Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 219

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

akelly02 wrote:
    Could see holm outpointing cyborg!

Potentially ya but I think cyborg will just rush her and overwhelm Holly and get the stoppage .
    Babrboza wins on the feet or khabib easily on the ground ! Looking forward to condits return too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've never seen anything from Holm to say she's particularly good at stealing rounds. Before her last fight against Betch (who is a joke) she lost two very similar fights by decision to GDR and Sheva. I can't see her being shrewd enough to do enough to win rounds against Cyborg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Khabib via Decision
    I'm not sure how much Cyborg will be able to rush her. Holm is tough, she's shown it on several occasions. Think cyborg most likely to win but if she goes all out for an early KO, she could end up gassing quickly and leave Holm with great opportunities.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I've never seen anything from Holm to say she's particularly good at stealing rounds. Before her last fight against Betch (who is a joke) she lost two very similar fights by decision to GDR and Sheva. I can't see her being shrewd enough to do enough to win rounds against Cyborg.

To go back to my own point, I also don't ever see Holm being great at adjusting in fights. The GDR and Sheva fights being prime examples. She was doing her usual movement with brief rushes and it really wasn't working and she couldn't do anything to switch it up.

Maybe it's becoming apparent that I just don't rate Holm and that is the case. I think her boxing credentials show how shallow women's boxing is. Her punches aren't even her most effective striking technique. Holm is one of these people I always find myself backing against...except for when she's fighting a joke shop like Beth Correira

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Khabib via Submission
    ianob7 wrote: »
    Potentially ya but I think cyborg will just rush her and overwhelm Holly and get the stoppage .
    Babrboza wins on the feet or khabib easily on the ground ! Looking forward to condits return too.

Think magny will beat condit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Khabib via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

So if Holly beats Cyborg, after already bearing Ronda, will she be the GOAT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

ricero wrote:

Not for me . Magny is a bit meh I feel . Average at everything exceptional at nothing

darced wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I'm with you on that one.. lack of fighting would be the only way I see condit losing that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Just seen the way ins Holly looked like death. Cant wait for this card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barboza via Submission
    I really don't see how Holly could be classed as the greatest female mixed martial artist of all time if she wins here.

Yes, she'd have won two titles but she's 1-3 in her last four fights with her only win since 2015 coming against Bethe FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Condit could be damaged from all of the punishment he's taken. It didn't take a big shot from Maia for Condit to say he was rocked from it and didn't want to get hit again. He's also talked about his worry of brain trauma in the future. Think it could be a case of him taking this for the money if life since retiring isn't paying the bills.

I also don't rate Magny highly, prime Condit smashes him but this would be a fight I'd avoid betting.

Barboza via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »
    I really don't see how Holly could be classed as the greatest female mixed martial artist of all time if she wins here.

Yes, she'd have won two titles but she's 1-3 in her last four fights with her only win since 2015 coming against Bethe FFS.

10000%, in my opinion theres no greatest female mixed martial artist at the moment, it could have been Ronda but at the moment theres nobody whos dominating. Nunes might have a chance but shed need a good couple of ws. Cyborg would be for me but her past is to shadey.

ASOT wrote: »
    10000%, in my opinion theres no greatest female mixed martial artist at the moment, it could have been Ronda but at the moment theres nobody whos dominating. Nunes might have a chance but shed need a good couple of ws. Cyborg would be for me but her past is to shadey.

Ah come on. She's literally had one brilliant performance to date in her entire career compared to plenty of crappy unimpressive ones. Joanna J has had numerous brilliant performances.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

lads I put the :pac: at the end of my post for a reason

Barboza via KO/TKO
    dulux99 wrote: »
    Ah come on. She's literally had one brilliant performance to date in her entire career compared to plenty of crappy unimpressive ones. Joanna J has had numerous brilliant performances.

Fair enough, at the end of the day the main point I was getting at is theres no greatest womans mixed martial artist yet, the more there game evolves is when were going to start getting contenders for that title. Its like looking back to early ufc and watching how the fighters have evolved since, from having only one dominating art to becoming well rounded machines. Alot of the early pioneers of the sport would have been great fighters but none would be considered the best of all time etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barboza via Submission
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    lads I put the :pac: at the end of my post for a reason

I know you were joking mate, but plenty of people haven’t been when saying it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,863 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Barboza via Submission
    ricero wrote: »
    Condit on another level, don't see how magny beats him and surprised Condit isn't a shorter price

Barboza via KO/TKO
    mailburner wrote: »
    Condit on another level, don't see how magny beats him and surprised Condit isn't a shorter price

Was on another level, doesnt seem the same anymore. Would love to see him come out and blast magny because of how much I love him but with magnys size its gonna be a tough fight imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib via Decision
    Was on another level, doesnt seem the same anymore. Would love to see him come out and blast magny because of how much I love him but with magnys size its gonna be a tough fight imo.

For my money he beat Lawlor, not a robbery but I feel he was the better over five rounds.

Since then he got backpacked by Maia, it's not like he's on a run of terrible performances.

He'll butcher Magney.

Barboza via KO/TKO
    For my money he beat Lawlor, not a robbery but I feel he was the better over five rounds.

Since then he got backpacked by Maia, it's not like he's on a run of terrible performances.

He'll butcher Magney.

Maybe im just basing it off the condit I loved watching 3 or 4 years ago but he just has seemed off. Hopefully your right but well see tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Khabib via Decision
    Maybe im just basing it off the condit I loved watching 3 or 4 years ago but he just has seemed off. Hopefully your right but well see tomorrow!

I honestly think the Lawlor fight was one of his best performances, he was game as f*ck and was lighting Robbie up at times. I think the judges were swayed by Robbie's aggression rather than actually output and damage delt. It was close and for me one of the best fights of the last few years but I thought Carlos was the winner and so did a lot of the experts.

I think he'll come out and put on a clinic tomorrow.

Maybe I'm being hopeful because I think he's one of the cleanest strikers in UFC history and love watching him but I really hope we see the Natural Born Killer back in there doing his thing.

Barboza via KO/TKO
    I honestly think the Lawlor fight was one of his best performances, he was game as f*ck and was lighting Robbie up at times. I think the judges were swayed by Robbie's aggression rather than actually output and damage delt. It was close and for me one of the best fights of the last few years but I thought Carlos was the winner and so did a lot of the experts.

I think he'll come out and put on a clinic tomorrow.

Maybe I'm being hopeful because I think he's one of the cleanest strikers in UFC history and love watching him but I really hope we see the Natural Born Killer back in there doing his thing.

Hes one of the reasons I got hooked on watching mma, the rory fight & second kapmann fights are in my top 15 fights of all time. I hate seeing fighters I love decline so i hope your right and we get a clinic tomorrow!

Khabib via Decision
    After putting his one on Joe Rogan after each of his 8 UFC wins, Khabib gifted Rogan with his very own papakha today during the ceremonial weigh ins.

I think that's really cool of him. Rogan clearly has a high opinion of Khabib and enjoys when he puts the head piece on him after fights, so it's cool that Khabib would go out of his way to gift him one of his own.

Barboza via Submission
    After putting his one on Joe Rogan after each of his 8 UFC wins, Khabib gifted Rogan with his very own papakha today during the ceremonial weigh ins.

I think that's really cool of him. Rogan clearly has a high opinion of Khabib and enjoys when he puts the head piece on him after fights, so it's cool that Khabib would go out of his way to gift him one of his own.

War Barboza :cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Khabib via Decision
    What channel is this on?

My bad it's tomorrow fail by me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

What channel is this on?

My bad it's tomorrow fail by me

BT Sports ....... Anyone know what time the main card is starting please?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

amber2 wrote: »
    BT Sports ....... Anyone know what time the main card is starting please?

3 AM I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Barboza via Submission
    Yupp main starts at 3. Prelims start at 1

https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/947036034390302722

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

3am BST will that be roughly 2am our time ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Barboza via KO/TKO
    amber2 wrote: »
    3am BST will that be roughly 2am our time ?

3am Irish time. Same as any other Vegas card

Advertisement