Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Gaming Build

Options
  • 26-12-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi, first gaming build. Never built a rig before but done plenty of psu replacing, adding in gfx cards, ram...etc. Mostly going to be used for gaming but I'm not that bothered about playing on ultra settings (can hear any people gasp in frustration).

What is your budget? (preferably under 1.3k)

What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Mostly gaming, some audio editing]

Are you willing to try overclocking
    ? [Yes, if there is huge gains to be had]

How can you pay? [any method really]

When are you purchasing? [Next week or 2]

Main reason I've never built a desktop from scratch before was the amount of choice overwhelmed me and I found it utterly confusing and tiring. Came up with this so far but happy to hear alternatives and suggestions. Thanks

PCPartPicker part list: https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/7p32qk
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/7p32qk/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i5-7500 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (€211.61 @ Custompcparts)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€138.94 @ Komplett)
    Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€171.09 @ Custompcparts)
    Memory: Crucial - 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (€98.95 @ Komplett)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€47.50 @ Custompcparts)
    Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB SC GAMING Video Card (€375.59 @ Custompcparts)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (€99.62 @ Custompcparts)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€94.85 @ Komplett)
    Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter (€36.73 @ Custompcparts)
    Total: €1274.88
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-26 21:43 GMT+0000

Comments

Advertisement