Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen Designer - Dublin

Options
  • 26-12-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,

I remember reading a post recently about designers who would design your kitchen and then send it out to various different companies who would quote you the cost for building and installing your kitchen.

Does anyone have any experience with these designers and if so, could you recommend any please? Also, how must do they cost on average?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Why not get Magnet or B&Q (depending on budget) to do it for you. You'll tweak the design as you go and see different options.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭D12C

Ideally I’d like someone to come out, take measurements and advise based on aspect, layout etc.

Do Magnet operate in Ireland also?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

D12C wrote: »
    Ideally I’d like someone to come out, take measurements and advise based on aspect, layout etc.

Do Magnet operate in Ireland also?

Most good carpenters would do that for you. They have experience with kitchens and can advise. They also have relationships with manufacturers and get trade prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I know two who do it... Award Kitchens and Gerry Feery kitchens. Both did small bits for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭D12C

I've found a kitchen designer who will design the kitchen and then send out to various companies for costing. They charge approx €300 for this but can work to a budget RE: finishes etc. Do you think this is worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Not really when it's done for free by other companies but seems about right when compared to garden design I priced about a year back. You'd really have to decide how much time you'd spend going to companies yourself vs. how much €300 is worth to you. That said you could avoid cowboys by using an insider, or they could be a cowboy you never really know - that one you have to go with your gut.

Advertisement