Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rte showing all but one Harry Potter film?

• 26-12-2017 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Watched the Harry Potter films on rte the last few nights and went ahead to record the rest. I see they are showing all but The Half Blood Prince for some reason... Anyone know why this may be so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Aww. I too have been watching, and was looking forward to seeing them all in order. I just presumed they'd all be on. And that's my favourite one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

It's on ITV/UTV on Friday at 8pm

I see lots of people getting annoyed about this on Twitter now. It seems like a really weird decision and I'd love to know why, but since RTE don't seem to respond to queries I guess we'll just have to keep guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Maybe they don’t have the rights yet. How recently was it released?

Maybe they don’t have the rights yet. How recently was it released?

2009. They've shown it before. Theyre skipping it and moving on to show the two later films.

• Advertisement

Oh it’s not HPATHBPPII, apologies

They have just tweeted to say they aren't licensed to show it. At least they have given a response.

Crazy that they could be licensed to show the other seven but not the 6th installment. I wonder what it is about that one? Is this usually a case of someone else (ITV?) having the rights and stopping them or is it they could have had it if they paid more?

Virgin/TV3 probably have the rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Crazy that they could be licensed to show the other seven but notithe 6th installment. I wonder what it is about that one? Is this usually a case of someone else (ITV?) having the rights and stopping them or is it they could have had it if they paid more?

Itv showing all of them I think, so don't see why they would refuse to allow RTE not show one of them

titan18 wrote: »
    Itv showing all of them I think, so don't see why they would refuse to allow RTE not show one of them

Yes ITV showing them all (I don't have ITV though so no use to me unfortunately). I have no knowledge of how these rights/licensing things work. I know the likes of Sky seem to be able to buy things up and stop others from showing them (has happened with lots of Christmas films in recent years), and obviously a channel can buy the rights to exclusively show a certain TV series, but it seems really odd to be able to buy the right to show a whole series of films, except one - and not even the most recent one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement