If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a TV sound system

Options
  • 26-12-2017 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭

Hey BW,

€700 will actually get you quite a serious AV system with us these days ( but we really would not recommend putting your speakers on the floor :O )

How about this:

Denon AVRX2400 7.1 Av Receiver : €469
    https://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x2400h/review

Denon SYS2020 5.1 Speaker system: €199
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202313-sys2020.aspx?swapstore=1

Total is €668 - Bundle deal £529 / €619 

The Boston speakers come including a simple keyhole opening which will allow you to hang the rears slightly off the ground and that will transform your overall Audio quality.

BTW that €619 price for the award winning AVRX2400 is less than most other stores in Ireland are charging for the AVRX2400 on its own!!

Lots in stock and all prices include shipping countrywide,

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc 

Following the quote above from another thread, I'm also looking for something similar but in 7.1 arrangement. Is it possible to add two Denon satellite speakers for rear/sides, and to connect to the AVRX2400 receiver? I have a similar budget but can uplift for the extra two speakers, or perhaps is there another speaker package that would better suit my needs?

Ideally my sound setup is as follows, left and right to either side of TV with centre below TV. High level side left and right, high level rear left and right. Sub-woofer on the floor to front.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Astrofluff,

I've given your query a separate thread - easier for RS to keep track rather than carrying a two way on the other thread.

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

astrofluff wrote: »
    Hey BW,

€700 will actually get you quite a serious AV system with us these days ( but we really would not recommend putting your speakers on the floor :O )

How about this:

Denon AVRX2400 7.1 Av Receiver : €469
    https://www.whathifi.com/denon/avr-x2400h/review

Denon SYS2020 5.1 Speaker system: €199
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202313-sys2020.aspx?swapstore=1

Total is €668 - Bundle deal £529 / €619 

The Boston speakers come including a simple keyhole opening which will allow you to hang the rears slightly off the ground and that will transform your overall Audio quality.

BTW that €619 price for the award winning AVRX2400 is less than most other stores in Ireland are charging for the AVRX2400 on its own!!

Lots in stock and all prices include shipping countrywide,

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc 

Following the quote above from another thread, I'm also looking for something similar but in 7.1 arrangement. Is it possible to add two Denon satellite speakers for rear/sides, and to connect to the AVRX2400 receiver?  I have a similar budget but can uplift for the extra two speakers, or perhaps is there another speaker package that would better suit my needs?

Ideally my sound setup is as follows, left and right to either side of TV with centre below TV. High level side left and right, high level rear left and right. Sub-woofer on the floor to front.
    Hi Astrofluff.

Unfortunately we do not sell the speakers separately for the little 5.1 speaker packs.

You could perhaps add two little minx speakers in like the Min12 priced at £69.95 each
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201034-black313731.aspx

Any questions drop us a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hi Kenny,

I am revisiting this and am nearing the stage of making a purchasing of a fine system.  I have read lots of reviews about the Q Acoustic 7000i speaker system with the slim (more expensive) sub-woofer.  While the price is a little up there, I am thinking I can now get a 7.1/5.1.2 setup with an additional 2 Q Acoustics 7000LRi satellites which you can supply.

I have the following questions:  Based on the above speaker package, would it make sense to go with the Denon AVRX3400H or AVRX2400H? What would be the main differences (besides the price tag)?

What would be the best bundled deal you can offer on the following:
    Q Acoustics 7000i slim (white)
    QAcoustics 7000LRi pair (white
    Denon AVRX2400H

or above speaker system with Denon 3400H?

Thanks, Astrofluff.

Hi Kenny,

I am revisiting this and am nearing the stage of making a purchasing of a fine system.  I have read lots of reviews about the Q Acoustic 7000i speaker system with the slim (more expensive) sub-woofer.  While the price is a little up there, I am thinking I can now get a 7.1/5.1.2 setup with an additional 2 Q Acoustics 7000LRi satellites which you can supply.

I have the following questions:  Based on the above speaker package, would it make sense to go with the Denon AVRX3400H or AVRX2400H? What would be the main differences (besides the price tag)?

What would be the best bundled deal you can offer on the following:
    Q Acoustics 7000i slim (white)
    QAcoustics 7000LRi pair (white
    Denon AVRX2400H

or above speaker system with Denon 3400H?

Thanks, Astrofluff.
    Hi Astrofluff.

The Q7000 slim pack is a fantastic speaker pack.

If you pair it with the AVRX2400 you would be looking at £1149.00

With the AVRX3400 and the Q7000i slim would be £1400.00

To add the 7000LRi you would be looking at an extra £199.00 for the pair. (Special Order, not held in stock).

There are a few differences between the 3400 and the 2400.
    The 3400 is more powerful @ 105 watts @ 8 Ohms or 180W @ 6 Ohms.
    The 3400 has lots of extra inputs and outputs.
    The 3400 can upscale to 4K any analogue sources connected to it rather than only upscale HDMI sources.
    The 3400 come ready to process Dolby Vision straight out of the box the 2400 will be via firmware update at some point.
    https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/homecinema/avreceiver/avrx3400h
    If you scroll to the bottom of the link above you can select the 3400 and 2400 side by side and see all the differences.

Either of these two setups would sound very good indeed.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I really appreciate the informative comments Kenny - its very encouraging knowing that stuff as I'll trying to go the 4k route from now on with everything (TV is 4k but don't have any 4k set top boxes just yet).  Is there 4k passthrough on the Denon 2400?  Just can't get my head around the specs.

• Advertisement

I really appreciate the informative comments Kenny - its very encouraging knowing that stuff as I'll trying to go the 4k route from now on with everything (TV is 4k but don't have any 4k set top boxes just yet).  Is there 4k passthrough on the Denon 2400?  Just can't get my head around the specs.
    Hi Astrofluff,

Yes, the 2400 has 4k passthrough on all inputs.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.