Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Anybody get into Netflix the past few days? Big jump after market, interesting to see how it goes today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,677 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

crushproof wrote: »
    Anybody get into Netflix the past few days? Big jump after market, interesting to see how it goes today.

Making a Murderer 2 is launching in the next few days. It created a huge boost for Netflix when the first series came to fame. You've probably already missed the boat, but could still be worth a punt if you're quick

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

crushproof wrote: »

I bought them at $189 last year. Been a bumpy week, but looks like i'll have doubled my investment when the market opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

unkel wrote: »
    Making a Murderer 2 is launching in the next few days. It created a huge boost for Netflix when the first series came to fame. You've probably already missed the boat, but could still be worth a punt if you're quick

Think the bump has more to do with them reporting their quarterly figures, they smashed all estimates for subscription growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

So Sears has filed for bankruptcy, which was expected. Did ye throw a few quid on it?

I didn't, had a look, seemed a complete basket case. Pity as I'd have about 7.00 had I done so!

• Advertisement

Skelet0n wrote: »
    November is when shipping stocks usually take off, still time to get in I’d wager. If it breaks ATH of 14.50 then it’s blue skies above. DRYS ran x20 intraday in November two years ago.

I got in at 9.10 a few weeks ago after you tipped it. I'll hold until the run up to ER. God knows what could happen.

Am I right in saying the public float has increased? I could have sworn it was about 280k not long ago and noticed it's now at 1.09M?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Anyone in / have thoughts on Organigram?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Anyone in / have thoughts on Organigram?

Going by today it was a case of selling the news as everything to come is already priced in for a few months, so I wouldn't expect a quick buck. I'd go Aphria over Organigram.
    Markets will now be focusing on mundane things like profit, margins, acquisitions and mergers.

Shopify back down 6% today, I'm in. I see easy gains here over the coming months. Weed companies now using the platform to sell in Canada which is a bonus.

Going by today it was a case of selling the news as everything to come is already priced in for a few months, so I wouldn't expect a quick buck. I'd go Aphria over Organigram.
    Markets will now be focusing on mundane things like profit, margins, acquisitions and mergers.

Thanks, haven't made a direct purchase of any weed stocks but thought it's prospects looked good and doesn't seem like a ridiculous market cap compared to some of the others. I'll keep an eye on it for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yulong Eco-Materials anyone? A "modest" 550% jump today.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I got in at 9.10 a few weeks ago after you tipped it. I'll hold until the run up to ER. God knows what could happen.

Am I right in saying the public float has increased? I could have sworn it was about 280k not long ago and noticed it's now at 1.09M?

Not to the best of my knowledge. I imagine a quadrupling of the float would have seen a noticeable drop in share price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I noticed that the public float was something tiny like 280k as well a week or two ago. It certainly appears that it's 1.09m now.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/edry

To be fair the stock did drop substantially, and has now basically rebounded to where it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Anyone got shares in Wells Fargo or have any thoughts on it? I know it’ll be slow growth but I feel it’s a safe enough bet .

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Chacha97 wrote: »
    Yeah I’m in for 2000 shares on Frankfurt on de giro
    I tried buying them but was unable to pick up any the last few days . How much did you get in for?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭dumb_parade

Shopify back down 6% today, I'm in. I see easy gains here over the coming months. Weed companies now using the platform to sell in Canada which is a bonus.

I upped my holding last week when it hit 130, but it’s been very volatile since I started trading it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,677 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Think the bump has more to do with them reporting their quarterly figures, they smashed all estimates for subscription growth.

You could well be right. Just saying that when the original Making a Murderer was launched, it gave a massive boost to Netflix. Not just the subscriber numbers but also the share price iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Heidelberg cement profit warning is hurting CRH's sp this morning, down almost 5.5% to €24.90

CRH Is a blue chip on ISEQ and this is probably a decent buying opportunity for any CRH watchers as this is coming on the back of a period of weakness anyway for the sp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I upped my holding last week when it hit 130, but it’s been very volatile since I started trading it last year.

Speaking of such companies, anyone know any publicly traded companies which specialize in such , preferably in Canada/US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭thomas 123

What are they at at all ... I splashed out on 8 shares yesterday might up it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

ffs..... I wonder have we had a dead cat bounce?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Evening all. I'm looking to start investing any extra income I make into some shares moving forward.

I'm green as grass and just looking for some advice on where I can get the basics down.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Evening all. I'm looking to start investing any extra income I make into some shares moving forward.

I'm green as grass and just looking for some advice on where I can get the basics down.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Right now, my advice would be stay away from the market, I’ve lost 10% in the last two weeks- that’s a years profit on average, from an etf.

Keep saving and wait until the correction ends- it’s extremely volatile at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Right now, my advice would be stay away from the market, I’ve lost 10% in the last two weeks- that’s a years profit on average, from an etf.

Keep saving and wait until the correction ends- it’s extremely volatile at the moment.

So it might be a good time to pick up some value.
    I use the Motley Fool podcasts. Start listening to them without buying and you'll get some ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,505 ✭✭✭valoren

Bank of the Ozarks down 16% in after market trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Now would be the perfect time to invest, all the best investors buy stocks when the market is down, everything is on "sale" effectively, long-term fundamentals haven't changed really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Thanks for the replies. Will have a look at the podcast:)

Any thoughts on TOPS? Spiked big time last season.

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on TOPS? Spiked big time last season.

There's a few shippers mentioned here with their respective merits. Taken from Stocktwits.

original-141913723.png

Advertisement