If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema set up

Options
  • 26-12-2017 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I’m looking to invest in a new home cinema system. I saw the following package on your sister site and was wondering if you could give me a Boardsie quote:

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx3400-dali-zensor-1-5-1.html

Also could you give me a Boardsie quote for the Denon 3400h with MA Bronze 5.1 speaker package.

Can you give me your best price if I replace the 2 speakers with floorstanders for each of the above.

Finally what Dolby Atmos speakers would you recommend with the above set up and what’s the best price for these?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

danap wrote: »
    I’m looking to invest in a new home cinema system. I saw the following package on your sister site and was wondering if you could give me a Boardsie quote:

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx3400-dali-zensor-1-5-1.html

Also could you give me a Boardsie quote for the Denon 3400h with MA Bronze 5.1 speaker package.

Can you give me your best price if I replace the 2 speakers with floorstanders for each of the above.

Finally what Dolby Atmos speakers would you recommend with the above set up and what’s the best price for these?

Thanks.
    Hi Danap.

Apologies for the delay.

To replace the Dali Zensor 1 with a pair of Dali Zensor 5's you would be looking at  £1829.00

For the 3400 with the MA Bronze 5.1 using Bronze 5's would come in at £1968. I could drop to £1865 on this package.

For Atmos speakers there would be the MA pro 65's coming in at £69 each but I could offer at £50 each along with any of the above packages.
    https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-ranges/pro/pro-65/

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭danap

Thanks Kenny. I should have been clearer in relation to the Atmos speakers. I would be looking at upfiring speakers instead of ceiling speakers. I’ve been doing some research on the speakers set up and I’m worried the floorstanding speakers might introduce bass booming as the unit will be located in the corner of the room which measures 4.6m x 4m. Would bookshelf speakers be a better fit? Apologies for all the questions but I just want to ensure I choose the best speaker package for my room. Thanks.

Thanks Kenny. I should have been clearer in relation to the Atmos speakers. I would be looking at upfiring speakers instead of ceiling speakers. I’ve been doing some research on the speakers set up and I’m worried the floorstanding speakers might introduce bass booming as the unit will be located in the corner of the room which measures 4.6m x 4m. Would bookshelf speakers be a better fit? Apologies for all the questions but I just want to ensure I choose the best speaker package for my room. Thanks.
    Hi Danap.

For the Atmos you can look at the Elac Debut A4 priced at £249.00 but I could offer at £200 along with any 5.1 pack.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202097-debut-a4-atmos.aspx

It's hard to judge if they would be too boomy for your room. My living room is a good bit smaller in width and I have a pair of older Bronze 6's as my front and using the Monitor Audio FB110 (about 10 years old at this point) and I have no issues at all.

You can also adjust the setting for all speaker within the amp setting and the subwoofer will have its own controls on the back of it to adjust its settings.

You could use the bookshelfs and set them to small in the amp set up and this would let the sub pick up the missing bass frequencies.

Thanks for the follow up Kenny. Unfortunately that overall package will be over my budget. Looking at your sister site I now see the following is priced at £1399

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx2400-black-monitor-audio-bronze-5-black-monitor-audio-bronze-w10-subwoofer-black-monitor-audio-bronze-fx-black-and-monitor-audio-bronze-centre-black.html

There is a difference of £280 between the Denon x2400h and the x3400h so I was wondering if you could offer the above system with x3400h for £1679 (including the £280 upcharge)? I would also be interested in the Elac Debut A4 for £200. I also need your best price for speaker cable and delivery costs. I hope we can do a deal. Thanks.

Thanks for the follow up Kenny. Unfortunately that overall package will be over my budget. Looking at your sister site I now see the following is priced at £1399

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx2400-black-monitor-audio-bronze-5-black-monitor-audio-bronze-w10-subwoofer-black-monitor-audio-bronze-fx-black-and-monitor-audio-bronze-centre-black.html

There is a difference of £280 between the Denon x2400h and the x3400h so I was wondering if you could offer the above system with x3400h for £1679 (including the £280 upcharge)?  I would also be interested in the Elac Debut A4 for £200. I also need your best price for speaker cable and delivery costs. I hope we can do a deal. Thanks.
    Hi Danap.

The very best I could offer on the AVRX3400 with the Bronze 5 5.1 pack would be £1699.95 with £6.99 shipping.
    I had a check online and this matches the price of some of our main land competitors. (Even thought they do not ship to the south of Ireland).

For this setup I would look at the Ultra micro priced at £3.19 per meter. I could drop to £2.75 per meter.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-910743-ultra-micro.aspx

You would also require a sublink cable.
    There is the Cambridge Audio AUD500 7.5m priced at £29.95
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-10545-306775.aspx

Let me know what you think.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny. Let’s go with the AVR X3400 with MA Bronze 5 5.1 pack, a pair of Elac Debut B4 Atmos speakers, the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO
    AUD500 Sublink 7.5M lead and 25m of CAMBRIDGE AUDIO
    ULTRA MICRO cable. PM me if required. Thanks.

Thanks Kenny. Let’s go with the AVR X3400 with MA Bronze 5 5.1 pack, a pair of Elac Debut B4 Atmos speakers, the CAMBRIDGE AUDIO
    AUD500 Sublink 7.5M lead and 25m of CAMBRIDGE AUDIO
    ULTRA MICRO cable. PM me if required. Thanks.
    Hi Danap.

If you want to drop me your contact number in a PM I can give you a call :)

PM sent Kenny.

PM sent Kenny.
    Cheers Danap.

Will drop you a call ASAP.

Thanks for all your help Kenny.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your help Kenny.
    No problem at all Danap.

I'll keep you updated on the progress of shipping.

Hi Kenny, any idea of the shipping date for the Elac Debut B4 Atmos speakers I ordered a month ago? Thanks.

Hi Kenny, any idea of the shipping date for the Elac Debut B4 Atmos speakers I ordered a month ago? Thanks.
    Hi Danap.

I do apologies for the delay with these speakers. Our main warehouse in Manchester and our purchasing team in London have been chasing these for weeks.

We have 80 pairs arriving into the main warehouse on the 29th of Jan and I will get a pair dispatched out to you from there.

Again apologies for the wait on these.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.