Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Sessions North Dublin

Options
  • 27-12-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Could anyone suggest where there are traditional music sessions in the North Dublin area?

We are fairly new to the area living in Rush. There used to be a session in Walsh's on an Thursday night but last time we went down it had stopped. We were too late in finding out that the Man-O-War hosted one yesterday (St Stephens' day).

We would love to know if there are any fairly regular sessions that we could also take a child to as we are interested in attending them ourselves as well as introducing our child to the trad-scene.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ladygoodman

There's 2 in Swords on Sunday evenings as far as I remember - one in the attic bar and one in the cock tavern, also one on in Duffys' in Malahide, however I would say they're not child friendly given they're on late in the evening/night.

There is a trad session also Sunday mornings in O'Connells in Howth, this would be your best bet, as it's on about 1pm and is every week.

Not too sure if there is any closer to Rush!

Hope that helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Mighty Beard

Hi LadyGoodman,

Thanks for your reply. We'll have to give the Howth one a go soon. We'll keep the others in Swords in mind for ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Also the 44 in swords Sundays.
    From 7 ish. But check that time.
    Sounded great last time i was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In Skerries there's sessions in Nealon's on Wednesdays, The Snug on Thursdays & maybe one in Joe May's too, but not sure when.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Seamus Ennis centre. Often they have a session on a Sunday afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Hi All,

Could anyone suggest where there are traditional music sessions in the North Dublin area?

We are fairly new to the area living in Rush. There used to be a session in Walsh's on an Thursday night but last time we went down it had stopped. We were too late in finding out that the Man-O-War hosted one yesterday (St Stephens' day).

We would love to know if there are any fairly regular sessions that we could also take a child to as we are interested in attending them ourselves as well as introducing our child to the trad-scene.

Thanks in advance.

The drop inn used to do one at the end of each month but not sure if still the same since new owners took over ..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dazed909

Sunday evening in the Lord Mayors, Swords. I think it's 6-8.

Advertisement