Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 219

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The Nal wrote: »
    FFS lads. Look at her!! .

Is it because she doesn't look like a "normal" female mma fighter like pvz or the likes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Cant think of another female fighter with a record like her. 38-2 in boxing, 11-1 in kickboxing and 15-4 in MMA. Shes 36 years old, hence the recent losses. Incredible career.

FFS lads. Look at her!! Shes been taking GH for years. We dont need USADA to tell us that. A joke every time shes fights. A disgrace to the sport. WWE has more legit credibility than last night.

How much did you lose on Holm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Suspending disbelief lads. Admirable in fairness.

Anyone who doesnt believe Cris has been in GH for years and years is either a relation or a moron. Its a farce.l not worth posting about anymore.

Barboza via KO/TKO
    What does that mean? Have you and Ultimate Seduction been comparing biology notes?

Come off it lad! Mine was a joke obviously. This fella has lost the plot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Is it because she doesn't look like a "normal" female mma fighter like pvz or the likes?

Its because shes taken so much juice she looks and talks like a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Khabib via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Khabib via Decision
    darced wrote: »
    Holm was near the same size as Cyborg last night and much more vascular, they are both on protein shakes I'm sure.

She was nowhere close to the size of her ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Barboza via Submission
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Khabib via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KyleJJE

Barboza via Submission
    Massive fan of conor, but if him and khabib fight, I think Conor would start off as slight underdog at the bookies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

Conor would be man handled by khabib, one takedown and its game over. Total demolition. But why the UFC want this? The cash cow getting destroyed is not what they want.

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Mtx wrote: »
    Conor would be man handled by khabib, one takedown and its game over. Total demolition. But why the UFC want this? The cash cow getting destroyed is not what they want.

Same as everyone else was going to destroy him till he knocked em out.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KyleJJE

Barboza via Submission

I was in the same mindset, but khabib is a different animal, all Conors weaker areas (ground game, wrestling, grappling, endurance) are khabibs strengths. Conor against any endurance fighter, with a good ground game that can weather intial storm is a serious threat to Conor. Saying that, obviously conor's standup is excellent and he could knock khabib out. But I think having a single method of success against khabibs arsenal is not enough.

Imagine if UFC agreed to Khabibs statement that he could fight both Tony and Conor on the same night, now that is 5m+ PPV buys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

It's always a bad match up for him never the other fella.....he might not have face a grappler like Khabib but like wise has he ever faced that punch power........sure he might get him down but if he don't? he has nothing standing up for McGregor

plus if he does fight any time soon at 55 it cannot be Khabib......it has to be Ferguson or the winner of those 2, if Tony does beat Khabib the match up with Conor will most likely never happen much like Edgar at 45 ........unless he gets beat of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barboza via Submission
    KyleJJE wrote: »
    Massive fan of conor, but if him and khabib fight, I think Conor would start off as slight underdog at the bookies

They've had hypothetical odds up on it for about 18 months now and Conor is a slight favourite. It's been Conor (5/6) vs Khabib (evens).

It may have changed again after last night however, but I look at MMA odds quite often and have always seen Conor listed as a tiny favourite for the matchup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Cant think of another female fighter with a record like her. 38-2 in boxing, 11-1 in kickboxing and 15-4 in MMA. Shes 36 years old, hence the recent losses. Incredible career.
    I'd imagine that's down to all of our ignorance of female boxing/kickboxing.
    How many female champion boxers/kickboxers do you know? Tbh only Katie comes to mind and she's a far far better boxer than Holly.

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Watched it again last night sober, my god cyborgs jab is vicious. Great counters too. I thought she was just a brute/brawlor but her striking was excellent against supposedly the best wmma striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Watched it last night for the first time.
    Khabib is an animal on the ground.
    But He just runs forward and is wide open.
    I think Conor would land at will against him, Conor’s stance allows him to move a foot or 2 back while still punching. depending how khabib handled the punches it could be over or make him think twice about running forward and then Conor would land on him easy.

This is coming from someone who thought that everybody Conor fought since and including Mendes would give him trouble so what do I know.

Saying that if it got to the ground then night night.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 x6tence

Holm via Submission
    id love to see a maia vs khabib at 170 just out of curiosity and i believe khabib would maul conor personally i think both their fight IQ's are insane but id edge it for khabib, he was able to take down barboza with a 87% takedown defense, conors only hope would be to clip him early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Khabib via Decision
    What's the earliest pics or vids of her? Always reading about how she looked much more feminine years ago but never see much proof of that.

This vid from 2009 she looks more or less the same as she does now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Make up works wonders for women................and men too probably:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cyborg via Submission
    What's the earliest pics or vids of her? Always reading about how she looked much more feminine years ago but never see much proof of that.

She does looks quite masculine, has high muscle mass and has a very masculine voice as well....I always feel suspicious every time I see her (in the sense it makes you wonder what she's taking/has taken), but that's literally just a casual observation, not claiming to know either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ariel Helwani has a bit of a reputation for ‘having it in’ for the UFC but sometimes I wonder what the hell he does be watching. I watched his post fight show (just after the press conference, not his podcast) where he was saying that the UFC ended 2017 on a special note and signed off with a contender for fight of the year between Holm and Cyborg. What was he watching? The Holm v Cyborg was a reasonably entertaining, competitive fight but only one person ever really looked like winning. The only remarkable news story from the night was Khabib’s performance. Apart from the decent main event, and Khabib’s mauling of Barboza, it was one of the most forgettable numbered events of the year imo.

Advertisement