Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,679 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Buy low sell high. Fool proof

buy-the-dip-funny-bitcoin-rich-t-shirt-men-s-premium-t-shirt.jpg

That worked well, did it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Neeeevvvver lose capital...

Warren Buffett says:

Rule No. 1: Never lose money.
    Rule No. 2: Don’t forget rule No. 1.

What he actually means by that is complex but IMHO boils down to: if you see more potential/risk on the downside than is apparent on the upside, don't go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

This thread is like reading a bunch of meme of investments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭denismc

^^^^^^
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

TAW seems to be taking a hit recently, down 20% in the last month. I've a decent investment with them and can't decide whether to hold on long term and see how the merger plays out or cut my losses....
    Any opinions?

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Versarien PLC

Currently £0.9140 ........... was way lower until 3 months ago and has only just recently risen very sharply............

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105875665&postcount=59

Hit a new high of £1.50+ last week ........ I reckon it'll be back to under £1.30 shortly as folks will take their profit at the current levels.

Longterm I'd be thinking £3/4 + is likely as this one is only getting going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Deanov wrote: »
    TAW seems to be taking a hit recently, down 20% in the last month. I've a decent investment with them and can't decide whether to hold on long term and see how the merger plays out or cut my losses....
    Any opinions?

+1 Have the Cowan shares in the account on top of the TAW. It appears plenty are selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im sticking with it until after the merger anyway, see what its like at Christmas, very strange behavior though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

AMD well up this week/month/year. I was tipped them a while back. As a long term do they have value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,679 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

weemcd wrote: »
    AMD well up this week/month/year. I was tipped them a while back. As a long term do they have value?

I'd be very careful. Both AMD and NVIDIA are selling very few graphics cards to miners at the moment. And with the current value of crypto that's not about to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Im with Unkle on that one thread carefully especially Nvidia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

unkel wrote: »
    weemcd wrote: »

I'd be very careful. Both AMD and NVIDIA are selling very few graphics cards to miners at the moment. And with the current value of crypto that's not about to change.

https://marketrealist.com/2018/08/whats-happened-to-nvidias-operating-margin-post-crypto-boom

I took small positions in AMD and Micron recently. I don't think AMD will be effected that much by the crypto drop as it's aim is to gain ground on Intel in the big data marketshare. People are taking profits at the moment since the rise has been quite fast this past week but long term should be good, especially depending on the next earnings call in Oct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭valoren

can't buy Lockheed Martin via De Giro?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

$VSTM

Oral oncology drug given FDA priority review. Company have been hiring a sales force already making approval look like a formality.

Big upside from current MC.

More info: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4199215-verastem-undervalued-rare-oncology-gem-big-upcoming-catalysts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Skelet0n wrote: »
    $VSTM

Oral oncology drug given FDA priority review. Company have been hiring a sales force already making approval look like a formality.

More info: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4199215-verastem-undervalued-rare-oncology-gem-big-upcoming-catalysts

When you google them https://www.google.com/search?q=%24VSTM&oq=%24VSTM&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It gives you the name of general counsel, haha. Never seen that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭denismc

unkel wrote: »
    I think its the growth in data centres that is giving these stocks a lift, Cryptomining is only a small part of their business.
    Also they seem to be taking a lot of Intels market share especially with Intels security issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

denismc wrote: »
    I think its the growth in data centres that is giving these stocks a lift, Cryptomining is only a small part of their business.
    Also they seem to be taking a lot of Intels market share especially with Intels security issues.

It wasn't just Intel chips affected by spectre and melty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Skelet0n wrote: »
    $VSTM

I've had VSTM on my stockwits watchlist for a while now and I should have got in a long time ago, the gains this year have been incredibleDO you reckon it's still worthwhile jumping in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Anybody got any strong feelings on TEVA

I was looking the last month and feel I missed a good entry point a couple of week back , its dropped back slightly from the spike when Buffet increased his stake .

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

crushproof wrote: »
    I've had VSTM on my stockwits watchlist for a while now and I should have got in a long time ago, the gains this year have been incredibleDO you reckon it's still worthwhile jumping in?

I'd say with approval could see the current S/P double over the next 12 months, possible buyout then. It's a drug in it's own class, would be a good addition to one of the big name's portfolio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Just realised I posted the wrong chat thread. Meant to link this one https://stocktwits.com/symbol/GALT

I think $20 is the highest prediction on there. They posted an SEC fining today which apparently supports the buyout theory so who knows.

I'll be transferring funds to DeGiro in the next couple of days. At the mo looks like I'll just be increasing my GALT holdings

Thanks again for the original tip

up 16% today !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,140 ✭✭✭✭beertons

$1.54 last December. Great call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

VKTX up nearly 7% today.

More to run with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 PenguinEggs

up 16% today !

Yeah looks like GALT is in for a good run. I got into IZEA last week, $1.70 at close $1.77 pre market, it dropped soon as but turned green yesterday. Still undervalued by some accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Where do you guys get your info on potential stocks?

And how much of your money are you putting into stocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Does anyone know of any Marijuana ETFs? There are a couple in the US which we can't get on Degiro but there might be a couple on the European exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

So no Irish people can buy us etfs?

Anyone got any good etfs to get into?

Listened to a podcast on visa few weeks back. More and more people will use cards I think especially in countries where cash is currently used a lot like the eastern Europeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Just bought AMS. Ag,
    It’s down about 50% from peak, I think with Apple using more of their chips and the release date coming soon, it will rise in the short term, also looks promising for self driving cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

paulers06 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any Marijuana ETFs? There are a couple in the US which we can't get on Degiro but there might be a couple on the European exchanges

Frankfurt Borse says nien.
    http://deutsche-boerse.com/dbg-en/about-us/insights/Handling-of-currently-eligible-cannabis-related-securities/3434796

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

Pussyhands wrote: »
    So no Irish people can buy us etfs?

Anyone got any good etfs to get into?

Listened to a podcast on visa few weeks back. More and more people will use cards I think especially in countries where cash is currently used a lot like the eastern Europeans.

Two ETFs I currently plan to invest are the below:

iShares Edge MSCI USA Momentum Factor ETF
    iShares Automation & Robotics UCITS ETF USD (Acc) | RBOT

Anyone any thoughts on these?

Advertisement