Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions Club/WLRFM.

Options
  • 26-12-2017 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Just going through some back copies of the local papers where I saw
    The Lions Club had their auction in The Woodlands Hotel and not on
    the local radio station. I was a little surprised to see that as it had been
    a regular feature since the days of pirate radio and I'm curious as to the
    reasons behind it if anyone can shed some light on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

it was broadcasted live on facebook, I thought it was live on WLR and just a broadcasted from a different venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

it was broadcasted live on facebook, I thought it was live on WLR and just a broadcasted from a different venue.

Well maybe I missed their name on the advert on the paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I heard a bit of an auction on WLR, but I think it was for another charity (SVdP?). Maybe WLR just decided to spread it around a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

noby wrote: »
    I heard a bit of an auction on WLR, but I think it was for another charity (SVdP?). Maybe WLR just decided to spread it around a bit?

I think that there may be a lot more to it then just that!
    You just don't walk away from a function that you've been performing for over thirty years.
    Something smells here!

Advertisement