Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu clubs Galway

• 26-12-2017 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello,
    I have just moved to Galway from New Zealand and was wondering if there are any clubs that train during the day? I am going to be based just out of Athenry, I have contacted Athenry Judo in regards to training some newaza there and Point Blank where I would like to train but with my wife working big shifts, I cant always make the evening classes, any gyms I could try or even other places with mats? I am a brown belt, got to get my jitsu fix reguarly!
    Oss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

If you don't mind no-gi, little bit of MMA cross training and early starts, Strange Wolves MMA have early morning sessions. Those sessions start back as normal next week. I think there is an open mat in Point Blank on Saturday around 11 a.m if you wanted to come in and break the ice, Point Blank and Strange Wolves lads will be there so two birds, one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brussell Jitz

If you don't mind no-gi, little bit of MMA cross training and early starts, Strange Wolves MMA have early morning sessions. Those sessions start back as normal next week. I think there is an open mat in Point Blank on Saturday around 11 a.m if you wanted to come in and break the ice, Point Blank and Strange Wolves lads will be there so two birds, one stone.

Thank you for that, would it be a nogi open mat at Point Blank? I will see if I can get in for that, would be good to visit the gym before regular classes start up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Point Blank, Timmy Murphy is a legit BB and an absolute gent, can't recommend him enough :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnny1232

Couldn't recommend Shaolin mma galway highly enough. Ben Davis head coach is a professional mma fighter and great coach and very welcoming to new people. Visit there facebook page for class times. Jiu jitsu on at 1 on mondays and wednesdays and theres striking classes on at 1 tuesday and Thursday.

Advertisement