Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

It's up 11% in Frankfurt this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭littlevillage

NZC:ASX is absolutely flying for the last Month or so. Gone from AUD$0.19 to 0.35 now. The SP has been rising due to the rising price of Copper, plus better political soundings in its African terriroties and (potentially) some good new Cobalt prospects.

But the price of Copper seems to be plateauing now and the other good news is probbaly built into the SP at this point, I have a 30% profit locked in, I wonder is now a good time to sell NZC ?

Pussyhands wrote: »
    good time to get in?

Generally before approval is when you wanna get in. You might get in at open but it'll probably have moved up in PM. Or you could wait for a pullback.

• Advertisement

VSTM $10.00+ today. Thanks to whoever tipped it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ryanair tanking this morn, down to 12.77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

retalivity wrote: »

Unions have destroyed this stock

retalivity wrote: »

Clearly tempting for buyers, SP already back up to 12.82

VSTM Copiktra to be for sale from today.

Not wasting any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Great couple of days for OGEN. Can’t remember who tipped it but thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

NZC:ASX is absolutely flying for the last Month or so. Gone from AUD$0.19 to 0.35 now. The SP has been rising due to the rising price of Copper, plus better political soundings in its African terriroties and (potentially) some good new Cobalt prospects.

But the price of Copper seems to be plateauing now and the other good news is probbaly built into the SP at this point, I have a 30% profit locked in, I wonder is now a good time to sell NZC ?

Cobalt prices have fallen to $28 per pound and in my opinion will continue to fall. One of the big aussie cobalt players (Cleanteq) has seen it's price cut down badly during 2018 because of this. The NZC feasibility study uses a price of $37 per pound to get their NPV numbers. In a recent presentation they say the NPV will fall to just 70m if cobalt hits $20 per pound.

As for copper, I don't know anything about that industry but I can't see the price rising to anything meaningful in the future given where it's sat around for the past 5 years.

The share price is near all time highs right now despite no news and very low volumes - something stinks and I'd be taking profits while the sun still shines.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Prezatch wrote: »
    NZC:ASX  is absolutely flying for the last Month or so. Gone from AUD$0.19 to 0.35 now. The SP has been rising due to the rising price of Copper, plus  better political soundings in its African terriroties and (potentially) some good new Cobalt prospects.  

But the price of Copper seems to be plateauing now and the other good news is probbaly built into the SP at this point,  I have a 30% profit locked in, I wonder is now a good time to sell NZC ?

Cobalt prices have fallen to $28 per pound and in my opinion will continue to fall. One of the big aussie cobalt players (Cleanteq) has seen it's price cut down badly during 2018 because of this. The NZC feasibility study uses a price of $37 per pound to get their NPV numbers. In a recent presentation they say the NPV will fall to just 70m if cobalt hits $20 per pound.

As for copper, I don't know anything about that industry but I can't see the price rising to anything meaningful in the future given where it's sat around for the past 5 years.

The share price is near all time highs right now despite no news and very low volumes - something stinks and I'd be taking profits while the sun still shines.
    NZC is the only viable cobalt play on the ASX right now, at these cobalt prices. Prices are close to 35 per pound right now AFAIK. Copper plays a bigger role than cobalt in their revenues. Every Car charger and EV and battery and renewables all has alot of copper. Copper will be a great long term hold from here. NZC is not without its risks but has huge potential given they are expecting to produce both of these metals. Not saying it wont go up or down from here.

When looking at cobalt prices, metal bulletin prices are the guide not LME.

"Metal Bulletin assessed low-grade cobalt prices at $33.50-34.25 per lb on Friday September 21, stable compared with the midweek assessment, and up from $33.35-34.10 per lb a week earlier.  High-grade cobalt prices ended last week at $33.60-34.50 per lb, in-warehouse, rising from $33.50-34.40 per lb midweek and $33.45-34.35 per lb a week earlier"

CLQ hasnt got a hope unless price of cobalt and/or nickel rockets.

CLA is the second best cobalt play on ASX imo, dont hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

VSTM $10.00+ today. Thanks to whoever tipped it!
    Have it in the Nasdaq. Watching the clock for opening time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Have it in the Nasdaq. Watching the clock for opening time.

Certainly not looking good, down 3% in pre-market.

b4bmm wrote: »
    NZC is the only viable cobalt play on the ASX right now, at these cobalt prices. Prices are close to 35 per pound right now AFAIK. Copper plays a bigger role than cobalt in their revenues. Every Car charger and EV and battery and renewables all has alot of copper. Copper will be a great long term hold from here. NZC is not without its risks but has huge potential given they are expecting to produce both of these metals. Not saying it wont go up or down from here.

When looking at cobalt prices, metal bulletin prices are the guide not LME.

"Metal Bulletin assessed low-grade cobalt prices at $33.50-34.25 per lb on Friday September 21, stable compared with the midweek assessment, and up from $33.35-34.10 per lb a week earlier.  High-grade cobalt prices ended last week at $33.60-34.50 per lb, in-warehouse, rising from $33.50-34.40 per lb midweek and $33.45-34.35 per lb a week earlier"

CLQ hasnt got a hope unless price of cobalt and/or nickel rockets.

CLA is the second best cobalt play on ASX imo, dont hold.

Thanks guys, for the feedback.

-Prezatch you reckon, take a profit now, there might be some share manipulation going on...

-B4bmm (who I originally took the tip from in Dec 17..thank you btw!!) reckons hang tough, Copper is a long term play.

I think I am going to set the alarm for 3am and see how things are progressing .. there probably is some share manipulation going on, as I think the effective free float is something tiny like 11% (the top 20 single investors own 89% of the company). if the SP starts to turn south, then I'm out.... if it continues to rise ..its chin scratching time.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Certainly not looking good, down 3% in pre-market.

Crikey, whats going on? down 4% now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wombatman wrote: »
    Jeez, getting absolutly hammered this year.
    Down 2K on a 10K portfolio.

AURORA CANNABIS and Nzuri Copper Limited could save my bacon yet. Lovely turn around in the last month.

VSTM order placed, see no negatives with this company. Can't place why share price is way it is today.

VSTM order placed, see no negatives with this company. Can't place why share price is way it is today.

I reckon institutional investment lowering the price to load up now that it’s approved and de-risked.

• Advertisement

Amyris down 8% due to plant being located in North Carolina.

Maybe an opportunity to get in.

Back up 9% since this post.

Latest addition: GoPro

Trading 50% below 12 month high, HERO 7 just out, Christmas coming up.

However, long way to go for the company to fully recover and they could do with a few employee shakeups.

Skelet0n wrote: »

I reckon institutional investment lowering the price to load up now that it’s approved and de-risked.
    But sure shouldn't demand increase the price? There's only a certain amount of shares available to buy. FFS down 13%.

But sure shouldn't demand increase the price? There's only a certain amount of shares available to buy. FFS down 13%.

Trigger stop losses and scare off weak hands for cheap shares.

Drug hasn’t changed, market hasn’t changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Whole thing is rotten.

Not following you but thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Thanks guys, for the feedback.

-Prezatch you reckon, take a profit now, there might be some share manipulation going on...

-B4bmm (who I originally took the tip from in Dec 17..thank you btw!!) reckons hang tough, Copper is a long term play.

I think I am going to set the alarm for 3am and see how things are progressing .. there probably is some share manipulation going on, as I think the effective free float is something tiny like 11% (the top 20 single investors own 89% of the company). if the SP starts to turn south, then I'm out.... if it continues to rise ..its chin scratching time.

For reference I took my cobalt price from http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/cobalt/6-month/

I'm not sure why Metal Bulletin shows different.

VSTM, doubled up at 7.30. I'll eat my hat if we don't end up 10+ in the coming weeks. Someone wants to keep this down.

VSTM, doubled up at 7.30. I'll eat my hat if we don't end up 10+ in the coming weeks. Someone wants to keep this down.

Down 17.77% for the day. F*ck me.

Although sometimes after approval, the realisation that now the real fun begins re outlays with ramping up production etc....
    That's my partner's theory anyway, I let out an expletive when I just looked at DeGiro and I told her why.
    She's in the Med device sector.

• Advertisement

Woulda done the same if I had any liquid cash at the moment.

Great discount today, dunno what's going on but it's only up from here, it's already on sale like.

Advertisement