Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Knex. wrote: »
    Won't he just choose Man City regardless? I can't see him being the type who wants to spend time at this stage of his career buying into Klopp's long term plan tbh.

Exactly. He is a player with short term ambitions rather than trying to build a legacy. We need players that want to fight for a future rather than a pay cheque

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

**** him, wasn't interested in 2014, Liverpool can return the thought by not being interested now.

He chose Arsenal a few years back which was fair enough. Why would there be any hard feelings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Knex. wrote: »
    Won't he just choose Man City regardless? I can't see him being the type who wants to spend time at this stage of his career buying into Klopp's long term plan tbh.

ah get out of here with your logical response. This is the Liverpool thread.

Mr.H wrote: »

If Firmino said something wrong he deserves to be punished but right now there is no proof in the public realm. Therefore it is wrong to judge him even by saying you wouldnt be surprised.

I was asked a question I answered it.
    I didn't judge anyone.

We might never know what was said.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm still convinced that's a genius meme from United fan or something.

Tbf, that sort of thing is par for the course on RAWK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Tbf, that sort of thing is par for the course on RAWK

RAWK is where sane Liverpool fans go to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    RAWK is where sane Liverpool fans go to die.

Oxymoron.

I see Coutinho saying Suarez was writing to him, convincing him to go to Barca. I don't see how that's anything other than an admission to tapping up?

Granted everyone does it, but most are smart enough not to publicise it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I see Coutinho saying Suarez was writing to him, convincing him to go to Barca. I don't see how that's anything other than an admission to tapping up?

Granted everyone does it, but most are smart enough not to publicise it
    Suarez even has a house in his neighbourhood reserved for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I imagine some Liverpool fans will stop celebrating Suarez's success at Barca now.

It was a bit embarrassing seeing some of it on social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just waiting for Coutinho to start publicly tapping up Fun Bobby now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

No difference to Rodgers asking Gerrard to text players, just in this case Suarez and Coutinho are actually friend's so probably openly text and talk to each other. Not like Gerrard texting Kroos out of the blue.

I'd say it happens a lot, manager wants a player, a player on the team knows them. Hey 'x' talk to 'y' and see if he has any interest in coming here.

MD1990 wrote: »
    I imagine some Liverpool fans will stop celebrating Suarez's success at Barca now.

Get over it. That kinda stuff has happened since time began. Blackburn fans celebrated Shearers success (subjective) at Newcastle. United fans still talk about Ronaldo as their own.

Liverpool fans will always speak fondly of Suarez.

Dont like it? Ignore it. Its your issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

MD1990 wrote: »
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

Loved watching him play. He gave everything on the pitch....Bit a few.....But I know I wouldn't hold any grudges.

Social media for "celebrity's" is nonsense anyway with everyone trying to please a few and not offend the masses. Sound bites to earn extra cash.

Fromvert wrote: »
    No difference to Rodgers asking Gerrard to text players, just in this case Suarez and Coutinho are actually friend's so probably openly text and talk to each other. Not like Gerrard texting Kroos out of the blue.

I'd say it happens a lot, manager wants a player, a player on the team knows them. Hey 'x' talk to 'y' and see if he has any interest in coming here.

Exactly. I remember Suarez was openly asking Cavani to come here at one point. Didnt see people getting high horsey about that. Nor when Alonso and Reina where forcing a barca jersey on Cesc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Get over it. That kinda stuff has happened since time began. Blackburn fans celebrated Shearers success (subjective) at Newcastle. United fans still talk about Ronaldo as their own.

Liverpool fans will always speak fondly of Suarez.

Dont like it? Ignore it. Its your issue
    I have nothing to get over just an observation.

You seem more annoyed than me tbh.

I am a bit annoyed Coutinho wouldn't stay until the end of the season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Apparently Hoginstein reckons another go for Pulisic could be on the cards during the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Augeo wrote: »
    Lol
    A short while ago this place was full of crap about how klopp won't spend big..... does it his way etc etc.

Utter horse****.

Spotting that doesn't make you a lesser fan of LFC.

Just saying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

He is a player with short term ambitions rather than trying to build a legacy.

Do players really give a fcuk about "building a legacy"? What does that even mean in todays football world where players and managers are contracted to numerous teams throughout their career?

The only "legacy" candidates which immediately spring to mind from the last 35 years or so that I can remember are the likes of Setvie G, Carra, Le Tissier, Giggs (despite sh@gging his brothers wife etc), John Terry (similar), Lampard & Scholes. I'm sure there are others but of the thousands of players from the top league over those years they are the only obvious ones to me anyway.

And also, Gary Mac arrived at Liverpool quite late in his career (much older than Sanchez currently is) and therefore could only have had short term ambitions but by jay$u$ did he make an impact and Aldo was older than Sanchez is now hen he joined for two years scoring 63 goals in all competitions!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/950435137745051649
    Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim in today's press conference: "We do not typically sell players in the winter transfer window. But the month is long and many things could happen."

Well that's certainly a change in tone.

Grayditch wrote: »

Way too much credit.

Some i know wouldn't know all they people in that photo!

3cb68e606849c196aa7f6f075e9f3beaec51ff2a62eae36677196313e0afe90a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Apparently Hoginstein reckons another go for Pulisic could be on the cards during the summer.

With our owners I would think that it's not far off the mark....

They would only love to sell more jerseys to our US buddies and an American playing for us can only be a good thing in their eyes IMO...

Fieldog wrote: »

They would only love to sell more jerseys to our US buddies and an American playing for us can only be a good thing in their eyes IMO...

Nah that can't be it, America decided they didn't actually like football anyway when they missed out on Russia 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, that's why they sanctioned the signing of Clint Dempsey.:rolleyes:

Do you realise how little attention "soccer" gets in the US?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, that's why they sanctioned the signing of Clint Dempsey.:rolleyes:

Do you realise how little attention "soccer" gets in the US?

Yes but "soccer" is on the up over there, and has been for years, obviously it won't be replacing the Super bowl or anything but it's popularity has been getting slightly bigger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's a "he's available if the price is right"

Ox unfollowed Phil on Instagram...

Definitely wants the armband... :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/anfieldfocus_/status/950410951123259392

LoL

VVD for captain

Ox for Vice Captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes but "soccer" is on the up over there, and has been for years, obviously it won't be replacing the Super bowl or anything but it's popularity has been getting slightly bigger...

It may be on the up but mostly through MLS I don't think many are paying attention to Liverpool transfers.
    Either way I still don't think a player should be signed because of his nationality in order to sell jerseys.

Should be purely about football ability and benefits to the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ox unfollowed Phil on Instagram...

Definitely wants the armband... :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/anfieldfocus_/status/950410951123259392

LoL

Could be a future captain of the club, honestly think it's time to take it off Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Obviously you want a player who’s about more than selling jerseys, stupid haircuts and emojis. Talent and marketability aren’t mutually exclusive and if we’ve interest in Pulusic it’s because Klopp rates him, him being America’s current golden boy is a nice bonus.

Could be a future captain of the club, honestly think it's time to take it off Henderson.

Neither you or me know how Henderson tries to motivate the dressing room, from what we see on TV/Interviews he does seem slightly soft, if it was me I would give it to James Milner as he has won a title, then again, I'm not Klopp... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Are people on the wind up with this ox for captain stuff. He shouldn't be in our strongest eleven.

Home to West Brom in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Liverpool v West Brom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Liverpool at home against West brom

We drew West Brom and we're at home, basically perfect to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Home to West Brom in the next round of FA Cup.

They'll be far more focused with fighting relegation than going for a cup run.

• Advertisement

United get Yeovil lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Surprised no one has mentioned it - Liverpool drew West brom at home in the next round of the FA Cup.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Surprised no one has mentioned it - Liverpool drew West brom at home in the next round of the FA Cup.

No way, you're the first person to mention it.....

Pretty uninteresting draw. All the big sides avoid each other.

Southampton v Watford is the closest thing to a big Premier League clash. Chelsea v Newcastle too is likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Liverpool Vs West Brom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Time is the cup draw anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Neither you or me know how Henderson tries to motivate the dressing room, from what we see on TV/Interviews he does seem slightly soft, if it was me I would give it to James Milner as he has won a title, then again, I'm not Klopp... :)

Something says to me he is the safe option as captain , i mean that by him being nice and well as you put it soft. The team does need a leader and I'm not convinced Henderson is the man. That and a team should miss its captain. Doesn't feel like that with Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

United get Yeovil lol.

I prefer West Brom at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suarez scores....against West Brom!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Fancy VD for captain next season myself but it has to wait til then. Cant really have him walking in one week and captain the next.
    But all going well, yep I'd have high hopes for him getting the role for next season.
    Agree with others that Henderson not ideal for it, but prob vice captain next season.
    Again, bit harsh to demote him from captain to not even vice captain too quickly.

Definitely like the way Ox handles interviews and says/does all the right things but for now he's looking at trying to just be a regular starter nevermind captain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement