Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post tracking?

Options
  • 26-12-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Does anyne know if you send a packet size parcel overseas and you fill in the little green sticker if this has a teacking number associated with it, even if you don't pay for tracking?

I sent something to Australia at the start of Dec before the date for christmas delivery and it hadn't arrived. Australia post are saying that there is a tracking number associated with this sticker and that it will be on my receipt. I don't have the receip anyway so its a moot point really as i can't give them what they are looking for, but i thought you had to pay for tracking, that it wasn't automatically included.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

What little green sticker?

If you got it tracked they put a tracking label on package and they give you a receipt with the tracking number on it.
    If this wasn't the way it was done it won't be scanned by an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

When you say "fill in a little green sticker" do you mean the customs declaration? If you filled in a sticker describing the contents of the package, then it probably wasn't given a tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

gerard2210 wrote: »
    When you say "fill in a little green sticker" do you mean the customs declaration? If you filled in a sticker describing the contents of the package, then it probably wasn't given a tracking number.

Yes, it was customs declaration form where you put the contents, the value and your address.

Thats what i thought, that you don’t get tracking unless you pay for it and then its the barcode as mentioned above, but australia post are saying if you fill in a customs declaration form then there is a tracking number on the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nope, tracking is printed on the regular B/W receipt when it's sent registered or better. Yours is regular mail/airmail.

AP are in glacial mode at the moment, give it until Jan 15th or so.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Tracking isnt automatically included, but depending on the size/weight of the item it may have been sent as Parcel Post, which is a tracked service. Without the receipt though, you won't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Spocker wrote: »
    Tracking isnt automatically included, but depending on the size/weight of the item it may have been sent as Parcel Post, which is a tracked service. Without the receipt though, you won't know

Thanks everyone. It was sent as a packet, rather than a parcel, cost about €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

mel.b wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. It was sent as a packet, rather than a parcel, cost about €18.

Won't be tracked so.
    Cost me €16 to send a phone registered from Youghal to Dublin last week. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Absolutely no tracking. This is a standard customers declaration called a cn22. The confusion may arise as parcel post...which is tracked...also is green edged.

By the way Australia Post has advised International Post Corporation (which is kind of like the overseeing member organisation) of delays to post to and from certain countries including Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Should also point out to you that, thanks to some calls I was forced to make, that An Post do not provide tracking in Australia (allegedly). Posted something and got a tracking number only to notice it never changed from "Dublin Mail Center" in over a month. An Post said that when an item is for Australia, it's not tracked after it leaves the country.

Advertisement