Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Gritters

Options
  • 26-12-2017 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know if the above are working this week. I am back to work tomorrow and my commute depends solely on the road being gritted when there is a risk of ice/frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

billyhead wrote: »
    Would anyone know if the above are working this week. I am back to work tomorrow and my commute depends solely on the road being gritted when there is a risk of ice/frost

Each council make their own decisions but generally if there is frost expected then they grip primary routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Mayo CoCo are gritting tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭billyhead

Cheers folks. I will give the commute on the bike a go. Dont like hospital food though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

In my parents house in Dundalk and one went flying by about 45 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Roads were ok this morning billyhead although I don't know if they were treated (as they are often not done on a BH).

(PS - the man in charge of road treatment in Fingal CC doesn't live too far from you!)

• Advertisement

Myself and the dog got showered in grit a little earlier in Drogheda as one passed us. Chap wasn't impressed at all :D

Freezing hard enough if the cars we passed are anything to go by , best take care if riding early tomorrow.

Advertisement