If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amp/Speakers Recommendation for Streaming

Options
  • 27-12-2017 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m looking to replace my trusty old setup which I’ve had for over 20 yrs as a 40th birthday present to myself. I have a Marantz PM44SE, Tannoy Mercury M2’s linked up to a Sonos Connect using Spotify/Tidal. The room is approx 6m x 4m and speakers will be against a wall.
    Don’t want to really spend more than £1000 combined for both bits and had looked at the below, any recommendations?

Amps:-
    Marantz M-CR610
    Marantz PM6006 UK
    Cyrus One
    Anything else???

Speakers (standmount):-
    Kef Q350
    Wharfedale Reva2
    Dali Opticon 2
    MA Silver 100
    Focal Aria 906

Or Speakers Floorstanding:-
    Q Acoustics 3050
    Dali Zensor 5
    MA Audio Bronze 5

I did see a great deal online for a Cyrus One and a pair of Zensor 5’s for £979, could you get anywhere near that price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I’m looking to replace my trusty old setup which I’ve had for over 20 yrs as a 40th birthday present to myself. I have a Marantz PM44SE, Tannoy Mercury M2’s linked up to a Sonos Connect using Spotify/Tidal.  The room is approx 6m x 4m and speakers will be against a wall.
    Don’t want to really spend more than £1000 combined for both bits and had looked at the below, any recommendations?

Marantz M-CR610
    Marantz PM6006 UK
    Cyrus One
    Anything else???

Kef Q350
    Wharfedale Reva2
    Dali Opticon 2
    MA Silver 100
    Focal Aria 906

Q Acoustics 3050
    Dali Zensor 5
    MA Audio Bronze 5

I did see a great deal online for a Cyrus One and a pair of Zensor 5’s for £979, could you get anywhere near that price?
    Looking at doing the same myself so bumping your post.

Also currently streaming using old kit bought back in the day when Richersounds had shops in Dublin.

Current setup is via Apple Airport Express to Marantz PM6010 OSE and Monitor Audio Silver 3i's on B&W Stands. 

(I also use the  PM6010's Headphone Amp with HD595's a lot for Night time playing which it is good)

I have been looking at the all in one solution like the Marantz MCR610 and wondering will it still have that "Marantz Sound" and can drive my current speakers.

What are the thoughts of Staff (Mod Snip)?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Bumped by Mod

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I’m looking to replace my trusty old setup which I’ve had for over 20 yrs as a 40th birthday present to myself. I have a Marantz PM44SE, Tannoy Mercury M2’s linked up to a Sonos Connect using Spotify/Tidal.  The room is approx 6m x 4m and speakers will be against a wall.

Marantz M-CR610
    Marantz PM6006 UK
    Cyrus One
    Anything else???

Kef Q350
    Wharfedale Reva2
    Dali Opticon 2
    MA Silver 100
    Focal Aria 906

Q Acoustics 3050
    Dali Zensor 5
    MA Audio Bronze 5

Hey Nealearchibald.

I dropped you a little PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nealearchibald

Thanks Kenny, I’ll be in touch next week!!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks Kenny, I’ll be in touch next week!!
    No problem!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.