Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurels

Options
  • 27-12-2017 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Me again, laurels again. :D

I want these to go mad in the spring/summer. Ideally I want to have to sit there watering and cutting them. (Almost!) Whats the best thing to feed them with, they're 2 years old and didn't get the best start.

Thanks all!

(Reason I'm asking now is if I need to start early with something?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I have laurels here, they didn't grow much in the first 3 years, then started thriving. I think they put all their energy into generating strong roots for the first couple of years.

I used manure pellets on them twice a year (spring and autumn) for the first few years, they're 10 years planted now and I trim them twice a year - top and sides, else they'd be at least 15 feet tall. Do your neighbours have laurels by any chance? If they have, and they're thriving, yours will too.

Advertisement