Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile phone radiation - the cigarettes of our generation?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭flaneur

Did 8 years of Obama not reverse anything?

There's a total overestimation of the power of the US president on matters like this. Congress and State government have most power of matters of internal policy in the US, yet Americans and commentators in general will tend to blame and credit presidents with everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidents_of_the_United_States_and_control_of_Congress#/media/File:Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

Throughout most of the progressive years of the US, the House was run by the Democrats. The big shift happened in the 1990s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Just double checked the R/T bands on the popular iPhone6(/s), surprised they have such a range from about 800Mhz up to and including microwave 2.1Ghz.

TD/LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41). TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A) UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz). CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz) GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

The latest Bluetooth 4.2+ are very low and efficient outputs. NFC is relatively new, but likely also very low wattage so not much to worry about there.
    But the Wifi via '802.11ac' MIMO (5G) is reported to be replacing the overcrowded standard of 2.4Ghz with '5Ghz', that can't be good?

One thing folks forgot to mention is the mains powered standard cordless (2.4Ghz) land-line sets, apparently they output a rather high EMF.

Aside from the US's obvious opioid epidemic (as mentioned) knocking their average life expectancy (youngsters get handed magic pills even for slight indication of ADHD).
    The also use a different electric cycle of 60hz, as opposed to the EU's more common 50hz. Some say the relatively low frequency 60hz is somewhat worse for the health.

Plenty of studies suggest you should never sleep anywhere near to the main house junction box, keep it out in in the hallway or garage.
    I've seen folks wrapping copper wire near the wall plugs, and even office based grounding rods/mats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

OP you can pretty much ignore anything California says - they are the ultimate hypochondriac state. If you are ever there you will notice warning signs at the entrance to pretty much any business saying toxic/carcinogenic chemicals are present (usually this refers to cleaning materials).

But hey at least you can smoke weed there so it's not all bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Some say 60 Hertz is somewhat higher than 50 Hertz.

Some say 60 Hertz is somewhat higher than 50 Hertz.

But heard somewhere that 60hz is worse for the human bio-field than 50hz.

Anyway if you sleep with the mobile phone left on, and head next to the cordless land-line phone, which is itself next to the main electric junction box, you're stuffed.

Ah yes the human bio-field. Which crystals are best to modulate the RF do you think? Should I consult my homeopath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Anyway if you sleep with the mobile phone left on, and head next to the cordless land-line phone, which is itself next to the main electric junction box, you're stuffed.

I heard something somewhere as well but my head is that fried I can't remember.

srsly78 wrote: »
    Ah yes the human bio-field. Which crystals are best to modulate the RF do you think? Should I consult my homeopath?

Quartz, and don't worry about the gender of your friend, live and let live. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

We light an open fire at home. I know it's unhealthy, but it is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Logic says that 50Hz would be better than 60Hz, as a rule the higher you go the worse it is.

Google "IEC TS 60479-1 - Effects of current on human beings and livestock"

True story: Friend of mine gave me some homeopathy tablets for arthritis, I never took them as I don't believe. When he asked how did I get on, I said no good, he replied how many did you take, I said just one, he said NO you got to take 4 or 5 per day. He didn't see the irony.

Well it makes sense, the more powerful the RF the less harm it will do surely?

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Logic says that 50Hz would be better than 60Hz, as a rule the higher you go the worse it is.

Google "IEC TS 60479-1 - Effects of current on human beings and livestock"

True story: Friend of mine gave me some homeopathy tablets for arthritis, I never took them as I don't believe. When he asked how did I get on, I said no good, he replied how many did you take, I said just one, he said NO you got to take 4 or 5 per day. He didn't see the irony.

Could be why they have to reduce the voltage down from EU's 240v/50hz. If theirs is around 110/60 you'd be waiting all day for the tea kettle to boil.

Arthritis*:
    AM: 1tsp Cider vinegar + 1tsp honey in glass of warm water.
    PM: Hot milk with turmeric, black pepper, ginger, small dash of nutmeg or bromelain.
    * Not medical advice, just info dating back hundreds/thousands of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

:D. I suppose they are working in that the more people they kill off the less resources of the planet those that are dead can use.

I was thinking about that! I guess they were looking at the bigger picture,Earth before humans!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Considering the wavelength of electromagnetic radiation from a 50Hz source is about 6,000 Km it's not going to matter which side of the bedside locker you leave that charging phone.

Advertisement