Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price discrepancy

Options
  • 27-12-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

I signed up online to FTTH In Nov for €50 per month for 12 months.

The welcome email i recieved said the charge would be €56 for the first SIX months, then €81 for the remaining 6 months.

I contacted a CS agent on 1901 and she said it was a known glitch that the discount could not be applied but will be manually adjusted, she needed to remove call answering to get it to €50 and it would be €50 for the 12 month contract, she promised me that a new email would be sent before she went home, i never recieved that.

A few days ago i recieved my first bill...

Besides the charges that dont make sense, i realise the first bill is a mixture of part months etc, the worrying part is it states the discount is only untill may 2018, i.e. 6 months, not 12.

I also think i should have recieved credit when switching from 1 account number to another, i paid my last bill on the old account on Dec 5, is that paid in advance?

I will send on account numbers and name and address and a link to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

oleras wrote: »
    I signed up online to FTTH In Nov for €50 per month for 12 months.

The welcome email i recieved said the charge would be €56 for the first SIX months, then €81 for the remaining 6 months.

I contacted a CS agent on 1901 and she said it was a known glitch that the discount could not be applied but will be manually adjusted, she needed to remove call answering to get it to €50 and it would be €50 for the 12 month contract, she promised me that a new email would be sent before she went home, i never recieved that.

A few days ago i recieved my first bill...

Besides the charges that dont make sense, i realise the first bill is a mixture of part months etc, the worrying part is it states the discount is only untill may 2018, i.e. 6 months, not 12.

I also think i should have recieved credit when switching from 1 account number to another, i paid my last bill on the old account on Dec 5, is that paid in advance?

I will send on account numbers and name and address and a link to this.
    Hi oleras, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your billing. 

I have received your PM and will get back to you shortly. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

So, this is the reply i received, you can reply to the thread eir reps,no need to PM replies, it may help others with similar queries and also highlight the level of customer service that is available.
    I've checked the old account and can see there is a lap over on dates from the 27/11 - 16/12, I have applied this credit to the new account for. This €16.33 will appear on your next bill.

On your first bill, you have been charged a part period charge, which is a one off amount for service from the 27/11 - 18/12 and then you have your services charged one month in advance. This bill is for nearly 2 months service. Your next bill onwards will just charge you for your month's service.

I've also checked your package and can see a discount promotion has been applied but only for 6 months as there are no 12 months available on the system. This offer was online so the agents over the phone wouldn't have the same discount packages I'm afraid.
    This will need to be logged with the complaints team on 1800 200 481, they will investigate this for you.

Apologies for all inconvenience caused, I understand this is frustrating.

Thanks

Tracey

I have contacted 1901 with this query, i then contacted the care team on Twitter, now i have used the talk to me forum on boards and you are sending me now to the complaints team.

Why cant this be sorted, if you cant do it, escalate it to someone who can please.

I would like written confirmation of what my charges will be for the 12 months of the contract, what i signed up for.

I will attach a screen shot i took the evening i signed up, it clearly states a 12 month discount.

Does this happen to everyone who has signed up since 12 months cant be applied on the system ?

You understand my frustration ? really ? and i speak for thousands i am sure...you dont.

eir.png

So, this is the reply i received, you can reply to the thread eir reps,no need to PM replies, it may help others with similar queries and also highlight the level of customer service that is available.
    I've checked the old account and can see there is a lap over on dates from the 27/11 - 16/12, I have applied this credit to the new account for. This €16.33 will appear on your next bill.

On your first bill, you have been charged a part period charge, which is a one off amount for service from the 27/11 - 18/12 and then you have your services charged one month in advance. This bill is for nearly 2 months service. Your next bill onwards will just charge you for your month's service.

I've also checked your package and can see a discount promotion has been applied but only for 6 months as there are no 12 months available on the system. This offer was online so the agents over the phone wouldn't have the same discount packages I'm afraid.
    This will need to be logged with the complaints team on 1800 200 481, they will investigate this for you.

Apologies for all inconvenience caused, I understand this is frustrating.

Thanks

Tracey

I have contacted 1901 with this query, i then contacted the care team on Twitter, now i have used the talk to me forum on boards and you are sending me now to the complaints team.

Why cant this be sorted, if you cant do it, escalate it to someone who can please.

I would like written confirmation of what my charges will be for the 12 months of the contract, what i signed up for.

I will attach a screen shot i took the evening i signed up, it clearly states a 12 month discount.

Does this happen to everyone who has signed up since 12 months cant be applied on the system ?

You understand my frustration ? really ? and i speak for thousands i am sure...you dont.

eir.png
    I'm afraid as there is no open complaints case logged I am unable to assist you further from here. 

This needs to be logged with them and they need to investigate this for you. I have PM'd you also in relation to this. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Tracey.

You stated there was an overpayment of 16.33 when one account was closed and they new one opened for FTTH, and you would credit this to my new account.

Well, today i received a final bill for the old account with a CR of 35.53.

Is it that hard to figure out your own companys billing ? How are people to have any faith in what a rep tells you ?

Anyway, being somewhat used to this terrible level of service it does not really surprise me.

Today's query is...will this be applied automatically to the new account ?

Tracey.

You stated there was an overpayment of 16.33 when one account was closed and they new one opened for FTTH, and you would credit this to my new account.

Well, today i received a final bill for the old account with a CR of 35.53.

Is it that hard to figure out your own companys billing ? How are people to have any faith in what a rep tells you ?

Anyway, being somewhat used to this terrible level of service it does not really surprise me.

Today's query is...will this be applied automatically to the new account ?
    Hi oleras, 

This final bill states this new amount as you would have paid for service in advance and were then credited back to you on your final bill which was issued on the 28/12. 

This has been transferred to the new account for you already. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Another bill, this time € 56.59, the contract i signed up for is €50 per month for 12 months, as can clearly be seen in the screenshot i took above.

Its a joke. I dont know of any other company whose customer service is so bad, no one can take ownership of a complaint and see it closed. You ring up, they swear blind its now sorted, they are looking at the new info now on the account, that will be all grand from the next bill on...rinse and repeat till Eir just grind you down.

Ill be making a complaint to comreg, this has gone on far too long.

Another bill, this time € 56.59, the contract i signed up for is €50 per month for 12 months, as can clearly be seen in the screenshot i took above.

Its a joke. I dont know of any other company whose customer service is so bad, no one can take ownership of a complaint and see it closed. You ring up, they swear blind its now sorted, they are looking at the new info now on the account, that will be all grand from the next bill on...rinse and repeat till Eir just grind you down.

Hi oleras, 

I'm really sorry to hear that the pricing on your account is still incorrect. I have checked this and can see the further discount has not been applied, I'm afraid it is not available within the system so it can't be added now. 

I can, however, add a one-off credit to the account to cover the cost of this going forward so it will be €6 x 9 months so it will total €54 and would appear on the next bill. It has been credited back to the 3 previous bills also. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi oleras, 

I'm really sorry to hear that the pricing on your account is still incorrect. I have checked this and can see the further discount has not been applied, I'm afraid it is not available within the system so it can't be added now. 

I can, however, add a one-off credit to the account to cover the cost of this going forward so it will be €6 x 9 months so it will total €54 and would appear on the next bill. It has been credited back to the 3 previous bills also. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    If you can do that Tracey it would be great. Its getting soul destroying at this stage, it shoudent really be that hard.

Thanks.

Hi oleras, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    If you can do that Tracey it would be great. Its getting soul destroying at this stage, it shoudent really be that hard.

Thanks.
    No problem at all, I understand your frustration here. 

I've applied this to your account now so will appear on the next bill issued. I have also added a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

Apologies again for the delays in getting this resolved.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement