Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not ovulating ?

Options
  • 26-12-2017 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

can anyone help. ttc for about 9 months or so. 3 months ago I bought the advanced fertility monitor.

I understand that he first month of using he monitor that the monitor is getting to know an individual and automatically goes from low to high days and two days peak

problem is... my periods can go from for example in October 29 days and in November 27 days and likely in December it will be around 28 days

so In October the monitor picked up on 2 peak days

November no ovulation picked up on and same in December. I'm due my period in few days.

feeling very stressed. what should I do? does the doctor start with blood tests or what can anyone tell me. thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

can anyone help. ttc for about 9 months or so. 3 months ago I bought the advanced fertility monitor.

I understand that he first month of using he monitor that the monitor is getting to know an individual and automatically goes from low to high days and two days peak

problem is... my periods can go from for example in October 29 days and in November 27 days and likely in December it will be around 28 days

so In October the monitor picked up on 2 peak days

November no ovulation picked up on and same in December. I'm due my period in few days.

feeling very stressed. what should I do? does the doctor start with blood tests or what can anyone tell me. thanks in advance

Best thing to do is go to the doctor. They will cover everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I agree about going to the doctor. We're not qualified to give medical advice on this forum and it goes against the charter.

There is a Trying to Conceive forum here on boards which may be of better use to you https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1091

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Go to the doctor. They will do bloods on day 3 and day 21 of your cycle to check your hormone levels and whether you are ovulating. That’s the first step. Depending on the results they can refer you to a fertility clinic.

Some of the fertility clinics will accept self referral as well. They offer a fertility “NCT” for both you and your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

The chances are that if your cycles are so regular everything is fine. But go to gp anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You may have a low egg count, go to your gp and/or fertility clinic.

You didn't mention what age you are, but egg count decreases over time and can also be lower due to other issues. PCOS for example.

Better to just gst checked by professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hiya Op, I've moved over your thread to a place where I think you'll get better information.

There will be a few folk here that have experience with the monitors - I don't, I always just used the cheapie sticks, but I do remember that my LH surge was very short and often happened during the night so the sticks would have missed it. Hopefully some monitor users can help you out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Agree with above comments.

I would also suggest temping in conjunction with the fertility monitor. While it only tells you after the event if you ovulated it is a great tool to understand your cycle.

The book taking charge of your fertility is a great resource to understand. I personally never got on with the ovulation strips

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gb26

Ok so i am so confused as i dont know where exactly i am in my cycle. I was on the pill (microlite) for 3 years. I finished my pack and had my withdrawal bleed 4 days later as always. Then started my new pack as usual 7 pill free days kater but only took 4 from that pack as i decided to stop (yes i should of finished the pack). I had a tiny bleed about 4 days after that. As we are ttc iv been using ovk and 4 days ago i had my solid smiley using cb and today i had a flashing smiley? How is this possible . Help ! 😊

Advertisement