Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Y'know, it's such a shame he couldn't sign off with one more game against City. It's the fixture I think of when I think of him. His epic pivotal goals in 2014, 2015, and 2016, and then his incredible link up play with Firmino in dismantling them in the years after that.

I don't think I'll ever forget this moment in 2014 when we were chasing after the title, in the biggest match of the season, or actually probably decade so far, after allowing them back into the game at 2-2. (please excuse the overdubbed andy gray)

And 2015

And 2016

Special. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr.H wrote: »
    Coutinho can f@@k right off. He more a less went on strike. Injury or not he forced his way out and talked to Barca behind our backs. They made us look like right mugs.

If you're to follow that principal then VVD should not be in our team either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Didn't Keita do something similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Coutinho VVD can f@@k right off. He more a less went on strike. Injury or not he forced his way out and talked to Barca Liverpool behind our Southampton's backs. They We made usthem look like right mugs.

Can't believe we'd employ a player who behaved so atrociously. Imagine a players agent actually talking to another club to sound out what type of deal they'd be prepared to offer his client, the nerve of it. What do they think they are doing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    While it was very clear from the summer he was leaving, his performances weren't compromised. In fact he was playing at a consistent high level this season.

He didn't sulk on the pitch which is all that matters tbh.

Yeah. I've pretty much zero ill will towards him tbh.

I wish him well.

Knex. wrote: »
    Coutinho with a solid goodbye message, to be fair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdtIUUxhPQE/?taken-by=phil.coutinho

Now, we know he can barely speak a fecking word of English, so it's anyone's guess who actually wrote it :pac:
    Talisman wrote: »
    Kia Joorabchian probably outsourced it to some sap on fiverr or one of the market places that will write a student's essay for a paltry sum.

Seriously lads this just comes across as bitter.

Do you think every agent involved in a transfer out of the club is just a crook?

Do you also not think that Coutinho would have people around him who can translate his thoughts into good English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

murpho999 wrote: »

Do you think every agent is just a crook?

Yes, I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Coutinho with a solid goodbye message, to be fair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdtIUUxhPQE/?taken-by=phil.coutinho

Now, we know he can barely speak a fecking word of English, so it's anyone's guess who actually wrote it :pac:

I never blamed Coutiniho for wanting to leave. It's completely understandable. Players want to win things and Liverpool haven't been winning trophies. But the decision to sell him halfway through the season will come back to haunt us. There will be tough games that will end in a draw rather than a win as he isn't here to pop up with a vital goal or assist. We will drop points.

We should have either sold him last summer and replaced him. Or insisted on keeping him until next summer. I don't know why we couldn't have made a Keita style deal with him joining in June? It's a World Cup year - there's no way he was going to sulk all the way to the summer. He can't even play in the Champions League for Barcelona. It was in Coutinho and Barca's interest to sell now, but not Liverpool's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I just can't get my head around selling him in January with no back up ,
    Jurgen has said time and time again January is terrible for signing players due to clubs not letting top players go then why sell ours , He had what 3 year left on his contract surely it made sense for everyone to wait till the summer , he'd have been worth more after the world cup its madness , Where we bullied by Barca ?
    If we don't get top four who ever made the choice to sell should be sacked,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Coutinho is gone.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ_XZRHrDn13Ofw9WvS8asWgGoXUf3e57Clm7eMVxwByA11Fly

The weekend is more important, Spurs could easily smash Everton for 4 and we have City.

Is Salah still injured?

I hope we go
               Simon
    Gomez  Lovern Virgil  Robertson
                  Can
         Ox               Gini
    Salah      Bobby       MAne

Call me crazy but I think Lovern is better suited to deal with the pace of City than Matip/ Ragnar ,
    I also think Lallana is still rusty and so id throw Gini in he tends to play very well aginst the big teams at home ,
     I think the trick v City is to have a midfield with legs ,Henderson will be a big miss (I know people hate him)  because of this and at the moment you don't know what Can will turn up ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fun Bobby's head isn't going to be in the right place for the City not sure he will start myself with the longer the FA take to sort what happened.

Mignolet

Gomez---VVD----Lovren
    Robertson

Can
    Wijnaldum----

---Mane
    Ox
    Salah----

Solanke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Fun Bobby's head isn't going to be in the right place for the City not sure he will start myself with the longer the FA take to sort what happened.

Mignolet

Gomez---VVD----Lovren
    Robertson

Can
    Wijnaldum----

---Mane
    Ox
    Salah----

Solanke

Solanke is ****e mate.

Mignolet

Gomez---VVD----Lovren
    Robertson

Can
    Wijnaldum----

---Mane
    Ox
    Salah----

Solanke

Solanke is ****e mate.
    No way Solanke starts ,If he does then we serious need to buy some attacking players,
    Bobby will be fine he knows he did nothing wrong i'm sure the Fa will have it sorted by tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Anyone reckon solanke isn't scoring to bring down that fee from the tribunal?

That's a mad conspiracy we haven't discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Anyone reckon solanke isn't scoring to bring down that fee from the tribunal?

That's a mad conspiracy we haven't discussed.

100% this.

It's the only logical explanation.

100% this.

That or he is ****e.

100% this.

That or he is ****e.
    He needs a loan , he has so much potential, he seems to be trying to hard in the minutes he gets ,
    I feel a loan would give him the confidence to come back in and show how good he is

Solanke is ****e mate.

Sure we can start Ings then :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Can't believe we'd employ a player who behaved so atrociously. Imagine a players agent actually talking to another club to sound out what type of deal they'd be prepared to offer his client, the nerve of it. What do they think they are doing???

I'm not hiding the double standards in my post. Me thinking Phil can f@@k right off is a personal opinion that is based on him forcing his way out of Liverpool and talking behind Liverpool's back. Much the same as people feel the same about masherano.

This isn't about some high horse ideal were we shouldn't touch players who would talk to clubs when they shouldn't. It's personal. Phil screwed with Liverpool so I have lost respect for the weasel.

Yes he did play really well for us. But he would. He wanted to show barca how good he was. He sulked in the dressing room and just so happened to be injured in both transfer windows.

I don't believe he is injured now. He has what a thigh injury? Yet was doing keep ups and other kick about stuff yesterday? Doesn't add up. Barca are giving him a couple of weeks off and allowing his injury narrative to play out so he doesn't look bad.

No difference with what Phil did and when masherano refused to play.

I don't care about the morals of talking behind a clubs back. I do care about disrespecting Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Captain Darling: So you see, Blackadder, Field Marshall Haig is most anxious to eliminate all these German spies.
    General Melchett: Filthy hun weasels, fighting their dirty underhand war!
    Captain Darling: And fortunately, one of our spies...
    General Melchett: Splendid fellows, brave heroes risking life and limb for Blighty!

I've been ignoring the whole city streak all season. Mostly because I just expected it to fizzle out and see them lose some low key game. But now we have a situation where their streak is still going and we are next up.

It would be nice to get a bit of revenge for earlier in the season. We would also be taking outpost coutinho frustration out on hem as well.

We can beat City and aside from this season we have a great record against the top sides. Surely be fixing our defence we have a better chance now?

I hope to see Gomez Matip vvd and Robertson at the back. I think giving them a run of games on front of migs will probably settle our defence. There of course will teething issues but I have confidence that vvd can coach them into a half decent defence that make less mistakes.

Midfield is midfield. Phil played most of is games up front it's been pointed out. Our midfield is good and solid. Not cry good at protecting the defence but god at holding he ball and getting forward.

Up front Salah and firmino are still lethal. Salah has been pause best player this season. Mane was our best plate last season. If we can get Mane back firing I believe we won't need to to directly replace Phil. Firmino is having a great season and if he gets good news this week he'll be in great form.

The game against City earlier in the season was a disaster. We looked good until the sending off. So if we can avoid mistakes at the back I feel we can beat them and end their streak. Let's keep our own streak going.

He needs a loan , he has so much potential, he seems to be trying to hard in the minutes he gets ,
    I feel a loan would give him the confidence to come back in and show how good he is

You could be right. A loan may do him good. I also think he is having difficulty adjusting to our style of play and as you said, he does seem to working hard.

He could just be ****e though.

Sure we can start Ings then :eek:

****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

City have the league wrapped up and therefore all other teams now can just go for it in games - a bit like Chelsea and Arsenal the other night - both know that 1 point is not good enough anymore so why not go for 3. Was such an open game of football, not what you'd expect from Chelsea. We play City and have nothing to lose. Sit back and they'll run over us - of course we never sit back eh - so i fully expect a really good game of ball.

Go for the 3, nothing to lose.

To be fair I'm not hat confident that I think vvd has fixed our issues enough that we can now sit back and defend.

Thankfully klopp only wants to attack attack attack. We have more going forward than City and their defence is probably more in tatters than ours. Their midfield is the difference between the sides. Much better passing and creating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I would imagine City is considering this one of, if not the hardest game of the PL season for them.

I hope the crowd are really up for this and we get after them from the off,

I'm not hiding the double standards in my post. Me thinking Phil can f@@k right off is a personal opinion that is based on him forcing his way out of Liverpool and talking behind Liverpool's back. Much the same as people feel the same about masherano.

This isn't about some high horse ideal were we shouldn't touch players who would talk to clubs when they shouldn't. It's personal. Phil screwed with Liverpool so I have lost respect for the weasel.

Yes he did play really well for us. But he would. He wanted to show barca how good he was. He sulked in the dressing room and just so happened to be injured in both transfer windows.

I don't believe he is injured now. He has what a thigh injury? Yet was doing keep ups and other kick about stuff yesterday? Doesn't add up. Barca are giving him a couple of weeks off and allowing his injury narrative to play out so he doesn't look bad.

No difference with what Phil did and when masherano refused to play.

I don't care about the morals of talking behind a clubs back. I do care about disrespecting Liverpool.

Every single transfer nowadays is based on the players talking behind their clubs' backs.
    It's the way it is.

Of course he is injured now. Barcelona could not give a single sh1te about how Liverpool fans feel about him nor if Coutinho wants to save face.

There's a huge difference to being able to have a kick-about to playing a full paced competitive 90 minutes.

How do you know he was sulking in the dressing room? Did you see what Oxlade Chamberlain said about him

I don't see how he has insulted the club who are today over £100m richer than last week.

I think you're simply overthinking everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Grayditch wrote: »
    I would imagine City is considering this one of, if not the hardest game of the PL season for them.

We have a good recent record against them, they'll know it will be tough, but to be fair they will feel they have nothing to fear.

I'm sure they'll be looking forward to playing a team that plays their own game and takes a game to them rather than just attempting to negate them.

Will be great to see this type of game at Anfield too.

I would expect a great game, even if it only finishes 1-1 or something it should still be a high quality and absorbing encounter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Morzadec wrote: »
    We have a good recent record against them, they'll know it will be tough, but to be fair they will feel they have nothing to fear.

I'm sure they'll be looking forward to playing a team that plays their own game and takes a game to them rather than just attempting to negate them.

Will be great to see this type of game at Anfield too.

I would expect a great game, even if it only finishes 1-1 or something it should still be a high quality and absorbing encounter.

As long as there is no red cards to spoil it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ricero wrote: »

Really? I mean the headline alone made me roll my eyes as just being sensationalist nonsense.

Our transfer business has Klopp stamped 100% all over it. Its completely all his doing.

Not too long ago he was saying how he didn't want to spend massive money, and last week after spending £75m on a defender he noted how the transfer market has changed and he felt the need to do so. We also know that he had final say on whether or not Coutinho was allowed to leave this window.

And whom from our rivals is Klopp going to join? Know anything about the man and you know it's just total bullshit.

It's just really a premise that has no basis whatsoever. And from fucking Christian Purslow too, of all people.

You're allowing your fear of the club being caught with its pants down to overrule your own logic, ricero. There's nothing valid raised here at all.

So Chelsea director say Klopp could quit for Chelsea or utd very valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

And from fucking Christian Purslow too, of all people.

This.

He just got his man for 75m I think we're good on the meeting his ambition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That is fúcking nonsense of the highest order.

I'm actually angry that anyone would believe it. it's the random musings and conclusions of a bullshít artist. Pay no heed whatsoever.

If you think for a moment that Klopp had anything but 100% say on who is coming in and out of the club then you know sweet fúck all about how the club is operating, so you shouldn't be given a platform that has any fúcking authority.

Utter bullshít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Meh I would pay no heed to what Purslow says.. he always reads as if he has a huge chip on his shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Coutinho can f@@k right off. He more a less went on strike. Injury or not he forced his way out and talked to Barca behind our backs. They made us look like right mugs.

It's a different culture and system at Barca. You have the club President and players interacting and making plans to tempt others players. Suarez played his part.
    You would not see John Henry and Firmino having meetings together to lure another player to Liverpool.
    It's not tapping up, Suarez has every right to talk to Coutinho and to tell him it's great at Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It wasn't tapping up.

I've said it before. Barcelona and Real Madrid are a drug to these South Americans.

All Suarez did was tell him that the heroine is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

City have the league wrapped up and therefore all other teams now can just go for it in games - a bit like Chelsea and Arsenal the other night - both know that 1 point is not good enough anymore so why not go for 3. Was such an open game of football, not what you'd expect from Chelsea. We play City and have nothing to lose. Sit back and they'll run over us - of course we never sit back eh - so i fully expect a really good game of ball.

A loss for City followed by a draw would tighten things up if Chelsea win their two games. If City falter and teams behind win it then becomes a race, especially when City need to face Chelsea and United.
    All if's and buts , but it all starts with us beating them as usual at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

murpho999 wrote: »
    Every single transfer nowadays is based on the players talking behind their clubs' backs.
    It's the way it is.

Of course he is injured now. Barcelona could not give a single sh1te about how Liverpool fans feel about him nor if Coutinho wants to save face.

There's a huge difference to being able to have a kick-about to playing a full paced competitive 90 minutes.

How do you know he was sulking in the dressing room? Did you see what Oxlade Chamberlain said about him

I don't see how he has insulted the club who are today over £100m richer than last week.

I think you're simply overthinking everything.

He said himself and Klopp said that he made all of his Liverpool team mates aware that he was leaving and that was final. To me that sounds like sulking.

I probably am overthinking this but I can not see how anyone can think of this as a mutual separation.

Then there are people who are moaning about Liverpool approving the transfer at this stage of the season. FFS he forced the move. I said it before and Ill say it again. Phil is no victim

MD1990 wrote: »
    Thank god Purslow is no longer involved with Liverpool.

To be fair he did say he would want us to buy Verrati............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A loss for City followed by a draw would tighten things up if Chelsea win their two games. If City falter and teams behind win it then becomes a race, especially when City need to face Chelsea and United.
    All if's and buts , but it all starts with us beating them as usual at Anfield.

Forget about City, dude. We should be hoping Chelsea lose their next 2. City are long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I know he has had some God awful games for us,but considering the options,id play dejan with vvd as first choice cb pairing,at least until the end of the season.

Matip has not impressed this season whatsover,is slow as fcuk too,as well as weak in the air.

Vvd could save dejan,if not..well upgrade on them in the summer,or on one and ship one off, neither are good enough right now to be main men.

Summer will be exciting for us I feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I know he has had some God awful games for us,but considering the options,id play dejan with vvd as first choice cb pairing,at least until the end of the season.

Matip has not impressed this season whatsover,is slow as fcuk too,as well as weak in the air.

Vvd could save dejan,if not..well upgrade on them in the summer,or on one and ship one off, neither are good enough right now to be main men.

Summer will be exciting for us I feel.

... if we make top 4. IF we don't it could be depressing.

Regarding who partners VVD? Whoever reacts more positively to being yelled at!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

lb4vf8c5z0901.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

he two Manchester clubs and champions Chelsea have all spent big on player recruitment in recent times, so much so that there is now a divide between that trio and Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, according to Purslow.

"It is not a Big Six - it is a three and a three. It feels to me like City, United and Chelsea are breaking away from Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham for pure economic reasons," Purslow told The Debate.

Economicaly, it's been like that for a while.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Economicaly, it's been like that for a while.

For a decade

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement