Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else repulsed by Alcohol?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

lufties wrote: »
    How did your pancreas pack in? I'm pretty sure your ****ed with a bad pancreas.

Couldn't be arsed googlng it but I think it's called pancreatisis ....a friend of mine had it. I believe it's quite serious
    I'm off the booze since last Friday. Made a show of myself. I've been very lucky down through the years regarding outcomes of situations that could have been much much worse.
    I know it's not even a week but being sober over Christmas is a novelty for me.
    Best of luck everyone for 2018. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Couldn't be arsed googlng it but I think it's called pancreatisis ....a friend of mine had it. I believe it's quite serious
    I'm off the booze since last Friday. Made a show of myself. I've been very lucky down through the years regarding outcomes of situations that could have been much much worse.
    I know it's not even a week but being sober over Christmas is a novelty for me.
    Best of luck everyone for 2018. :)

Best of luck with it. You won't regret it. Booze ruled my life for too long. Interestingly I went to a shamanic retreat in south America and the visions I had were clear, telling me to start looking after myself. Our social conditioning tells us that drink is part of who we are, but its all bull****. Our liver has enough trouble processing day to day toxins rather than self induced ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Basically the Pancreas becomes intolerant to alcohol. Keep drinking and it reduces the capacity of the pancreas over time, if this happens you will almost certainly end up with diabetes. Pancreatitis is accompanied by a lot of other issues like intolerance to fatty foods, loose stools and stomach bloating & pain. It can be both acute and chronic. If its bad you end up jaundiced. If you go on a binge it can kill you.

In my case I caught it early (after a bout of acute pancreatitis) and as I don't have a drink problem just stopped drinking there and then. So now no problem thankfully. I have drunk since then and the symptoms returned so it wasn't a one-off.

There's a lot of talk about the liver and alcohol not so much about the pancreas.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Garrett81

Alcohol is a mood altering substance, any mood altering substances is a drug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

AmberGold wrote: »
    Basically the Pancreas becomes intolerant to alcohol. Keep drinking and it reduces the capacity of the pancreas over time, if this happens you will almost certainly end up with diabetes. Pancreatitis is accompanied by a lot of other issues like intolerance to fatty foods, loose stools and stomach bloating & pain. It can be both acute and chronic. If its bad you end up jaundiced. If you go on a binge it can kill you.

In my case I caught it early (after a bout of acute pancreatitis) and as I don't have a drink problem just stopped drinking there and then. So now no problem thankfully. I have drunk since then and the symptoms returned so it wasn't a one-off.

There's a lot of talk about the liver and alcohol not so much about the pancreas.

I think smoking can be directly linked with pancreatic cancer, probably alcohol too.
    Either way, its incredible how we grow up ignorant and spend years wilfully damaging our bodies (and minds).

• Advertisement
Advertisement