Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Top 10 TV Shows Of 2017, According To Everyone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Three of those listed would make my top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'd have Game of Thrones and Blue Planet on that list

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

OP, presumably you have your own thoughts on this?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Digg still exists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Taboo - mad, mad, hugely enjoyably mad.

Fargo - as infuriating as it can be in certain aspects it's never anything less than absorbing and sometimes thrilling while it's on

Line of Fire - Not quite as good as previous series but still good enough for my top 10

Upstart Crow - this seems to divide viewers and critics but even as someone who is only vaguely knowledgeable about the Bards works I delight in the conceits of this comedy.

Channel Zero:No End House - weirdly effective, bleak existential drama

Back - Everyone in this is a coward or a sh1t - Uncle Geoff 'going large' on the fake dog-knapper was one of the great moments of the year.

OJ Made In America - brilliant and pretty devastating indictment of both OJ and America.

Decline and Fall - Evelyn Waugh's inter-war novel brought to life really well and far better than could have been expected given it stars Jack Whitehall who was a revelation as the decent foppish Paul Pennyfeather

Rellik - Another barking mad style over substance drama with it's backward flowing narrative but on it's own theatrical terms it worked.

Inside No 9 - Diddle Diddle Dumpling one of the best half hours of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I'll go..

01. The Leftovers
    02. Godless
    03. Master of None
    04. The Handmaid's Tale
    05. The Deuce
    06. Mindhunter
    07. Stranger Things
    08. Dark
    09. Line of Duty
    10. Mr. Robot

I love Game of Thrones but it was a pretty meh season with only two real standout episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Digg still exists?

Why wouldn't it? I try and read it everyday, that and hackernews.

https://news.ycombinator.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I've probably forgotten something, and there's a load of great stuff I just haven't gotten around to yet, but these would be my Top 10, as it stands...

1. Stranger Things
    2. The Good Place
    3. Nathan For You
    4. The Handmaid's Tale
    5. GLOW
    6. The Mick
    7. The 100
    8. Game Of Thrones
    9. Jane The Virgin
    10. Rick & Morty

Honorable Mentions: American Vandal, Silicon Valley, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Advertisement