Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I missed out on Medicine?

Options
  • 26-12-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Study chemistry, physics, applied maths but no biology. Can I still apply/study medicine or will I be totally lost without biology? Should I rule it out completely because of my subjects?? Had thought engineering or accounting/actuarial but having second thoughts... Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Out of all the sciences biology is the easiest to pick up by reading a book. I did Pharmacy in UK without biology A level and did well. Check with schools of medicine to find their requirements. Could you do the pre-med year? I think Nuig offer that for people that don’t have the correct science courses (but please check this). You need to do the HPAT for medicine so check cut off dates for that.

Advertisement