Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about busking in Dublin?

• 28-12-2017 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I've an enthusiastic guitar playing kid who really wants to go busking and who am I to stop her. Just wondering is it allowed or do you need some sort of license and does it matter if she's a kid? Wouldn't be in town, probably somewhere in dun laoighre / greystones. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Go into dub City Council and ask for wonderwall licence tell them Ed sent you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,708 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The licence is one thing but you want to be a little streetwise too, some artists will claim an area and get in to an altercation with you should you come in to their patch as they call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I've an enthusiastic guitar playing kid who really wants to go busking and who am I to stop her. Just wondering is it allowed or do you need some sort of license and does it matter if she's a kid? Wouldn't be in town, probably somewhere in dun laoighre / greystones. Thanks

30 euro for licence in Dublin city. Don't think you need one in dun laoghaire. The spot in front of Porterhouse ia good. Fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

bluefinger wrote: »
    30 euro for licence in Dublin city. Don't think you need one in dun laoghaire. The spot in front of Porterhouse ia good. Fair play to her.

Thanks, you don't think it's a problem that she's a kid? Maybe she shouldn't be trying to collect money and just sit there and play, she just wants to perform!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Thanks, you don't think it's a problem that she's a kid? Maybe she shouldn't be trying to collect money and just sit there and play, she just wants to perform!

No minimum age afaik. I've seen all ages do it.
    As for money just leave guitar case on ground if people want to support her that's up to them. It's really just about getting out and performing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,147 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sometimes see youngish buskers on Bray seafront. DL pier might be another option (once the weather's a bit better).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Came across this on Facebook and assumed it might be your daughter. Is it ? If so, she sounds excellent and IMHO deserves to be heard by more people.

If you are not on Facebook and wish to see the clip.... when asked to sign up/ log in....just click "not now".

EDIT : Just noticed your...." Wouldn't be in town, probably somewhere in dun laoighre / greystones"....statement. So it's obviously not your daughter. Still worth a look at the clip though. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/LovinDublin/videos/2135236429836449/

Advertisement