Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas for non bridal wedding dress

• 28-12-2017 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Getting married in may. Have small baby. 40+. Not keen on traditional bridal gown and prob too late to order a non traditional gown anyway. Looking for a fabulous dress off the rails that would stand up on the day. Civil ceremony so non traditional in every sense. Am not set on colour but would worry about someone turning up in same dress so maybe should TRY to get a dress in white/cream/ gold/ivory/ or at least part bridal colour. Someone suggested the personal shopper in Arnotts. Maybe I just need to go to boutiques, forget bridal shops but wondering if anyone had seen anything. Would prefer a short/ to knee/ just below.. Now, that's a simple request- right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I got one on Wolf and Badger website. They offer stuff from small independent brands or boutiques around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

After all my talk I bought a bridal dress on a sample sale but it's v simple so I do like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Have a look at the Ted Baker website. They do wedding dresses that are not quite ‘bridal’. You can order them through BTs too, if you wanted to try it on and be able to return it via BTs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

What about looking at vintage shops? Friend of mine wore a 1930s dress.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭wexpat girl

I ended up with a bridal dress that I bought in a sample sale but it's v plain and simple and with some alterations Will fit the bill hopefully!

• Advertisement
Advertisement