Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Somecrimesitry

Looking at the markets this week it might be just as well that I couldn't get hold of those cash dividends:)

I'd have probably placed some orders that then plummeted like a stone within 24 hours. I'm starting to think that my personal Share Picks 2018 should be delayed until 2020 or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

VSTM starting to annoy me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

VSTM starting to annoy me

Everything is starting to annoy me, it's a fecking joke, I got out of most stocks about 18 months ago, and was just keeping 50% in prize bonds, 50% stocks, i went 90% stocks two weeks ago, one stock is up 30% and one is down ,60% and one is up about 1% having said that, the dollar is up a few percent, and I converted over, so that is worth about 3%.... hard to know when this will turn around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Drops starting to get a bit savage now across most sectors on my watchlist, last weeks ~2-3% daily drops all in double digits now, must see about cashing in useless prize bonds so I have dry powder ready to go.

Overall it’s a bit concerning alright, I’ve put a lot in over the last two months. That said I am thinking long term bar the minor funds I use for trading the risky stuff. So for now, I’ll continue to buy on a regular basis and see this as a sale (as difficult as that is sometimes).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 reade

Down over 20% on ING Groep.

Thinking of selling and buying Roche.

What you suggest?

Tesla saving the day. In at 258 average. To the moon !

Worst day for the NASDAQ in 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

MSFT as well - was tanking today until Q1 earnings were released after the bell , gaining slowly again post market thankfully as results were strong … get back in there :D

• Advertisement

whatever76 wrote: »
    MSFT as well - was tanking today until Q1 earnings were released after the bell , gaining slowly again post market thankfully as results were strong … get back in there :D

Don't have enough MSFT but all I can see at this stage is healthy long term growth prospects. Decent enough results. Every little helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Twitter beats earnings and up 15% pre-market - finally some good news

Green across the board hope everyone is in the same boat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Green across the board hope everyone is in the same boat :D

Hive... Ryanair...🀔

Hive... Ryanair...🀔

Green overall then I mean haha. NIO TESLA VSTM MSFT VKTX TOPS PAYPAL and few others. Wanted in on Amazon for 1 but order wasn't fulfilled. Nice recovery there today too, easy money for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Thoughts on rockstar or is the price already factored in?

Game getting insane reviews, queues in shops still crazy despite midnight launch..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Thoughts on rockstar or is the price already factored in?

Game getting insane reviews, queues in shops still crazy despite midnight launch..

You would think it would be factored in already but i still think it can go higher.

Look at UBS when it released Far Cry 5, it popped 10% a week later when sales numbers came out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

What a horrible week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Finally some respite with VKTX jumping back up a wee bit. Horrific week otherwise. My fault for being a Tesla skeptic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Any opinions on NVDA? Surely bottoming out now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Fantastic buying.
    Well done.
    Jealous

b4bmm wrote: »
    Fantastic buying.
    Well done.
    Jealous

It's doing well alright, making up for some of the horrible losses on my other stuff ! :rolleyes:

Any thoughts on Amazon? Tempted at current price.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Any thoughts on Amazon? Tempted at current price.

Chart looks like it could go sub-1300

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

It's doing well alright, making up for some of the horrible losses on my other stuff ! :rolleyes:

If you still fancy a bit of GE it's down 6% today.
    The honeymoon period with the new CEO is over which I used to sell up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone thinking of investing in Tencent? Finished down again today. Anyone think there's value at this point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of investing in Tencent? Finished down again today. Anyone think there's value at this point?

Nope, but im going back in to Alibaba. Opened at a 15mth low today, they have earnings call on friday and outlook is not good. However, they also have 11/11 coming up - its the biggest shopping day of the year in China & East Asia - their version of black friday/cyber monday. This will feed into the next quarter earnings and should see an increase in earnings/share price - see earnings for past 3 years below:

94cddc3782872f8474fa865967595adf.png

Share price generally rose from Nov-Jan over the past few years too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Square Enix Holdings Co. Limited up 7.4% in Tokyo. but earnings were back in August I think. No news that I can see today. It does seem to fluctuate a fair bit on me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anone in on Xiaomi, shares are starting to lift and the Q3 number should be impressive. The only place I can find them is on the Hong Kong Exchange with Degiro, would prefer a euro or us ticker if anyone knows one.

• Advertisement

I noticed that the public float was something tiny like 280k as well a week or two ago. It certainly appears that it's 1.09m now.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/edry

To be fair the stock did drop substantially, and has now basically rebounded to where it was.

Up PM

Advertisement