If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio VW8

Options
  • 26-12-2017 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi folks, 

I purchased the monitor audio vector 5.1 system a number of years back. I noticed earlier in the year that the sub was no longer working, it was producing random buzzing at times but certainly not what was expected. I replaced the cable in case that was at fault but that didn't help, I was wondering if there's something else I should try or am I looking at replacing? If so, any suggestions? (I don't want anything too big, space or sound wise - it's a small enough room). 

thanks,
    Graham

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

grimbo wrote: »
    Hi folks, 

I purchased the monitor audio vector 5.1 system a number of years back. I noticed earlier in the year that the sub was no longer working, it was producing random buzzing at times but certainly not what was expected. I replaced the cable in case that was at fault but that didn't help, I was wondering if there's something else I should try or am I looking at replacing? If so, any suggestions? (I don't want anything too big, space or sound wise - it's a small enough room). 

thanks,
    Graham
    Hi Graham,

It depends if you want to keep your Vector Sub, I can certainly look into the price of a replacement amp module for you.

If you are looking at a replacement I would recommend either the Bronze W10 at £449 or the Radius 380 at £499. The Radius is a great sub available in gloss black and with two drivers giving it a great sound.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grimbo

Hi David, 

If you think it's the amp unit, I guess it's worth checking on the price of the replacement part? Is there a way for me to ensure that's what's broken?

Those subs both look great but they're also around how much I spent on the full vector system originally, I feel like I'd be obliged to upgrade everything else and I'm not sure if I'm in the market for that tbh. :)

thanks, 
    graham

Hi David, 

If you think it's the amp unit, I guess it's worth checking on the price of the replacement part? Is there a way for me to ensure that's what's broken?

Those subs both look great but they're also around how much I spent on the full vector system originally, I feel like I'd be obliged to upgrade everything else and I'm not sure if I'm in the market for that tbh. :)

thanks, 
    graham
    Hey Grimbo.

The cost a replacement amp module would be £150. This can be fitted yourself without too much difficulty.

Hi David, 

thanks, 
    graham
    Hey Grimbo.

The cost a replacement amp module would be £150. This can be fitted yourself without too much difficulty.

I was looking at your site and it seems like the MRW10 is probably the most equivalent sub to the VW8? Do think it would be better to look at something like that or try replacing the amp unit?

Hi David, 

thanks, 
    graham
    Hey Grimbo.

I was looking at your site and it seems like the MRW10 is probably the most equivalent sub to the VW8? Do think it would be better to look at something like that or try replacing the amp unit?
    Hey Grimbo.

The MRW10 is a cracking subwoofer!

If it was me I'd go for the MRW10 as it is an overall better sub to the vector.
    I could offer one at £200 if that might help twist your arm ;)

• Advertisement

Hey Grimbo.

Sounds like a deal! :)

How do I proceed?

Hey Grimbo.

How do I proceed?
    Hi grimbo,

If you PM me your contact number I will give you a shout to process the sale.

Kind regards

David

Hey Grimbo.

How do I proceed?
    Hi grimbo,

Kind regards

David
    PMd

Hey Grimbo.

How do I proceed?
    Hi grimbo,

Kind regards

David
    PMd
    Hi Grimbo.

Thanks for the PM.

Will drop you a call ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.