Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

izettle card reader

Options
  • 26-12-2017 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭

wondering if anyone here uses this card reader, I bought one but now i think it cant be used in Ireland? i was under the impression previously that it could be used anywhere around the world. it keeps saying invalid post code when I am trying to set up an account.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Still not available I'm pretty sure. I have one and it's pretty handy to have as a back up or for taking payments out and about at shows. Expensive to have as your main unit though if you process a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭pgj2015

jimmii wrote: »
    Still not available I'm pretty sure. I have one and it's pretty handy to have as a back up or for taking payments out and about at shows. Expensive to have as your main unit though if you process a lot.

how do you use it if they are not based in ireland?

i bought it from amazon.uk, i still have until the end of this month to send it back, i wonder should i send it back and get a sum up reader instead?

it will not be used much by me, just in emergencies when customers have no cash.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    how do you use it if they are not based in ireland?

i bought it from amazon.uk, i still have until the end of this month to send it back, i wonder should i send it back and get a sum up reader instead?

Sorry yeah meant to mention being UK based now!

I used SumUp in Ireland and that works fine. The seller really should have let you know it wouldn't work in Ireland but guess it's not really their responsibility to tell people things like that.

it will not be used much by me, just in emergencies when customers have no cash.

Are you going to hide it until people say they don't have cash? What's likely to happen is as soon as you can take card payments that will be peoples preferred method so it may end up being more than you expected going through. It's a good way to trial it though given how cheap these things are.

• Advertisement

Sorry yeah meant to mention being UK based now!

I used SumUp in Ireland and that works fine. The seller really should have let you know it wouldn't work in Ireland but guess it's not really their responsibility to tell people things like that.

I had asked on amazon if it could be used in Ireland and someone responded that it could be used anywhere around the world. will send it back.

Are you going to hide it until people say they don't have cash? What's likely to happen is as soon as you can take card payments that will be peoples preferred method so it may end up being more than you expected going through. It's a good way to trial it though given how cheap these things are.

yes will not let on i have it until i need it because someone has no cash, most of my customers that will need it, will be one off customers.

I had asked on amazon if it could be used in Ireland and someone responded that it could be used anywhere around the world. will send it back.

That's weird as izettle make it clear it can only be used while in the UK on their website so it's not like even if you are registered you can take it away with you.

That's weird as izettle make it clear it can only be used while in the UK on their website so it's not like even if you are registered you can take it away with you.

it might have been just an amazon user that told me that not izettle

Advertisement