Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Christmas sales!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Omackeral wrote: »
    I feel bad for the staff in these shops that are made to come in mad early. Must wreck their Christmas night knowing they've to be in at 5 or 6am the next morning. I find it very grubby from both operators of the businesses and the customers queuing for a few euro off a toaster or something.

Where's this toaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Absolute scum. I had to get a taxi to work yesterday with there being no public transport early on.

And you had to pay for it yourself, I take it. Taxi’s also charge a special rate on Stephens Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Berserker wrote: »
    Might be someone who is not supposed to have money to spend. Would love to know if the first lady spent the €1K after all.

Did she get her "Pacific" shoes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Absolute scum. I had to get a taxi to work yesterday with there being no public transport early on.

One thing that I noticed yesterday was that it was a higher than normal percentage of non-Irish shpppers. Fair enough if Christmas means nothing to them but the rest of us shouldn't be punished because of it.

Your threshold for scum is fairly low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

One thing that I noticed yesterday was that it was a higher than normal percentage of non-Irish shpppers. Fair enough if Christmas means nothing to them but the rest of us shouldn't be punished because of it.

stephen's day sales are around for a lot longer than the vast hordes of non nationals you noticed. If you've got a problem with your work opening then blame your boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dude in the shorts at the start of that BT video :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sales like this have been around since I was knee high ffs. It has nothing to do with non-Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Companies should really be paying for taxis for all staff working St. Stephen's Day, both directions. People shouldn't be required to work on it at all for non-essential services.

It's sad that many would rather queue for a few quid off some shoes than switch off for a few days, allowing others to also. All here have worked hard all year, and are gathered from across the country to catch-up, celebrate, reflect and watch the films and sports over a few beers. People who would rather wait outside a shop for it to open on SSD must be truly joyless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Sales like this have been around since I was knee high ffs. It has nothing to do with non-Irish.

Actually, this time we can probably blame the Brits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

thee glitz wrote: »
    Companies should really be paying for taxis for all staff working St. Stephen's Day, both directions. People shouldn't be required to work on it at all for non-essential services.

It's sad that many would rather queue for a few quid off some shoes than switch off for a few days, allowing others to also. All here have worked hard all year, and are gathered from across the country to catch-up, celebrate, reflect and watch the films and sports over a few beers. People who would rather wait outside a shop for it to open on SSD must be truly joyless.

Literary stealing the joy from everyone else too by creating a demand for shops to open and staff to work

Advertisement