Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'm a little perplexed by the love for VKTX. Can someone enlighten me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Nice entry point now, if I only coulda predicted FDA approval would result in a 50% drop. My crystal ball was on the fritz.
    Seems a bizarre move with the SP after taking the beating it has. They’ve cash for years now though so it literally can’t go any lower. I hope.

Market cap essentially less than 3 x the cash on hand. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭butrasgali

I'm new to this..just signed up with degiro yesterday..I see in previous posts that Ryanair were a good buy at around 15 euro 6 month's ago..now there gone down to just over 11..what do people think of them at current price..I might take the plunge at them ..

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭the goon

CRMD. My greatest success to date. Bought at 55cent, watched it fall to 19 cent and it's at $2.15 today. All that in eight months. I'm not going to go into my biggest failures to date!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

I'm a little perplexed by the love for VKTX. Can someone enlighten me?

Incredibly briefly, NASH is a huge disease currently without a good treatment, VKTX have a drug that's passed phase 2 trials along with a big pipeline. Massively undervalued. Plenty more about it on the web if ya wanna do some DD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Does anyone have any shares in Avita Medical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭littlevillage

butrasgali wrote: »
    I'm new to this..just signed up with degiro yesterday..I see in previous posts that Ryanair were a good buy at around 15 euro 6 month's ago..now there gone down to just over 11..what do people think of them at current price..I might take the plunge at them ..

Theres a whole thread dedicated to Ryanair.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057583945

in a nutshell, yeah the consensus I think on here is that at €11-ish its a pretty good buy. Should be back to €15 or so next year...after a terrible few Months recently.

Bought a chunk of it myself at €11.40 a week ago.

The usual caveats apply....to any advice you get on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Razer share price is in the bin, with all the new product announcements the other day I think it might get some love. Going to see how it gets on when market opens but I think it might have bottomed, might be time to take a position. It's on the borse with Degiro..

https://quotes.wsj.com/HK/XHKG/1337

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭paddyman

Anyone know whats happening with Cormedix share price?. Its flying at the moment but i couldnt see the reason why.

So Sears has filed for bankruptcy, which was expected. Did ye throw a few quid on it?
    JackieChan wrote: »
    Anyone brave to invest in Sears at 47(were at 37c a few hr ago) to see if they can avoid bankruptcy this weekend?? :)
    Bob Harris wrote: »
    I'll stick a fiver on.

• Advertisement

Razer share price is in the bin, with all the new product announcements the other day I think it might get some love. Going to see how it gets on when market opens but I think it might have bottomed, might be time to take a position. It's on the borse with Degiro..

https://quotes.wsj.com/HK/XHKG/1337

Up 9%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Limit orders in on some longterm targets after the bloodbath last week:

Msft @107
    Atlassian @78
    Alibaba @140

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

Does anyone have any shares in Avita Medical?

Yeah I’m in for 2000 shares on Frankfurt on de giro

Sold EDRY on Friday. Made a profit, typical though!

Sold EDRY on Friday. Made a profit, typical though!

November is when shipping stocks usually take off, still time to get in I’d wager. If it breaks ATH of 14.50 then it’s blue skies above. DRYS ran x20 intraday in November two years ago.

Where do you see it going to?

Where do you see it going to?

Book value at least, but as I said could go way higher.
    But it’s a low float stock so if something goes wrong then it’s hard to get out of, not for the faint hearted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Book value at least, but as I said could go way higher.
    But it’s a low float stock so if something goes wrong then it’s hard to get out of, not for the faint hearted.

Am I correct on saying that Book value for EDRY is something like $18 ??

Am I correct on saying that Book value for EDRY is something like $18 ??

That’s correct.

• Advertisement

Chacha97 wrote: »
    Yeah I’m in for 2000 shares on Frankfurt on de giro

How much did u get them for?

In for the third time on EDRY @ 10.29

EDRY showing at 9.66 for me on DeGiro.

Anyone got any BOI shares?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Anyone in on any REITs? I believe they pay good dividends?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 will92ie

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Anyone in on any REITs? I believe they pay good dividends?

They do.
    I invest in a few in the U.S. - typically they are pass thru entities so they don't get taxed as long as they distribute 90% (?) of their earnings to stockholders. But I get taxed at a higher rate than say I would on a Bank Of America or ATT dividend. So the high dividend is negated somewhat.
    I imagine there would also be some consequences of being Irish and owning foreign REITs. Not too sure on Irish REITs - I hear IRES being mentioned on here a bit.
    I would ask your broker or look online re tax consequences if you're thinking of going non-Irish.

Anyone got any BOI shares?

No, no, no. Forget about it, it's not a bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

will92ie wrote: »
    They do.
    I invest in a few in the U.S. - typically they are pass thru entities so they don't get taxed as long as they distribute 90% (?) of their earnings to stockholders. But I get taxed at a higher rate than say I would on a Bank Of America or ATT dividend. So the high dividend is negated somewhat.
    I imagine there would also be some consequences of being Irish and owning foreign REITs. Not too sure on Irish REITs - I hear IRES being mentioned on here a bit.
    I would ask your broker or look online re tax consequences if you're thinking of going non-Irish.

Your tax rate should be the same on all dividends - you irish marginal rate (probably 52%). Assuming you are irish resident of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 will92ie

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Your tax rate should be the same on all dividends - you irish marginal rate (probably 52%). Assuming you are irish resident of course.

Not Irish resident any more so REIT divs are ordinary income (i.e. personal income tax rate) while ATT/BAC dividends are qualified dividends at CGT rate believe.
    I understand it's all at the same rate in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Thoughts on General Motors?

Advertisement