Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thinking of doing D. SILVA to Lingard for a one GW punt. The Lingard to Son for the double

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Has he been left wing back recently?

Does that mean Kolisinac will be back in now?

I think Mustafi will come in but it depends if he will go 3 at the back or 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

I've done monreal to jones as a longer term one, Jones has decent fixtures upcoming as far as spurs, then another couple with good chances of clean sheets if he stays fit.

Still have another FT. Kane out and buying back will cost 0.2, and also thinking of moving sane on. He will likely play the weekend after beiNG rested last night, so holding for now with a switch to one of the spurs mids for the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Has he been left wing back recently?

Does that mean Kolisinac will be back in now?

He has been centre back all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I rage threatened Sane with a transfer but surely one more week with him a little more sure of starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I'm doing the same. Will hold him for the Palace game then get Eriksen in for the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That sane to sterling transfer will be quite popular this week but its a very risky move. I'll be selling sane for the dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Bank this week to be best prepared for the dgw.

Means hanging on to Niasse for yet another week who I've now lost 0.3 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That sane to sterling transfer will be quite popular this week but its a very risky move. I'll be selling sane for the dgw.

Agreed, I'm fully expecting Sterling to be on the bench with Sane starting. Alot of potentially disappointed managers.

dahat wrote: »
    Agreed, I'm fully expecting Sterling to be on the bench with Sane starting. Alot of potentially disappointed managers.

If that does happen which I think it will. I'll be doing sane to sterling for gw22 even though its a dgw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Doesn’t the fact that both Aguero and Sterling played nearly 90 minutes make Sterling rested less likely? Bernardo Silva and Gundogan didn’t exactly excel last night and they’re not going to start Aguero and Jesus up top together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Doesn’t the fact that both Aguero and Sterling played nearly 90 minutes make Sterling rested less likely? Bernardo Silva and Gundogan didn’t exactly excel last night and they’re not going to start Aguero and Jesus up top together.

I gave up waitIng for sane to stop being ****e and sterling to get his rest 3 weeks ago reversing my awful decision to switch them 6/7 weeks before
    Just do it

If that does happen which I think it will. I'll be doing sane to sterling for gw22 even though its a dgw.

I have both currently but Sane will go for dgw22 for a Spurs mid.
    Sane to Ali
    Pogba to Arnie
    Gudmarsson to Lingard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’m starting to think that Sterling being rested is this years version of Costa is going to pick up his 5th booking!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Gomez to Duffy or Mee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dhickey18

Foster- Elliot

Jones - Trippier - Kenny - Ogbonna - Mee

KDB - Coutinho - Richarlison - Hazard - RLC

DLC - Vardy - Lukaku

Think Lukaku has to go I'd also like to get rid of Richarlison any advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭King Cantona

Richarlison to lingard
    Lukaku to Morata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Gomez to Duffy or Mee?

Gotta be Mee for sure. Far safer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

why do people think Sterling will be rested?

he's a top pro, fully fit, in the form of his life, and prob the most important player in the team at the moment. it would be madness to rest him. he will start. wether he plays 60mins or 90 will be the question!

why do people think Sterling will be rested?

he's a top pro, fully fit, in the form of his life, and prob the most important player in the team at the moment. it would be madness to rest him. he will start. wether he plays 60mins or 90 will be the question!

They have 2 games in 48 hours coming up and the league is in the bag. He is now a key player for them and with all the games he has played hamstring injury is a big possibility. Pretty much every other city player is getting rotated. Sane and sterling offer pace I'd imagine they will both play 1 each of the next 2. In every other seasons when big teams have games that they should win within 48 hours of each other key players get rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I did the sterling in for sane transfer to avoid yet another .2 swing.
    I'm ok with sterling being rested v palace as it'll mean he'd definitely start the Watford home game.
    I'd obviously prefer both but think 1 start and 1 subs appearance is more likely.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I did the sterling in for sane transfer to avoid yet another .2 swing.
    I'm ok with sterling being rested v palace as it'll mean he'd definitely start the Watford home game.
    I'd obviously prefer both but think 1 start and 1 subs appearance is more likely.

Ye the price changes are an issue but for me I'm down to the bare 11 players for gw 21. So it makes sense for me to keep sane for 21 as he will surely start, sterling may start too but I think sane is the more likely of the two to start in gw21.

Going to bank the transfer all going well as I'll have the bare 11 for 21 but I think it's the right move to have 2ft for the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Don't fret about only having a bare 11. I've been cursed with injuries/rotation/suspension/MIA and fielded just 10 players on 6 out of the last 7 gameweeks (and thats with multiple hits most weeks). Sure, I've dropped from 50k to 350k but its not the end of the world. Most of that drop was poor captain selection. Most weeks you'll have one or two players who only score a 1 or 0 anyway. If you've 11 playing, great, if you've only 10, no biggie, as long as your transfers suit your squad long term or you're happy to take a punt. However, saving transfers for a DGW may not be the wisest more in the world - there's every chance of further rotation/injury/suspension meaning that player is only playing once or gets a low score and you're stuck with them in your squad unless you want to waste another transfer taking them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

3 blanks this week (Kane, Arnie, Masuaka) and one injury (Ward). Worth ditching one? Or just take it that I'll make up the games next week?

Many going without 11 this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Who is the best striker in the 4.9 or under bracket? Been looking at Crouch, Quaner, Hemed & Robson-Kanu. Stoke have a nice run of fixtures coming up from late January onwards... as do Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    3 blanks this week (Kane, Arnie, Masuaka) and one injury (Ward). Worth ditching one? Or just take it that I'll make up the games next week?

Many going without 11 this week?

Burnleys next 3 home fixtures are pretty horrible (Pool, Utd, Man City) but their away fixtures look ok. Still don't know if I see a whole lot of clean sheets in that run. Would switching Ward for someone be an option? Everton or Brighton maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Burnleys next 3 home fixtures are pretty horrible (Pool, Utd, Man City) but their away fixtures look ok. Still don't know if I see a whole lot of clean sheets in that run. Would switching Ward for someone be an option? Everton or Brighton maybe?
    Yeah beginning to realise this is the play. Thought Ward would be there all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I put a little bit of time into this the other day and Brighton, West Ham and Newcastle all have excellent fixtures coming up from a defensive viewpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Can't remember exactly but I think Newcastle and West Ham have good upcoming rotations. Elliot and Adrian could be a good shout also with the DGW coming up.

Advertisement