Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Has anyone heard anything about EVR Holdings? (EVRH)

Essentially a VR company with an app called Melody VR. Company is still at pre-launch but has contracts in place with a bunch of big music houses like Sony, Warner and I'm sure a few more. Plan is for live VR experiences for gigs, sporting events etc. I guess in layman terms, if Ed Sheeran sells out his gig, there will still be an option to pay and watch via VR.

I was given the tip by a friend. I've done a bit of research and there's a fairly active forum on LSE which seems pretty confident of an announcement soon that will boost prices. I didn't have a whole lot of disposable income at the time so couldn't go in that big. Would be interested in other's thoughts as I might go in for a bit more?

I bought at 11.2p - currently at 10.7p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭littlevillage

golfman wrote: »

Essentially a VR company with an app called Melody VR. Company is still at pre-launch but has contracts in place with a bunch of big music houses like Sony, Warner and I'm sure a few more. Plan is for live VR experiences for gigs, sporting events etc. I guess in layman terms, if Ed Sheeran sells out his gig, there will still be an option to pay and watch via VR.

I was given the tip by a friend. I've done a bit of research and there's a fairly active forum on LSE which seems pretty confident of an announcement soon that will boost prices. I didn't have a whole lot of disposable income at the time so couldn't go in that big. Would be interested in other's thoughts as I might go in for a bit more?

Interesting.

There is a similarish company that recently IPO'd on the Irish & UK stock Exchanges, VR Education. (VRE).

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/irish-tech-firm-vr-education-starts-trading-on-london-and-irish-stock-markets-36695205.html

The same kinda products except focused on Education. Would assume these type of technologies that provide immersive experiences are going to be big ....soo a handy tip. :)

And there she goes. Announcement this morning that they are launching alongside FB and Occulous Go. Wasn't expecting it to be that soon. I'm expecting this to rise nicely when it actually launches.

http://musically.com/2018/04/05/melodyvr-launch-vr-music-app-coming-weeks/

Up 20% so far today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Nice work anyone who got in.

Ryanair seems to be on a bit of a run this morn in Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Unsure why the run on Ryanair today but took some profit anyway. Edit: took it a little early. ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Unsure why the run on Ryanair today but took some profit anyway. Edit: took it a little early. ah well!

Green across the board today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Anyone have any views on Paddy Power - Betfair? Further to fall or a good buying opportunity?

Great call, up 23% on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Browney7 wrote: »
    Anyone have any views on Paddy Power - Betfair? Further to fall or a good buying opportunity?

Hi,

A few brief thoughts....
    • recent changes in leadership / senior management may take time to bed in.
    • Online gambling is a fairly mature market, with limited prospects for new customers in existing geographic sectors, so they rely more on existing customers for repeat betting and appear in need of offering regular promotions to try and retain these customers. I struggle to see the company grow significantly without further merger / acquisition, or entry to new geographic markets.
    • Plenty of top sports like the Masters, closing stages of the Champions League and Premier League, World Cup this summer etc. offer great potential for revenue, but obviously bets could go in favour or against the business, resulting in notable profits or losses on these sports events.
    • Uncertainty about Brexit, risk of currency movements between GBP£ and Euro, possible taxes on betting, and potential changes in legislation relating to gambling etc. cannot be ignored.

I think I'd like to see the price drop a bit further before I'm consider buying, but that's just based on my gut, not detailed calculations. Share prices often drop off a bit during the summer period, while the company's success or failure from customers gambling on the World Cup probably won't be known until August - Sept, so early to mid summer could be a time to buy ?

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

And there she goes. Announcement this morning that they are launching alongside FB and Occulous Go. Wasn't expecting it to be that soon. I'm expecting this to rise nicely when it actually launches.

http://musically.com/2018/04/05/melodyvr-launch-vr-music-app-coming-weeks/

Up 20% so far today.

I would like to hear more tips from this friend of yours. Disappointed I missed out on this!

• Advertisement

Not 100% sure either but Ryanair have been in the markets regularly over the past Months buying up their own shares and then cancelling them. This boosts ratios ...and the Share price. Its their way of returning value to the share holders. Took some profits myself too. (luckily didn't have access to internet til 4:30pm when they SP had peaked for the day) :D

Think Ryanair is still a compelling story and will be back buying again in the future on any significant dips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Green across the board today

Except that effing Hive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Hive has probably being very painful for a lot of people here. probably couldn't have picked a worse stock to start a thread on. Its crypto though so there still could be big swings.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Any thoughts on whether the Smurfit Kappa/International Paper deal will go ahead. Smurfit have rejected 2 offers so far but IP seem determined. Smurfit shares are still factoring in a deal at €35 per share vs €28 before the deal.

I'm afraid they may fall back to €28 but could also go up to €38 if deal agreed

Ignore above - I sold them

For anyone with TAW shares they are merging with their JV partner to form a bigger company.

http://tawana.com.au

https://smallcaps.com.au/tawana-resources-bald-hill-jv-partner-alliance-merge-lithium-play

New shares to issue in new entity

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    For anyone with TAW shares they are merging with their JV partner to form a bigger company.

http://tawana.com.au

https://smallcaps.com.au/tawana-resources-bald-hill-jv-partner-alliance-merge-lithium-play

New shares to issue in new entity

This is good news in the long term, right?

But in the short term I wonder will the proposed share placement at A$0.41 not result in an immediate drop in the Tawana share price on the ASX on Monday morning to reflect this? (It was trading at about A$0.455c on Friday.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is good news in the long term, right?

But in the short term I wonder will the proposed share placement at A$0.41 not result in an immediate drop in the Tawana share price on the ASX on Monday morning to reflect this? (It was trading at about A$0.455c on Friday.)

You’d need to check is there a hold period on the shares, if not it reads like it’s going to get diluted by 60 million odd shares. I’d expect there’s a hold
    period though.
    Just from my own experience price goes down.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

You’d need to check is there a hold period on the shares, if not it reads like it’s going to get diluted by 60 million odd shares. I’d expect there’s a hold
    period though.
    Just from my own experience price goes down.

Hi Drunkmonkey, what does hold period mean?

I'm no expert but it looks like there will be an extra 50m worth of extra shares in the new combined company once merged. The underwritten placement shares would be sold to investment bankers at discounted rate of 41c (TAW) for guaranteed 20m and they would sell the shares to investors.

http://www.afr.com/street-talk/canaccord-launches-20m-tawana-resources-raising-20180405-h0ydcf

The money raised will be used to continue production and future expansion and exploration. Overall it should result in a larger more attractive company for investors/financiers etc so this would be positive. Whether TAW or AMA got a better deal is the question.

There is a lot of discussion here from TAW shareholders on the merger but in general it appears positive. Not sure about share price in the short term.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/asx/taw/

Not sure how all this would work with shares on Degiro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

dublin2000 wrote: »
    Hi Drunkmonkey, what does hold period mean?

That the shares can’t be sold for a certain amount of time after the deal closes.

Looking at that deal it sounds good in principle, should lower costs, accelerate mining and the new company has more muscle.
    Haven’t seen figures on either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It was always going to happen, people have been predicting it for ages. Never nice to see a capital raising but it happens with junior miners and this is small, production will fund everything from now on. The 1:1.1 TAW:AMAL swap is set for an unspecified date months from now not at current share prices, AMAL has been drifting down leaderless for months now, it used to be worth twice as much as TAW not so long ago, getting Mark Calderwood as CEO and taking all of Bald Hill could light a rocket under it again. Cant wait to see how things look next Christmas.

Also interesting is all TAW holders will be given free shares in a company exploiting the assets that were spun off before this deal happened.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm doubling my TAW holding tomorrow @.455aus. That's up to 2000 for the noobs, like me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I hope you didn't pull the trigger at .455, down to .42 :o
    beertons wrote: »
    I'm doubling my TAW holding tomorrow @.455aus. That's up to 2000 for the noobs, like me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

AMAL up 8% though, that's the one to watch from now on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I hope you didn't pull the trigger at .455, down to .42 :o

Where I thought I had money, and where it actually is, it'll be 8 days before I get my hands on it. So no, didn't buy.

crushproof wrote: »
    I would like to hear more tips from this friend of yours. Disappointed I missed out on this!

HA! Wouldn't we all. In fairness he's been sat on these for nearly a year I believe. He started buying in at 7p.

It broke 14p for the 1st time today. I'm convinced there's plenty more in the tank and am waiting for money to clear in my DeGiro account to top up.

Tawana back up to 0.44

Gruffalo22 wrote: »
    Micro Focus International on the London Stock exchange (MCRO) lost 55% of its value yesterday then recovered to 45% loss.

Made 20% on this yesterday and expect to make more in the next few days/weeks as the shares are undervalued. Up 2% already today

Degiro fees are €4+ for the London Stock exchange

Good/excellent call, could have been bought three weeks ago for just over 9 quid, up nearly 50% at this stage, you paid a little bit more probably but still a nice return, will take a while to get back to former glories but heading in the right direction. Elliot showing an interest, not sure whether it's a healthy/unhealthy interest.

Was thinking about jumping in to Micro Focus as the correction looked overdone, but now at £13 is there much more profit to be made?

There are some fairly serious problems at Micro Focus. The big aquisition of HP's services division is not going well and it has left them up to their necks in debt and profits are falling. Can they turn it around, sure. But will they go to the wall first, maybe. So put simply the SP is not going back to £20 anytime soon and perhaps £13-£14 is where it belongs right now.

• Advertisement

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Good/excellent call, could have been bought three weeks ago for just over 9 quid, up nearly 50% at this stage, you paid a little bit more probably but still a nice return, will take a while to get back to former glories but heading in the right direction. Elliot showing an interest, not sure whether it's a healthy/unhealthy interest.

Yes I bought in at 8.40 and 10.00 with significant investment so happy with the movement so far. I think it will go higher than current price of 12.91 in the next 4 months. They release results in July so hopefully these will be reasonable.

At these buy in prices I'm looking at a dividend of around 6-7% so will hold for some time.

If you buy in now it's a bit riskier and should go up but no guarantees

Advertisement