Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 219

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Barboza via Submission
    Takedown for cyborg incoming i think

Holm wearing her down with clinch

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Barboza via KO/TKO
    ECookie13 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say Khabibs jiu jitsu is as good as Tonys.
    Tony only got his blackbelt last month for a reason. He jiu jitsu is good, but overrated in general.
    He's a NAGA dual world champion. Tony isn't at that level.

I agree Khabib is better. But that has nothing to do with his Naga titles.
    A naga world championships aren't a high level event. I just checked this years results, LW and WW divisions (the most competitive) were won by two purple belts. Tony would pick up a naga title easy imo. As would most.

Barboza via Submission
    Jesus holly is tough. But She's out of ideas.

Needs to try something else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Khabib via Decision
    All the big shots coming from cyborg now and Holm really struggling with her range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Holly getting very predictable now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Barboza via Submission
    The lack of diversity is gonna bite Holly again. She seems to be quite predictable at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Khabib via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Barboza via Submission
    Holly telegraphs her own strikes all by herself. She exhales before she even throws, it's no surprise that Cyborg can dodge them all when she's basically telling her when she's going to strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Khabib via Decision
    No chance of winning but would like to see Holly go the distance.

Barboza via Submission
    Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Holly telegraphs her own strikes all by herself. She exhales before she even throws, it's no surprise that Cyborg can dodge them all when she's basically telling her when she's going to strike.

Its ****ing irritating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Khabib via Submission
    Impressed with cyborg not being overly aggressive and staying calm. Holly is one tough girl but would like her to drop back down now and make a run at the bantemweight title again.

Khabib via Decision
    I'd say the UFC got exactly what they wanted there - Cyborg still the unbeatable monster but a more than competent showing from Holm that would justify them giving her a shot at Nunes after a few wins at 135.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Khabib via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barboza via Submission
    48-47, FFS. :pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Barboza via Submission
    Those score cards flattered Holly a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The only round I thought was close enough to argue about, was the first. Holly was game though, Cyborg just better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Would prefer to see Nunes move up and take a shot at Cyborg than Anderson getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Barboza via Submission
    As a Conor fanboy and Khabib hater, I think Conor retires or fights Diaz/gsp/boxer and avoids Khabib completely. That man is a relentless animal. Conor could even get a fight in spring against Tony, say he defended and retire then but if he is really about trying to challenge himself and look for the big fights, then there is no bigger than Khabib. Must feel ****ing awful having him on top of you.

Holly is tough out, sickened for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    She even telegraphs when it's going to be a combo by doing multiple grunts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Khabib via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    Ahhh im so happy, year after year saying hes the best. Please stay healthy.
    Yeap,he's the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Khabib destroys Conor if it happens.

No interest in the main event. I like Holly but Cris is 50% man at this stage. A mockery of a fight. A juiced up freak who belongs in the circus. Didnt watch it and wont be watching the repeat. Id rather watch WWE or the bearded lady or something. She shouldnt be anywhere near an octagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The Nal wrote: »
    She shouldnt be anywhere near an octagon.

I'll bite..

Why is that exactly?

Khabib via Decision
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'll bite..

Why is that exactly?

He referred to the juicing, so I guess that.

Cyborg is one of the best P4P fighters on the planet but like all drug cheats, there will always be an asterisk beside her.

I'll bite..

Why is that exactly?

Nothing to bite about. Shes a GH/anabolic steroid modified mess. Clearly. She belongs in traveling freak show. Where children point and cry.

Holly is one of the greatest fighters of all time, across all disciplines and she has a loss against her now because some woman has been taking growth hormone for 15 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Nothing to bite about. Shes a GH/anabolic steroid modified mess. Clearly. She belongs in traveling freak show. Where children point and cry.

Holly is one of the greatest fighters of all time, across all disciplines and she has a loss against her now because some woman has been taking growth hormone for 15 years.

Holly is bang average. Lost 3 on the spin after beating rousey. Back to bed you loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

She popped once, and hasn't since. I think she's been clean since.
    Granted she still has that mark on her record but I reckon that'll be the only one.
    What she is, is dominant.
    I've actually warmed to cyborg lately, she seems likeable enough, and just wants recognition for being a beast at what she does.

As for Holly being one of the greatest of all times.. No

Khabib via Decision
    I must keep an eye on how Rogan gets on towards Cyborg over the next while. Before Holm head kicked Rousey into oblivion, his attitude to her was "stop doing horse steroids and cut the weight" to make a fight happen with Rousey. I suspect he'll be very much fawning over her given she's probably one of the most intriguing and popular fighters on the roster at this stage.

Holly is bang average. Lost 3 on the spin after beating rousey. Back to bed you loon.

Cant think of another female fighter with a record like her. 38-2 in boxing, 11-1 in kickboxing and 15-4 in MMA. Shes 36 years old, hence the recent losses. Incredible career.
    She popped once, and hasn't since. I think she's been clean since.
    Granted she still has that mark on her record but I reckon that'll be the only one.
    What she is, is dominant.
    I've actually warmed to cyborg lately, she seems likeable enough, and just wants recognition for being a beast at what she does.

FFS lads. Look at her!! Shes been taking GH for years. We dont need USADA to tell us that. A joke every time shes fights. A disgrace to the sport. WWE has more legit credibility than last night.

• Advertisement

Khabib via Decision
    FFS lads. Look at her!!.

What does that mean? Have you and Ultimate Seduction been comparing biology notes?

Advertisement