Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green beans in Ireland?

• 26-12-2017 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

being the very lucky recipient of a coffee roaster :) I'm now on the lookout for green beans. I know discountcoffee.ie have a decent range but I was wondering are there any others? My machine came with a nice load of beans too so I'm far from stuck for a while but I'd like to know what's out there... if they're out there! First batch (Columbian) is fupping gorgeaus!:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

even if they don't normally sell them I would imagine most roasteries would sell them to you if you asked directly. The place I used to work for did on a limited basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

even if they don't normally sell them I would imagine most roasteries would sell them to you if you asked directly. The place I used to work for did on a limited basis

Thanks, Yeah I might approach a few... I'd get through at least 1kg in a month.... maybe more from now on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Oh congrats - very jealous! What machine did you get?

Badger & Dodo sell unroasted for definite

Rave coffee have a green coffee store online: https://www.coffeebeanshop.co.uk/green-coffee-shop-c-285_184.html

Oh congrats - very jealous! What machine did you get?

Badger & Dodo sell unroasted for definite

This baby https://www.dieckmann-aroma-kaffee.de/en/roestmeister.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Thanks, Yeah I might approach a few... I'd get through at least 1kg in a month.... maybe more from now on!
    Coffeemojo (Wicklow) sell their single origin beans unroasted. Just hit the 'size' pull-down list on the single origin products to see the pricing of green beans. Generally around €17-€19/kg. Have only bought roasted beans from them and they've always been top notch.

• Advertisement

... to see the pricing of green beans. Generally around €17-€19/kg.

Maybe I've just been seeing cheap stuff but that seems very expensive for green beans. I'd expect closer to €10. Their roasted beans seems fairly pricey too.. but, if as you say, they're good then maybe worth a punt! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

Maybe I've just been seeing cheap stuff but that seems very expensive for green beans. I'd expect closer to €10. Their roasted beans seems fairly pricey too.. but, if as you say, they're good then maybe worth a punt! Thanks.

I haven’t roasted in a while but I was getting green from Bella barista. They delivered to Ireland and price was good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

being the very lucky recipient of a coffee roaster :) I'm now on the lookout for green beans. I know discountcoffee.ie have a decent range but I was wondering are there any others? My machine came with a nice load of beans too so I'm far from stuck for a while but I'd like to know what's out there... if they're out there! First batch (Columbian) is fupping gorgeaus!:D

IIRC hasbean/3fe offer green bean subs

limnam wrote: »
    IIRC hasbean/3fe offer green bean subs

that would cost me my first born child.

Advertisement