Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for SW 8/12

Options
  • 28-12-2017 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey,

As many I moved in an old house, and I have this alarm that is locked. I followed some procedures to reset to default but no success.

Extra requirement :
    - alarm that would have a wireless zone (for the garage that is detached from house.)
    - option to put a GSM/sim card
    - Do alarm can connect to wifi to send emails ?
    - What is the range from the main box to the wireless device. (Garage is at other end of house detached 5-6 meter from house)

What would be a logical upgrade replacement of such old alarm ?

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hey,

As many I moved in an old house, and I have this alarm that is locked. I followed some procedures to reset to default but no success.

Extra requirement :
    - alarm that would have a wireless zone (for the garage that is detached from house.)
    - option to put a GSM/sim card
    - Do alarm can connect to wifi to send emails ?
    - What is the range from the main box to the wireless device. (Garage is at other end of house detached 5-6 meter from house)

What would be a logical upgrade replacement of such old alarm ?

thanks,

You would need a engineer to default the system for you.
    Easily done on site.

If you wanted to add wire free devices to this system you could use a quick bridge if you have a free zone in the panel.
    You could also add a GSM-SC-SW to this system for remote access and app control.
    Please see the sticky above re apps and prices.

Alternatively you could upgrade to any hybrid system if global sensors are used on your system to allow you add wire free devices.

Advertisement