Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW21 Transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Lemlin wrote:
    Anyone going for Sanchez? I’m surprised the lack of mention that he’s getting.

no mention because he's an absolute rip off....how could one possibly spend that money on him when theres a dozen midfielders playing better and on better form.....ozil would be arsenals main prospect in my opinion, and he is a gamble also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/1332410/event/20
    He is 18th out of 19 in the bournemouth league. Nathan ake Top. He benched himself last 2 gws.

Had a quick look at a few of the teams in his league, anyone who had Daniels has got rid of him in the last week or so;)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

The team I could field

DDG
    Gomez Christensen Mariappa
    Salah Sterling Hazard Zaha Surman
    Firmino DCL

Bench: Elliot ; Trippier, Mee, Kane
    £0.6m ITB

I have 2 FT but would rather keep them for the DGW. I know my defense killed me in the previous GWs but I'd need a huge hit to reshuffle it (TBH I'd almost want them all out bar Mee).

I'm hoping with the rotations Gomez & Mariappa could get their games and if Christensen isn't back Mee would sub in. It's not ideal but I'm not sure there are -4 worth it here (I know I have 2 FT but considering the plan is Arnie & a Spurs mid next week, any FT used this GW is a -4 next GW).

So. I have 1 transfer to "waste". I'm thinking of upgrading Zaha. That is up to £7.4m midfielder. Mata? Lingard? Will they play? Bernardo Silva? Willian? Will they play too?
    Or should I really rather look at my defense? But I can't afford any big name and don't see any obvious replacement for this GW...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Kane out Morata in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Keeping Kane & Ogbonna for the DGW, had planned on banking but will be struggling for numbers with Daniels and Surman both uncertain

Daniels to Robertson my most likely move unless we get concrete news in the meantime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    The team I could field

DDG
    Gomez Christensen Mariappa
    Salah Sterling Hazard Zaha Surman
    Firmino DCL

Bench: Elliot ; Trippier, Mee, Kane
    £0.6m ITB

I have 2 FT but would rather keep them for the DGW. I know my defense killed me in the previous GWs but I'd need a huge hit to reshuffle it (TBH I'd almost want them all out bar Mee).

I'm hoping with the rotations Gomez & Mariappa could get their games and if Christensen isn't back Mee would sub in. It's not ideal but I'm not sure there are -4 worth it here (I know I have 2 FT but considering the plan is Arnie & a Spurs mid next week, any FT used this GW is a -4 next GW).

So. I have 1 transfer to "waste". I'm thinking of upgrading Zaha. That is up to £7.4m midfielder. Mata? Lingard? Will they play? Bernardo Silva? Willian? Will they play too?
    Or should I really rather look at my defense? But I can't afford any big name and don't see any obvious replacement for this GW...

Mariappa to dunk good fixture this gw and next and won't be rotated. Brighton good defensively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

I too might struggle for numbers. Is there a chance of Sterllinh being tested? And Morata?

I too might struggle for numbers. Is there a chance of Sterllinh being tested? And Morata?

Sterling ye morata no.

Sterling ye morata no.

Thanks. Better transfer someone just in case then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thanks. Better transfer someone just in case then.

Would you be safer to keep him and just risk him being benched? Isn't he the kind of player you'd keep long term or sell next week for a Spurs midfielder.. and use a transfer elsewhere this GW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We've been down the road if asking if Sterling will be rested before.

It never ever happens.

siblers wrote: »
    Would you be safer to keep him and just risk him being benched? Isn't he the kind of player you'd keep long term or sell next week for a Spurs midfielder.. and use a transfer elsewhere this GW?

I wasn't suggesting she sell sterling just that there is a chance he won't start. Morata is the most nailed on starter of all the big hitters this gw IMO.

I wasn't suggesting she sell sterling just that there is a chance he won't start. Morata is the most nailed on starter of all the big hitters this gw IMO.

Definitely not selling him but I need a plan. Last week I had 8 players. I have Kane and Cresswell who won't play. I also have Surman and Rooney and can't afford another no show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Tough one this week. Want to bank the transfer but doubt I’ll field 11 if I do. My only sub is Mariappa. Surman is in my first 11 but doubtful. Nothing in bank so could either do Surman to RLC (home to City) or Mariappa to Kevin Long (away to Huddersfield). Not feeling inspired by either option. Bank?

remoteboy wrote: »
    Tough one this week. Want to bank the transfer but doubt I’ll field 11 if I do. My only sub is Mariappa. Surman is in my first 11 but doubtful. Nothing in bank so could either do Surman to RLC (home to City) or Mariappa to Kevin Long (away to Huddersfield). Not feeling inspired by either option. Bank?

I would bank. Be nice to have options for dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I think I'll have to take another chance on Silva and bank. I should field 11 if he doesn't play, will give me 2ft for next week where I plan on getting Arnie and Alli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Only have DCL and Morata up front (Kane benched) so toying with switching out DCL as I think his days are numbered with Everton looking to buy a striker (looking at Depoitre as the main option) but will hold and keep 2 FTs for the spurs double I think - if he doesn't start I should have RLC to come in for a 2 pointer anyway hopefully!

Will need to move DCL on though and now Austin is not even an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Anyone else think coutinho will be rested today, it was mane the last day, firmino and salah came off early while coutinho played the 90.

Steven81 wrote:
    Anyone else think coutinho will be rested today, it was mane the last day, firmino and salah came off early while coutinho played the 90.

simply no. did you see how poor they are when he is not on the pitch....look at the results when he was injured....

simply no. did you see how poor they are when he is not on the pitch....look at the results when he was injured....

Coutinho has started 12 games Liverpool have 21 pts. In the 8 games he hasn't started they have 17 pts. The PPG is a good bit higher when coutinho hasn't started.

• Advertisement

Coutinho has started 12 games Liverpool have 21 pts. In the 8 games he hasn't started they have 17 pts. The PPG is a good bit higher when coutinho hasn't started.

im aware of that...look at the teams he played....far stronger outfit when he in it...i think its pretty obvious when watching them. pool and some of their stars are padded with alot of garbage time goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

It's only with Burnley away 2 days later will he play the front 4 for the two games. Ox and lallana available so leicester at home would be the one to rest one or two.

im aware of that...look at the teams he played....far stronger outfit when he in it...i think its pretty obvious when watching them. pool and some of their stars are padded with alot of garbage time goals.

Coutinho started the draws against Burnley,wba and Newcastle. He missed the defeat against city and the win against arsenal. I don't think there is a huge difference between games played. Coutinho is Liverpool's best player but there has been no real difference in the results with/without him so far. My take would be coutinho starts 1 of the next 2. If you have any of sterling/sane/kdb/firmino/coutinho/ aguero/jesus and they start the next two you can count yourself lucky.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Listening to Klopp, I think he’ll start everyone vs Leicester and home to kill the game by 60 mins before taking off the big guns so they can rest. Would be very confident Firmino and Salah will start, fairly certain Coutinho will too.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Listening to Klopp, I think he’ll start everyone vs Leicester and home to kill the game by 60 mins before taking off the big guns so they can rest. Would be very confident Firmino and Salah will start, fairly certain Coutinho will too.

I think he will aswell. Last year the Burnley game 48 hours later was the Sunderland game and he made big changes for that. I reckon we will see 6/7 changes for the Burnley game especially as he will have to play a strong team in the fa cup unlike most of the other top6 teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Coutinho is on form and missed the preseason. Play him every game, if he burns out after the World Cup it will probably be someone else s worry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I might do Haz to Coutinho if we get any news that Haz won't start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I might do Haz to Coutinho if we get any news that Haz won't start
    I’ve the same plan, hopefully hear something

just throwing it out there...any chance of salah getting rested....bring in mane...still have the pace with mane and play making of couts...firminiho up top...idont think klopp likes playing mane and salah together much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

just throwing it out there...any chance of salah getting rested....bring in mane...still have the pace with mane and play making of couts...firminiho up top...idont think klopp likes playing mane and salah together much...

No.

Salah and Firmino taken off early v Swansea, so are nailed on to start today.

Advertisement