Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Battery - Software or Hardware?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

So will Compu B give a replacement handset for the 3-5 days while the iPhone is having the battery changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

So will Compu B give a replacement handset for the 3-5 days while the iPhone is having the battery changed?

Doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

Mactivate fixed it while I waited - Im sure there are lots other official mac repair shops on Apples website that will too if CompuB cannot.

Does anyone know why there are no real "Apple Stores" in Ireland? The Apple tech support line I was on to was amazed we didnt have one.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Mactivate fixed it while I waited - Im sure there are lots other official mac repair shops on Apples website that will too if CompuB cannot.

Does anyone know why there are no real "Apple Stores" in Ireland? The Apple tech support line I was on to was amazed we didnt have one.

Cool so you dropped in and they replaced battery there and then? What was the charge?
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Advertisement

Cool so you dropped in and they replaced battery there and then? What was the charge?
    Thanks,
    Mick

You will have to ring for quote as I got it free under the 6S battery recall - but it should be 29 euros as they are approved repair agents.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    You will have to ring for quote as I got it free under the 6S battery recall - but it should be 29 euros as they are approved repair agents.

Anyone go into CompuB yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Anyone go into CompuB yet?

Haven’t gone in yet, but my understanding is that you have to leave your phone with them for a day or two.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Harvey Norman are doing these battery replacements in store in their Rathfarnham store for €27 appartantly.

apple-battery-banner.jpg

http://www.harveynorman.ie/lovetech.html

• Advertisement

They are an Apple authorised service Centre so I would assume so. Out of curiosity, what guarantee are Apple actually offering on these replacement batteries?

I assume Harvey Norman airside would offer same service?

I assume Harvey Norman airside would offer same service?

Not according to that link they won’t be.

Patww79 wrote: »

If returning it by post - just do it via apple.ie website - its tricky to navigate but the option is there.

Make sure to do a full backup your phone data first.

“Roll it back”

Yeah - the overly graphical site is a little convoluted with all the links - but start here... and choose an option that best suits you.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/iphone/repair/service

They may post you out a self-addressed box to send it in.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yes, remove and delete everything. Don't assume you are going to get the same phone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

Yes, remove and delete everything. Don't assume you are going to get the same phone back.

For a simple battery change why would they send you a new phone?
    I know for Applecare repairs sometimes it's easier for them to replace your handset, but surely not in this case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I brought my iPhone 6 into CompuB Dundrum on Tuesday evening to get the battery replaced and it was ready for pick-up the following day. Under the new Apple battery replacement program, it only cost €29. The best thing about it all is that I get the original battery life and the phone is supper zippy again, just like when I first bought it. I recommend anyone who is experiencing battery life and/or performance issues to avail of this offer from Apple. The offer is available globally till Dec 2018 as far as I know. CompuB customer service was excellent. Note: CompuB did say it could take up to 5 working days but if the work can be done on-site (pending parts availability), it could be sooner which was in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Fantastic service from CompuB in Galway.

I called in there yesterday just to see how long the waiting list was for a new battery. I was told it could be a couple of weeks, but that they’d run a diagnostic there and then for me. They said if it fails they will give it back to me, order a new battery and drop me an email when it arrives in stock. Much better solution than being without it for a few days.

Anyway, they rang yesterday evening to say a bunch of batteries arrived. I couldn’t go back in yesterday, but called in this morning. Dropped the phone off, and 30 minutes later it was ready for pick up.

Communications from the shop were excellent over the past 24 hours.

Well done CompuB Galway!

BTW, battery stats and processor scores are way better on Geekbench with the new battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Apple booked me an appointment in compub swords yesterday...Went in and they done the diagnostics test and said yesterday (Tuesday) there was a 5-6 day wait on batterys to deliver. Now today (Wednesday) there is a 2-3 week wait on them.

So they said when they do come in they would give me ring. I have it prepaid and need the new battery badly as my iphone 6 is practically a landline (That likes turning off at 60% and come back on at 10% :mad:).

Hopefully hear from them soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

I used Mactivate in the Northwest Business Park (about 5 minutes drive from Blanchardstown Shopping Centre). They had the job done in 45 minutes. Fast friendly service. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

If you have an iPhone 6 Plus and need a battery replacement, I would try and book it in asap as there appears to be battery shortages for the Plus model. See: http://www.iclarified.com/64122/apple-battery-replacements-for-iphone-6-plus-delayed-until-marchapril

These guys are also doing replacements https://i-connect.ie/. I've just booked in with them in Cork (via Apple support chat). Location in Cork is in the Wilton area. Handier for me than going into town:
    https://www.google.ie/maps/place/iConnect+-+The+Apple+Experts/@51.872005,-8.5077619,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48448e3290754b0b:0xf08d4a8d913b86c0!8m2!3d51.8727245!4d-8.5077792

Went into compub swords with sons phone Saturday. They said there's a couple of weeks delay on battery now, that they would take details and phone you when battery available and then they would take the phone overnight and replace. They ran a diagnostic on the phone and said the fingerprint sensor wasn't original. That's true - it was replaced due to water damage. Then they said they would replace the battery for 29 euro but if anything went wrong as there are 3rd party parts in the phone they couldn't cover the cost and would have to pay for out of warranty replacement. We left it as don't want to risk being out the price of a phone. Are there any places that will just replace the battery and not care re other parts etc?

Thanks,
    Mick

• Advertisement

Ya those seems to be retail stores. I've booked in now in that location in Cork for Friday morning

Advertisement