Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglar alarm controlled remotely

Options
  • 26-12-2017 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

I want to get a burglar alarm dystem for my house.

Features I need:

1. I must be able to activate/deactivate it via an app from an iPad.
    2. Outside siren to be visible to potential intruders.
    3. Any companies offering cloud based systems must be based in the EU (far stricter privacy and data protection laws than the US, for example).

Features I would like:

1. Vibration sensors for doors and windows.

Must be simple to set up and install.

I would really appreciate advice.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Most of the alarms discussed here should satisfy the above. Read through the forum on comparisons on the apps, there's a wealth of information here.

Are you looking for wireless or wired?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As said most good systems would meet your requirements.
    Our 2 most popular panels with apps would be GSD & Siemens Vanderbilt.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

KoolKid wrote: »
    Our 2 most popular panels with apps would be GSD & Siemens Vanderbilt.

I assume that by "our" you mean the company you work for because I very much doubt that either of these would be the most popular with installers on Boards.ie or in Ireland for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

2011 wrote:
    I assume that by "our" you mean the company you work for because I very much doubt that either of these would be the most popular with installers on Boards.ie or in Ireland for that matter.

Can't speak for the GSD panel but the Vanderbilt would be popular to installers who knows their way around them.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

By our, yes I mean the systems that we install and people request.
    I think if you take into consideration all the commercial and industrial systems used by Siemens Vanderbilt you will find they are by far the bigger manufacturer.
    GSD is quite popular now with many larger installers using them and their access systems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

KoolKid wrote: »
    By our, yes I mean the systems that we install

I thought so, because I doubt that either of these systems would be the most popular with posters on this forum, installers on this forum or in Ireland. I felt that your earlier post could easily be misread to suggest otherwise.

It is hardly suprising that any company commercially aligned with a manufacturer will find that the same manufacturer is popular with their own customers.

Can you please explain how and show some proof of how we are commercially aligned with any manufacturer.?:confused:
    A very strange statement for a moderator of this forum to make.
    We are one of the few here who install most make of systems.
    The few installers on this forum would also not be representative of the larger market in general.

All I wanted to do was clarify what I saw a as a misleading statement, job done as far as I am concerned.

I think you should read through some of your own posts though.

No need to. I'll just clarify we are not commercially aligned with any manufacturer.

With the exception of the likes of Phonewatch, Homesecure and the few with panels locked down to Risco systems I don't you can make that sort of claim about any other installers.

Advertisement