Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod Touch Battery Life

Options
  • 27-12-2017 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi. My niece got an iPod touch for Xmas. The battery had been dying very fast yesterday. Also, it would be almost dead but when it was plugged back in it would rise quickly to 100% and then stay there.

My brother returned it to Argos today for a replacement but now the second iPod is behaving the same way! It has just been charged and was at 99% for ages, then it went to 100%. My niece played a game on it for 5-10 minutes and it went into the red. Then she plugged it back in and it went straight to 100%?

Are we missing something obvious here? Does it need multiple charges to 'break in' the battery.?I'm just very surprised to hear or such erratic behaviour from a new battery.

Any advice?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Hi. My niece got an iPod touch for Xmas. The battery had been dying very fast yesterday. Also, it would be almost dead but when it was plugged back in it would rise quickly to 100% and then stay there.

My brother returned it to Argos today for a replacement but now the second iPod is behaving the same way! It has just been charged and was at 99% for ages, then it went to 100%. My niece played a game on it for 5-10 minutes and it went into the red. Then she plugged it back in and it went straight to 100%?

Are we missing something obvious here? Does it need multiple charges to 'break in' the battery.?I'm just very surprised to hear or such erratic behaviour from a new battery.

Any advice?

Many thanks.

I bought my daughter an iPod Touch latest gen for Christmas and she gets 5-6 hrs of heavy-moderate use between charges. Admittedly I did expect the battery to last a bit longer but with that kind of usage it’s to be expected really.

If in doubt, contact Apple customer care, they’re really helpful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any advice?

Many thanks.

It's possible they gave you another faulty one. Bring it back.

Advertisement