Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can't remember exactly but I think Newcastle and West Ham have good upcoming rotations. Elliot and Adrian could be a good shout also with the DGW coming up.

Yes but please don’t buy Adrian this week !
    He is 93% towards a rise despite having no game
    If he goes to 4.4 I can’t get him for DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Can't remember exactly but I think Newcastle and West Ham have good upcoming rotations. Elliot and Adrian could be a good shout also with the DGW coming up.

This is my transfer for DGW.

Pogba to Son
    Fab to Adrian

Is this game week the last game weekend to use your wildcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sam says DCL can't be relied upon week in week out.

Time to get off me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rooney fit according to big sam this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Ended up going Monreal and Daniels to Jones and Klavan.

Klavan likely to be shorter term with VVD coming in I reckon he will lose out and not Lovren.

Planning a Sane to Mahrez move next week with Leicesters nice fixture run in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Did the Sane to Sterling inevitable transfer. Should have done it last week

I made significant progress last week but I'm very worried about this weekend
    Kane benched so then one player on most of those I made progress in already !

Defenders - azpi Jones mee should be all ok........Daniels badly need him to play. Mariappa hoping for a miracle. Realistically won't feature so now down to 2 players

Midfield - zaha Mata Ricky Salah sterling - all at risk off some rotation but Mata in particular and maybe sterling .

Strikers kane no game. DCL - almost certainly rested so I'm now down to bare bones. Firmino - surely will play but klopp..........

Even with a transfer out ( Daniels or DCL) I don't think I'll have 11 starters but may get there with cameos.
    Hoping to stand still and climb again with the DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sam says DCL can't be relied upon week in week out.

Time to get off me thinks.

This is a real problem position given his procedure range.

Best replacement I can see is Ozaski maybe at 5.5, not certain for 90mins but can be dangerous when he plays.

km79 wrote: »
    I made significant progress last week but I'm very worried about this weekend
    Kane benched so then one player on most of those I made progress in already !

Defenders - azpi Jones mee should be all ok........Daniels badly need him to play. Mariappa hoping for a miracle. Realistically won't feature so now down to 2 players

Midfield - zaha Mata Ricky Salah sterling - all at risk off some rotation but Mata in particular and maybe sterling .

Strikers kane no game. DCL - almost certainly rested so I'm now down to bare bones. Firmino - surely will play but klopp..........

Even with a transfer out ( Daniels or DCL) I don't think I'll have 11 starters but may get there with cameos.
    Hoping to stand still and climb again with the DGW

FFS saying Jones will be rested ........feck!!!!! It's a dangerous week for me to be considering banking a transfer

• Advertisement

FFS saying Jones will be rested ........feck!!!!! It's a dangerous week for me to be considering banking a transfer

Silly question possibly, but how accurate are FFS normally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Did Davies to Kenny last night to free up 1M.

Bit of a weird one but I have Kane and Son already and if form continues, Davies will only play one game. Plan is to go Triple Spurs Attack by getting Alli or Eriksen in for Sane.
    May take a -4 gamble on a WHam player too but for now:

Begovic
    Gomez, Alonso, Kenny, Holgate
    Richarlison, Sane, Sterling, Salah
    Vardy, Depoitre

Playing sub: Morgan

Might sneak 11 players, just looking to hold on.

Silly question possibly, but how accurate are FFS normally?

A lot of it is educated guesses work
    Their rationale is similar to my own around Mata
    2 games in 48 hours
    Lindelof didn't play a minute midweek so he is probably coming in HOWEVER they reckon lindelof will pair with Rojo and I just don't see that happening
    To say he was poor midweek would be being kind. Subbed at HT.
    So on this one I think they are wrong
    They have the back 4 as
    Young lindelof rojo blind

No way Jose starts with that

dahat wrote: »
    This is a real problem position given his procedure range.

Best replacement I can see is Ozaski maybe at 5.5, not certain for 90mins but can be dangerous when he plays.

Hoping Danny Ings gets a loan move
    He is 5.3

It's ridiculous that José is likely to rotate his CBs. It's the one position, bar GK obviously, where you really shouldn't fatigue.

I don't see much CB rotation happening amongst other teams.

I might be left with 8 or 9 players if DCL gets a likely rest. RLC looked wrecked and came off early last night too. TAA also had a superb game on Tuesday, so will he keep Gomez out?

Nightmare stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hoping Danny Ings gets a loan move
    He is 5.3

Good shout but it's a long shot tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's ridiculous that José is likely to rotate his CBs. It's the one position, bar GK obviously, where you really shouldn't fatigue.

I don't see much CB rotation happening amongst other teams.

I might be left with 8 or 9 players if DCL gets a likely rest. RLC looked wrecked and came off early last night too. TAA also had a superb game on Tuesday, so will he keep Gomez out?

Nightmare stuff.

I have Gomez too but the uncertainty is too much. Gomez was at fault for Arsenal’s first last week and TAA had a good game vs Swansea so it’d make sense for TAA to start again but also it’d make sense for Gomez to start down to rotation. If I’d a transfer to make, I’d bring in Robertson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

lukaku or morata for this week....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, could do with a little advice. 2FT so I need to use one of them. The transfer needs to be one that frees up cash for Kane's return.

De Gea
    Alonso - Christensen - Otamendi
    KDB - Coutinho - Salah - Sterling - Richarlison
    Rooney - Firmino
    SUBS: Elliot, DCL, Duffy, Mariappa

Thoughts?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys, could do with a little advice. 2FT so I need to use one of them. The transfer needs to be one that frees up cash for Kane's return.

De Gea
    Rooney - Firmino

Thoughts?
    Well that double Everton attack needs to go anyway ..........but I assume you are upgrading Rooney to kane next week?
    How much cash do you need ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

De Gea
    Rooney - Firmino

Thoughts?

Ddg to adrian

Ddg to adrian

If I had DDG again i wouldn’t consider selling him for the season
    His PPG is better than almost every single striker bar Kane and possibly moratta I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’ve gone Gomez to Robertson.

I’ve missed out on too many clean sheets from Gomez of late and should hopefully get a few weeks out of Robertson before Gomez returns.

Next transfers are probably Naughton or Kabasele to a Brighton or Newcastle defender, and then Zaha to Arnautovic for the double.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well that double Everton attack needs to go anyway ..........but I assume you are upgrading Rooney to kane next week?
    How much cash do you need ?

Yep, Rooney makes way but I may shift DCL as he wont be starting much as they signed a Turkish striker.

Plan is one FT now to get money back, then 3 transfers for -4 next week. Perhaps an injury or an obvious rest will present itself but right now KDB has to go out to fund Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

De Gea
    Rooney - Firmino

Thoughts?

Alonso to Mee?

Yep, Rooney makes way but I may shift DCL as he wont be starting much as they signed a Turkish striker.

Plan is one FT now to get money back, then 3 transfers for -4 next week. Perhaps an injury or an obvious rest will present itself but right now KDB has to go out to fund Kane.

DCL to Quaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Indeed. Not just any aul striker either but one Big Sam has loved for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Kept Kane & benched him.

Sold Watford defender for Martina, didn't put enough thought into that one as Watford have an easy game at home. Long term Martina probably a better option.

the DGW transfer will be Silva -> Son but I will have some cash to make another transfer of Wilson -> Someone but I cannot find a good option to bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Kane > Firmino....just for the week and swap back after...most likely.

Leaves me with 14 fit players but with rotation worries over Jones, Gomez, DCL and pretty much everyone else at this stage! I'll be doing well to field 11, but hoping that my Chelsea triple (Courtois, Hazard c, Morata) at home to Stoke will do the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

De gea
    Elliot

Maguire
    Mariappa
    Christensen
    Mee
    Kenny

Salah
    Hazard
    Sané
    RLC
    Gross

Rooney
    Firmino
    Morata

How many would expect to start this week? Got less than 50 points this week even though I think my team is decent. Mariappa has to go first but not a priority. Any advice. Will obviously be getting kane in next week.

Advertisement