Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70...RF Batteries Changed...Have a Question

Options
  • 26-12-2017 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

My HKC Quantum 70 alerted me to RF Low battery power and it turned out to be the SAAB....I changed just the Siren and the alert was still warning so I then reinstated the old batteries in the Siren position (x2) and changed out the Comms (x4) and the alert was still in place so it appears ALL (x6) were low together.

I've just completed changing the 6 batteries in the SAAB...2 x Siren and 4 x Comms. The alert as expected is now gone! However I notice the SAAB is showing as NOT mapped and has no ID....is this normal? The panel finds the other 10 RF Devices OK.

Just in case anyone is wondering the two Siren batteries are changed out more often than the Comms (4) in my case as they appear to run down quicker, I have two such alarms installed and it's the same for both....any comment welcome here too.

Thanks in advance ...Happy New Year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stinky45 wrote: »
    My HKC Quantum 70 alerted me to RF Low battery power and it turned out to be the SAAB....I changed just the Siren and the alert was still warning so I then reinstated the old batteries in the Siren position (x2) and changed out the Comms (x4) and the alert was still in place so it appears ALL (x6) were low together.

I've just completed changing the 6 batteries in the SAAB...2 x Siren and 4 x Comms. The alert as expected is now gone! However I notice the SAAB is showing as NOT mapped and has no ID....is this normal? The panel finds the other 10 RF Devices OK.

Just in case anyone is wondering the two Siren batteries are changed out more often than the Comms (4) in my case as they appear to run down quicker, I have two such alarms installed and it's the same for both....any comment welcome here too.

Thanks in advance ...Happy New Year

You can add a second battery pack to the external bell to extend the time you need to change the batteries for the LEDs.

If you go into device menu and try add the external bell, does the system see 1 or 2 bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Hi Altor

In Devices menu SAAB 1 is discovered but it continues to state SAAB 2 has no ID. There is no other SAAB2? Just wondering why it would show that? (The other HKC 70 I have is in a separate building so has nothing to do with it)

The battery alarm is now back saying low battery??? Even though I've put in 6 NEW batteries a few days ago. On the panel the LED Triangle is lit and under the bell symbol the LED is RED??

The system fault continues to show RF Battery Low and indicates the SAAB1?? This all cleared when NEW batteries put in....now back??

I have inspected following reports on panel:

As per....Service Menu>>>Eng Tools Menu>>>Battery Menu

AND

As per...Service Menu>>>Eng Tools Menu>>>RF Device Status>>>RF SAAB Status

PUZZLED

Hi Altor

In Devices menu SAAB 1 is discovered but it continues to state SAAB 2 has no ID. There is no other SAAB2? Just wondering why it would show that? (The other HKC 70 I have is in a separate building so has nothing to do with it)

The battery alarm is now back saying low battery??? Even though I've put in 6 NEW batteries a few days ago. On the panel the LED Triangle is lit and under the bell symbol the LED is RED??

The system fault continues to show RF Battery Low and indicates the SAAB1?? This all cleared when NEW batteries put in....now back??

I have inspected following reports on panel:

As per....Service Menu>>>Eng Tools Menu>>>Battery Menu

AND

As per...Service Menu>>>Eng Tools Menu>>>RF Device Status>>>RF SAAB Status

PUZZLED

It does that as sabb 1 is enrolled onto the system.
    What type batteries have you used?
    Is it in the system log that's it's the external bell with the low Battery?

Hi Altor

Duracell correct size and voltage...ALL 6 New

Now here's a real puzzle fault not showing now?? (since I last messaged you earlier today)

Log just states 001:Eng Here?

There wasn't a problem showing when all batteries replaced either just cropped up again today and now GONE again....when back at the panel reading log just now....BACK again, still puzzled!!

Looks like something intermittent, what threw me was how in the name of God could the batteries be low again?

What I did notice earlier was Battery level -55/100%
    Now....-56/100%

Lastly....Went into TEST RF Devices and tested SAAB siren ....worked OK and cleared fault again....really weird

Hi Altor

Duracell correct size and voltage...ALL 6 New

Now here's a real puzzle fault not showing now?? (since I last messaged you earlier today)

Log just states 001:Eng Here?

There wasn't a problem showing when all batteries replaced either just cropped up again today and now GONE again....when back at the panel reading log just now....BACK again, still puzzled!!

Looks like something intermittent, what threw me was how in the name of God could the batteries be low again?

What I did notice earlier was Battery level -55/100%
    Now....-56/100%

Lastly....Went into TEST RF Devices and tested SAAB siren ....worked OK and cleared fault again....really weird

That's not the battery level, it is a signal level.
    Strange one, wondering if you have some bad batteries or indeed an issue with the bell itself.
    I usually test the batteries with a pulse meter as apposed to a multimeter.

• Advertisement

Yeh.... its gone again now...LOL
    But thanks for your help as always...Happy New Year

Yeh.... its gone again now...LOL
    But thanks for your help as always...Happy New Year

Many happy returns Stinky45

Hi Altor

Today I took the Bull by the Horns...about 3 months ago you may recall I got the reminder about the Control Panel Battery and more recently I began this query regards ALL New batteries replaced and SAAB still calling for replacement.

Took ALL the NEW batteries from before Christmas out of the SAAB and double checked them ALL reading 3.25 volts (Duracell) put them back in...Report still calling for replacements as SAAB battery LOW? In addition even though it may not be necessary I replaced the Control Panel battery (4 years old any way) it was still registering 10.2 volts on the meter and the NEW one 10.5 volt. In any event it made no difference to the fault call from the panel.

Is there anyway I could power down the whole system and as it were boot it up again....would I lose all my GSM settings and have to start over? Or is there a way to clear the logged faults? I tested every RF Device and batteries all report OK.

As before this message goes missing during the day and the panel stops flashing the fault lights only to reappear to haunt me...LOL

It's now a nuisance as every time we go out we get the "Call Engineer" message when arming. Would powering the SAAB by mains be a solution? anything in particular to watch out for if it is?...Thanks in advance.

Hi Altor

Today I took the Bull by the Horns...about 3 months ago you may recall I got the reminder about the Control Panel Battery and more recently I began this query regards ALL New batteries replaced and SAAB still calling for replacement.

Took ALL the NEW batteries from before Christmas out of the SAAB and double checked them ALL reading 3.25 volts (Duracell) put them back in...Report still calling for replacements as SAAB battery LOW? In addition even though it may not be necessary I replaced the Control Panel battery (4 years old any way) it was still registering 10.2 volts on the meter and the NEW one 10.5 volt. In any event it made no difference to the fault call from the panel.

Is there anyway I could power down the whole system and as it were boot it up again....would I lose all my GSM settings and have to start over? Or is there a way to clear the logged faults? I tested every RF Device and batteries all report OK.

As before this message goes missing during the day and the panel stops flashing the fault lights only to reappear to haunt me...LOL

It's now a nuisance as every time we go out we get the "Call Engineer" message when arming. Would powering the SAAB by mains be a solution? anything in particular to watch out for if it is?...Thanks in advance.

You would not lose all setting by doing a power cycle on the alarm.

Tbh it sounds like an issue with the bell itself.
    You could try powering the bell off a power supply but im afraid you may come back with the same issue if it is the bell.

Advertisement