If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED55B7V how much now?

Options
  • 27-12-2017 6:52pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I am about to take the leap and treat myself to a 55" OLED 4K TV. 

Over the last 2 months I have seen the prices drop considerably for LG's offering (OLED55B7V).
    [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Most places now want [/font][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]€1649 for this[/font][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]. As this is a 2017 model and it is almost 2018 I hope the price will drop further. [/font][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

What is the best price you can offer this for now? 

Many thanks. 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

2011 wrote: »
    Hi, I am about to take the leap and treat myself to a 55" OLED 4K TV. 

Over the last 2 months I have seen the prices drop considerably for LG's offering (OLED55B7V).
    [font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Most places now want [/font][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]€1649 for this[/font][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]. As this is a 2017 model and it is almost 2018 I hope the price will drop further. [/font][font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font]

What is the best price you can offer this for now? 

Many thanks. 
    Hi 2011.

Our current Boxing Day sale price on the 55B7 would be £1499.00 or 1649.00 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202521-oled55b7v.aspx

In stock and ready to ship.

Any questions please let me know.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

So you have matched the price advertised by all of the big name suppliers. No better deal on offer?

I have managed to negotiate Harvey Norman and Powercity down to €1600 with relative ease. Based on this my feeling is that €1500 is achievable within a couple of weeks, and significantly lower once a 2018 model is released.

So you have matched the price advertised by all of the big name suppliers. No better deal on offer?

I have managed to negotiate Harvey Norman and Powercity down to €1600 with relative ease. Based on this my feeling is that €1500 is achievable within a couple of weeks, and significantly lower once a 2018 model is released.
    Hi 2011.

On Harvey Normans web site they are pried the same as ourselves at 1649 Euro but they charge 749 Euro for a 4 year extra warranty.
    Ours is 1649 with our 6 year included free of charge making us the better deal.

Powercity also at the same price but only include a 1 year warranty.

Like all products once they are coming to the end of their run the price does drop but with the B7 I would say its a good 3 or 4 months away before LG might change their range. The 55B7 was released sometime in May 2017.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hi Kenny thanks for the clarification. The 6 year warranty makes a big difference. I did not expect this. I think this should be made clearer to customers as it is a big selling point.

Hey 2011.

I think I might get you to pick me some lottery numbers for this weekend.

The 55B7 has now just dropped to £1399 while the current batch of stock last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

Hey 2011.

I think I might get you to pick me some lottery numbers for this weekend.

The 55B7 has now just dropped to £1399 while the current batch of stock last.
    What is the current euro price? as the gbp and euro prices are still £1499 and €1649 on the website..

When in store it is easy to negotiate €1600

When in store it is easy to negotiate €1600
    Hey 20011.

We have to stick to our price beat policy on TV as the margins are much lower and because we include our 6 year guarantee and the benefits that it can produce.

I'm not sure what the Euro price will be as its only the sterling price I have a change for from our mainland UK site.
    The Euro may not change as our competitors in the South of Ireland are still at 1649 Euro.

If you pay in sterling and let your bank do the conversion it might be cheaper than the 1649 listing.
    You could call your bank and see what rate they would give you on the £1399.00

Littlewoods Ireland are currently selling the LG OLED55B7V for €1648.99.

By using the code LXJV4 at checkout a 20% discount can be obtained bringing the selling price down to €1319.99 including delivery.

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lg...38719&Ntt=oled

Can you price match? 

Many thanks. 

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Littlewoods Ireland are currently selling the LG OLED55B7V for €1648.99.

By using the code LXJV4 at checkout a 20% discount can be obtained bringing the selling price down to €1319.99 including delivery.

Can you price match? 

Many thanks. 

unfortunately that code is now invalid ( I have just tried it personally) see screen shot below

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=2377&pictureid=15452

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

That is surprising as some Boards.ie posters claimed to have purchased at this price yesterday:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105768744

That is surprising as some Boards.ie posters claimed to have purchased at this price yesterday:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105768744
    I appreciate that - but as you will see most Boardies have said that the code is invalid - and I have entered all my personal details this morning and the code comes up as invalid ( as it did when I tried it on Friday and Saturday) - have you tried it yourself this morning?

It may still be valid if you sign up for a Littlewoods account - as they are running a promo which is contingent on you signing up for a littlewoods account - on that basis again we would not price match.

We are happy to price match or beat any price advertised including delivery with a similar warranty ( ie 5 or 6 years) per our normal T's and C's - you can check them out here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/t-pricebeat.aspx

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Snipped by Moderator

Fr Dougal I suggest that you read my only post on the thread I linked to.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Lads,

I'm on the verge of purchasing this tv. Is there a tv that you would recommend ahead of this for similar budget?

rondeco wrote: »
    Lads,

I'm on the verge of purchasing this tv. Is there a tv that you would recommend ahead of this for similar budget?
    Hi Rondeco.

Unfortunately not.

Nothing beats the OLED screens at the moment.

I purchased one of the 55B6 versions last year and its mind blowing.

Now that the 2018 OLED models have been announced by LG can I take it that the 2017 models are now at the end of production? ......and on this basis is a further price drop imminent??

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/8/16860496/lg-4k-oled-ai-super-uhd-tv-specs-google-assistant-alexa-announced-ces-2018

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Littlewoods? Ah lads, you wouldn’t mind if it was a respectable electrical retailer, but Littlewoods?!
    Imagine if anything went wrong with the tv in the next 12/24 months, the absolute ballache you’d have dealing with them.

Look back on all of the threads on this forum and how John and Co. have responded and resolved any issues that customers have had.

Now imagine being without a tv for weeks if there was an issue if you purchased through a company like Littlewoods.

Look up Littlewoods on Trustpilot, then make up your mind.
    Fr_Dougal,

we really appreciate your support but we make a rule on this forum not to knock other retailers - could we ask you to edit your post above ( but again thanks for the recommendation ;) )

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Now that the 2018 OLED models have been announced by LG can I  take it that the 2017 models are now at the end of production? ......and on this basis is a further price drop imminent??

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/8/16860496/lg-4k-oled-ai-super-uhd-tv-specs-google-assistant-alexa-announced-ces-2018

the 55B7 is still in production and as far as I know we wont see the 8 series until approx May and as ever in this price cycle that IS our industry they will launch at a significantly higher price.

From memory the 55B6 ran out in June 2017 with a retail of £1499 ( exactly where the 55B7 is already!) and the 55B7 was introduced at £2999 - the 55B7 was briefly at £1399 and at the moment I can only see the price increasing as stock is limited but of course as the new model approaches, stock permitting, we may see further drops - but imminent, or significant, I don't think so!

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

Fair enough John. Thanks for the reply.
    I will watch with interest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

As the original question posed in this thread has been well discussed with RS and reflecting John's post #20 above, I'm closing this thread.

You're very welcome to open another thread to pursue any query with RS.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.