Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post removed

Options
  • 27-12-2017 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Not sure if this the right place

Hi Hope you can help with this

Today l put up a post about hounds killed fox in the garden of a family home on estate in macroom town in the hunting forum and it seems l broke the rules and the post has been deleted
    l do apologised for that, but l thought by doing that on the hunting forum, it will let the other hunters know that this has happened and it shouldn't have been allowed
    l'm sure there are some that will agree with me

l then put the post on AH and it was locked.l was advised to get it resolved with the moderator of the hunting forum and they will unlocked it but I don't know the name of the moderator that did it so can't deal with him.

What happened on the estate was appalling and thank god, no kids were out playing. But people have a right to know about this
    We all know that they do hunting out in the countryside but this was shocking, hunting in town!

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No, it's not the right place. You were told what the procedure was when the thread you started in AH was closed. Discuss your complaint with local mods first. You can escalate it to the CMods, and then to Help Desk. This forum is for disputing cards or bans only. I'm moving the thread to Help Desk and will have a little more to say over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sweetsugar

But l don't know what the name of the mod who closed it or how to find his name and it doesn't come up on my account
    This boards site is very hard to use
    But thanks for moving it to the help desk

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, as a former Sports CMod I have a pretty good idea as to what happened here. You decided to raise your ire at the hunting lobby by starting a thread there without reading the charter. If you had read that charter you would appreciate they do not allow threads of that nature. I quote an extract from the Hunting forum charter below:
    Sparks wrote: »

There are also some rules specific to this forum:
    1. Hunting is legal, ethical and morally sound. This is an accepted axiom of this forum and discussions about whether or not hunting itself is an ethical or legal activity are not permissible;
      All such discussions will be deleted without exception. However, discussions on the ethics of specific hunting techniques or practices is permitted, but such discussions will be required to adhere to the rules more strictly than most other discussions.
    2. This is a hunting forum so if you're anti-hunting, we recommend that you don't post and don't read any posts;
      you are going to be offended. If you must post, please remember the first rule of the shooting forums - Be Civil to one another - and the above rule regarding discussions about ethics.
    3. Posting in Hunting to troll users in Animal Welfare or Animal&Pet Issues is not acceptable; nor are regular posters from Hunting who troll in those forums.
      In both cases, infractions and/or bans may be given by mods in both forums even if the user only posted in one forum.

Please note that looking for loopholes in rulesets is a violation of the first boards.ie guideline of "Don't be a dick"...
    Having had one thread closed you then decide to start a thread in AH complaining about the action taken against you in the Hunting forum

So you were essentially ignoring all procedures and the closing mod note in the AH thread did explicitly set out those procedures. You then ignored that and started a thread in the Dispute Resolution forum which I have now moved here

So now we are here. I can see your complaint but cannot see any basis for allowing you to essentially troll the Hunting forum (and to be absolutely clear I have no interest or liking whatsoever in hunting, but I fully respect the rights of those who do to post without facing challenges of this nature to their "sport"). What do you want to achieve with this thread?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement