Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combine Saorsat and Freesat on Enigma 2

• 26-12-2017 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I am using a Formuler 1 box with tuner A connected to Saorsat (Ka at 9E) and tuner B connected to Freesat (Astra 28). I have to manually configure the Saorsat transponder and it works fine when I do a manual scan. I can successfully do an automatic scan on Astra but the Autobouquetsmaker plugin seems to ignore the manually added saorsat transponder and instead seems to use the built in satellites list. Once I do the automatic scan on tuner B, I lose the Saorsat channels that had previously been working via a manual scan and get a mess of Freesat channels that ignores the ABM configuration (e.g channels not hidden, lots of regional variants etc) .

I have tried Openvix, Openpli, Openatv and they all seem to have the same issue. I cant get Autobouquetsmaker to combine the two and Autobouquetsmaker doesn't hide the sections its supposed to when configured.

Can anyone please recommend a working setup for Saorsat and Freesat with a combined EPG.

Thanks a lot
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Instead of splitting the two sats on different tuners, you can use 2 DISEQC switches to allow each tuner see each satellite. E.G. connect 28E to port A and 9E to port B. Configure Tuner A to match and scan again. Also configure tuner B=A.
    Can't advise on autobouquets as I never use it. Considering how very rarely important channels change, I've never seen the need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 conorg12

Thanks Gerry.
    I am just trying to get a clean and tidy combined EPG with Saorsat then Freesat stations (without the hundreds of other stations on Astra).
    The current setup without diseq switches works.

But you can simply combine the two into a favourites list in any order you wish. Rte1 on 1, 2 on 2......BBC1 on 10, BBC 2 on 11 or whatever takes your fancy.

EDIT:

Here's an example

Yes, that would be perfect but it seems to be based on Saorview not Saorsat plus Astra. What image is it running? What software would you use to edit the favourites?

It doesn't matter whether it's Saorview or Saorsat. You configure that when compiling your list of favourites. This applies to just about any image. The easiest way to edit these is using the WEBIF plugin. Assuming you have your box connected to your home network, just enter the boxes net address (192.168.xxx.xxx) into any web browser to access Webif. From there you can access just about any setting you wish. It also allows you to stream live or recorded stuff around your home.
    If it's not connected to your network it can also be done using the remote but that is very slow and tedious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭dubrov

I set this up a few years ago for my parents using ABM in OpenVix.
    ABM did allow some customisation.
    The setup had all the Saorview channels set as 1,2, 3 etc.
    Freesat started at 100, 101...200,201.....300,301 etc.

It basically involved setting up Freesat on ABM as normal then FTPing a file to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom.

The attached is the version I used to add Saorview, but you'll need to amend this to include Saorsat channels instead.
    You'll also need to remove the ".txt" from the end of the file. Boards doesn't allow upload of an xml file for some reason.

It is probably overkill though. As Gerry says. important channels rarely change so the favourites method does the job in an easier way.

Here's an edited version of my favourites list with Saorsat channels first and then BBC etc in roughly alphabetical order. If you know how to FTP a file into the box this may give you a head-start.
    As above you need to remove the dot txt from the file name it should read "userbouquet.favourites.tv"

BTW the other reason for having both tuners able to access both satellites is to allow you record/watch two different stations at once such as BBC and ITV

Thanks a lot Dubrov - that's very helpful

Thanks a million Gerry - That will sort me out

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

Sorry to resurrect and old thread. Hopefully one of you can help out.

I've just added a Saorview tuner to my Vu+ Solo2 box running OpenVix. I use the Sky UK OpenTV (Astra2 on 28.2) provider in CrossEPG and ABM.

I have both FreeSat and Saorview bouquets created by ABM and a combined Saorview/FreeSat bouquet created in Dreambox Edit.

My problem is, no matter what other provider I add in CrossEPG, the EPG only populates RTE1, RTE2 and TG4 in the list of Saorview channels. The three Virgin Media Channels and RTE1 +1 etc. are blank.

Has anybody any advice?

• Advertisement

There should be no need to use Crossepg for Saorview. Once you select a Saorview channel it should automatically populate the EPG for the next 7 days. Occasional Saorview viewing will keep it topped up except if you power off the box in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭rostalof

That's what I thought should happen, but failing that I tried the other route and still no luck...

Advertisement