton wanted though, to be fair and factual :)

Saw a few so called twitter Itk's hinting that goretzka is also to sign for the club. That would be amazing if true.

Ah now! I can't take this amount of happiness. Someone PM GBear and I'll get the chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Seen his name bandied about here and there for a while now, i know nothing of him, any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

75M......wow.....Its mental money no matter what way you look at it but we need a quality CB......Obviously Klopp rates him hugely so I'm happy enough but some money all the same.

DSEknmxWkAE13Tz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Confirmed by club! Deal done.

He'll be wearing number 4, following in the footsteps of the great Kolo Toure and the short-lived Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Well done. Thought this would drag out and believed he would choose city over us.
    If pep also wanted him and Klopp was prepared to pay 75m this guy must be the real deal. Klopp hasn't been wrong in his signings.

He'll be wearing number 4, following in the footsteps of the great Kolo Toure and the short-lived Nuri Sahin

So

EjYczD8P_400x400.jpeg

then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Well done. Thought this would drag out and believed he would choose city over us.
    If pep also wanted him and Klopp was prepared to pay 75m this guy must be the real deal. Klopp hasn't been wrong in his signings.
    He was never going to choose us. He had his heart set on Liverpool. I wish him well (after the middle of january, obviously!). It's a lot of money though, and there'll be serious pressure on him to perform from day one.

Ox turns down Chelsea.
    VVD reportedly turning down City.

Klopp is a draw. It's a simple fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Over the moon.

DSElkMtXcAEM83X.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ox turns down Chelsea.
    VVD reportedly turning down City.

Klopp is a draw. It's a simple fact.

Didn't ox turn down Chelsea cause he was told he wouldn't be used as a centre mid? From what we hear Liverpool paid more then city would too. Klopp is most certainly a draw but not sure this is a great example of that

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Very happy with the signing and the fact it's done so early in the window, just hope he can handle the scrutiny and pressure the fee and playing for Liverpool will bring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Negative_G wrote: »
    Ricero right now...

Where is he???

Didn't ox turn down Chelsea cause he was told he wouldn't be used as a centre mid? From what we hear Liverpool paid more then city would too. Klopp is most certainly a draw but not sure this is a great example of that

He goes to a better team at Chelsea, with probably the same game time, with more chance of trophies.

He never seemed to entertain City, regardless of what we were willing to pay.

I might be being hyperbolic tbh, but I'm delighted, and previous managers wouldn't have convinced Ox, VVD or Keita to come IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very happy with the signing and the fact it's done so early in the window, just hope he can handle the scrutiny and pressure the fee and playing for Liverpool will bring.

With that fee every small error will be magnified in the media and social media world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Ricero...

• Advertisement

Over the moon.

DSElkMtXcAEM83X.jpg:large

A lovely front room to be fair.

The fee isn't out if the way looking at what city paid for Stones... and even what rio cost 10+ years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement